X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Palooza
    Au Revoir, Shoshanna
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by A Tasty Burgerr
    The premise of The Nines was intriguing but wasn't executed very well, Ryan Reynolds did a surprisingly decent job though.
    Ryan Reynolds is an underrated dramatic actor.

Comment

• Nukleopatra
      Posts a lot
      • Nov 2008

3 out of 4.

It was a nice surprise.

Comment

• SOS4Prez
        Dang ol'...yo.
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Palooza
        Ryan Reynolds is an underrated dramatic actor.
        Completely agree. He's shined in The Nines, Fireflies in the Garden, and Chaos Theory. Can't wait til the movie where he's buried alive...I bet he gives the best performance of his career.

Comment

• JayDizzle
          Let's Go All The Way...
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by PEYMAN18
          Tales from the Crypt : Demon Knight

1/5

Not really into horror movies... This one was just too cheesy for me to really enjoy.
          The sad thing is, the second Tales From the Crypt movie is even chessier.

Tits, gore, sex, tits, etc.

I say "tits" twice because most of the female characters in the movie are topless for a majority of the screen time.

As for Demon Knight, Billy Zane practically owns the movie so take that for what you will.

Comment

• Palooza
            Au Revoir, Shoshanna
            • Feb 2009

Bordello of Blood FTW

Comment

• Nukleopatra
              Posts a lot
              • Nov 2008

1 out of 4.

Yeah. It was as bad as people made it out to be.

Comment

• Nukleopatra
                Posts a lot
                • Nov 2008

2.5 out of 4.

Comment

• Nukleopatra
                  Posts a lot
                  • Nov 2008

Went with a double header tonight, but should have stopped at Zombieland.

1.5 out of 4.

Not only did I guess the ''twist'' during the fucking trailer, but my favorite part of this one was, when the killers actually have a conversation with each other about who the killers are. Holy mother of Christ.

Comment

• Sharkweather
                    • Jul 2009

You have better skills than I then. I liked that movie a lot, twist got me big time.

It is a little unbelievable though once you find out who the killers are and their actions up to that point. Will give you that.

Comment

• Nukleopatra
                      Posts a lot
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Hova
                      You have better skills than I then. I liked that movie a lot, twist got me big time..[/SPOILER]
                      No skill needed. You go into every movie like that, guessing the least likely dweebs. If you still can't guess who the killers are (yeah right) they give it away at the ''worthy of framing'' comment. What are you going to tell me next? You didn't know the guy on the floor in Saw, was the killer? These people are so fucking desperate to shock us, they think of the dumbest, most pathetic twists they can think of.... Unknown to them, those twists end up being the easiest to guess.... Yes, I knew the killer was the guy on the floor, long before the twist was revealed (in ''Saw''.)

A Perfect Getaway's twist, with the whole conversation scene, is without a doubt, one of the worst fucking twists I have seen in my life. I actually came away insulted by it. I mean, I can live with the fact we guess the killers within 2 minutes, but to throw a scene that pathetic in our faces, is beyond laughable - It's insulting.
                      Last edited by Nukleopatra; 11-04-2009, 04:20 AM.

Comment

• Nukleopatra
                        Posts a lot
                        • Nov 2008

2.5 out of 4.

I had no choice but to look the twist up on the internet beforehand, because no way in hell was I going to sit through 2 hours of this, and find out that Esther has a mini dick (Sleepaway Camp.) Fortunately, the twist was very original, and for once in several years, I would not have been able to guess the ''secret.'' Knowing ahead of time did take something away from the movie, so I suggest not looking it up. The twist, is of course, somewhat ridiculous, but no dumber than ''Saw'' and ''A Perfect Getaway.'' At least ''Orphan'' would have left me guessing until the very end, unlike ''Saw,'' where I said to my girlfriend ''it's the dead guy on the floor'' moments into the movie. They can thank Isabelle Fuhrman for the score, because she stole the show.

Decent movie, not anything special.

Comment

• padman59
                          Slayer of Demons
                          • Mar 2009

I watched Trick 'r Treat last night. Alright movie. It's not like the typical horror movies that have been released recently and is probably better than most of those. That's not saying much though. Overall, pretty meh on this one.

Comment

• ChemTheThriller
                            ZzZing w/ the fishes
                            • Feb 2009

3.0/5 Entertaining but nothing that will change you.

Zombieland
                            Plot: The earth has lost the majority of it's population to an infection which turns you into a zombie. Insert ragtag group of people that do not like each other at the beginning and become a family later on after their trials and tribulations, you have zombieland.

The Good: Bill Murray, his part of the movie was probably the funniest all around. of course emma stones fine ass also...
                            *spoiler*

now on the other hand letting Bill get killed by some punk ass kid sucked, well it was funny and honestly kind of unexpected to see Murray actually get killed off after only about 5 minutes of screen time.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                            Formerly known as Peppers90
                            back in the 808

Comment

• ChemTheThriller
                              ZzZing w/ the fishes
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Nukleopatra
                              ... my girlfriend ''it's...
                              Wow... now that's a twist...

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                              Formerly known as Peppers90