X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A Tasty Burgerr
    ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
    • Oct 2008

I bought the Blu Ray of L.A. Confidential despite never seeing it before.

It was $12, its got Kevin Spacey, thats good enough for me.

Comment

• DJ Fog
      Posts a lot
      • Dec 2008

Today I watched:

Both were pretty funny. My friend Chad suggested (and lent) them to me and I cracked up multiple times during both.
      So many one liners from each.

Yesterday saw:

Tracy Morgan should be banned from movies. Is he like, actually retarded?
      www.soundcloud.com/djfog86

Comment

• bdub
        Woah Cam!
        • Jul 2009

Watched this last night

Comment

• mgoblue2290
          Posts too much
          • Feb 2009

Carriers- I didn't even know this had come out until looking through this thread for a movie to watch. It was actually a pretty solid movie, nothing special but still solid. A little short for me actually, kind of ended abruptly.

6/10

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            Highwayman
            • Feb 2009

Was at the AMC Best Picture Showcase on Saturday, watching the first five of the ten total Best Picture nominees for this year...

Inglorious Basterds
            Up In The Air
            Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire.
            The Blind Side

I rate them in order...The Blind Side is a more re-watchable movie, but Precious is a very firm, thick piece of film work. The only reason it is so low on my list is that I don't think I'd ever watch it again...the story and acting is much better than Avatar, but Avatar is a fun little film with groundbreaking visuals. Just a re-watchability factor. Overstand, though...Precious is a STRONG, STRONG piece of film though.

None are really "Best Picture" types, IMO...I enjoyed the hell out of Inglorious Basterds (not sure I see any reason why Chris Waltz doesn't win the Best Supporting Actor nomination) and Up In The Air...just great writing in both films.

I have trouble denying Mo'Nique and Gabourey Sidibe of the Best Supporting and Best Actress awards (respectively)...just two ridiculously good jobs in a film that desperately needed such characters. Both should get their respective awards.
            Last edited by LiquidLarry2GhostWF; 03-02-2010, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• Tailback U
              No substitute 4 strength.
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Nukleopatra
              It's always hilarious when a person defends a really bad movie (Derailed) by telling us the ending was great. Even if Derailed had been a good movie, which is was not, the ending would have completely fucked up the entire thing.. It ranks right up there with Law Abiding Citizen and Perfect Stranger.
              My girlfriend liked all 3 of those movies. I didn't mind them so much because I took them for what they were (and I've had to watch much, much worse shit with her), but my girlfriend really liked them.

And that alone tells you all you need to know about those 3 movies. Women don't understand film. If there is any type of guessing game or "thrill" involved they are automatically sucked in despite the obvious plot holes and shitty acting.
              Last edited by Tailback U; 03-02-2010, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• Sven Draconian
                Not a Scandanavian
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Tailback U
                My girlfriend liked all 3 of those movies. I didn't mind them so much because I took them for what they were (and I've had to watch much, much worse shit with her), but my girlfriend really liked them.

And that alone tells you all you need to know about those 3 movies. Women don't understand film. If there is any type of guessing game or "thrill" involved they are automatically sucked in despite the obvious plot holes and shitty acting.
                QF the MF'n T

Last movie I watched as Cop Out. It was solid for what it was, more or less a parody of the "cop" movies. If you've watched Lethal Weapon and Die Hard you'll probably laugh at it.

Comment

• Fox1994
                  Posts too much
                  • Dec 2008

Fucking priceless. Watching Resevoir Dogs tomorrow.

Comment

• brees fan
                    Shotgunning 4ur sins
                    • Jan 2009

FAQ about time travel- Watched it today, went in having no clue what it was about and suprisingly enjoyed it. Would have been better if a bigger budget studio would have made it though...
                    (*)I am a 25 year old pathological liar. I didn't have any friends growing up, so I feel that I have to impress people I may never meet online with fabricated stories. Any threads/messages I write are strictly false, and have no relevance to any daily experiences in my life. Basically, I am just a law respecting, citizen with no friends(*)

Comment

• bdub
                      Woah Cam!
                      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Fox1994

Fucking priceless. Watching Resevoir Dogs tomorrow.
                      Ugh, worst Seth Rogen movie I have seen. Anna Farris might also be the worst actress of all time.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                        Let's Go All The Way...
                        • Nov 2008

The Wolfman (remake) - * Star.

Would have been great had I not slept through half of the movie.

Cop Out - * Star.

You should be arrested if you go in thinking there is a coherent plot to this thing.

Bruce Willis plays "Bruce Willis" while Tracey Morgan forgot his meds during the entire shoot.

The Crazies (remake) - **1/2 Stars.

Predictable thriller that would have a message about Big Brother having the lay of the land if only...

...they left anyone in the town alive, what with the mass murdering and all caused by a Government-funded super virus

...I blame her:

Last edited by JayDizzle; 03-05-2010, 02:48 AM.

Comment

• Palooza
                          Au Revoir, Shoshanna
                          • Feb 2009

I'm going to watch John Krasinski's Brief Interviews with Hideous Men when I get home.

Comment

• JMeist
                            • Nov 2008

just saw fight club for the first time last night pretty good movie im gonna watch into the wild today i think.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                              Let's Go All The Way...
                              • Nov 2008

Mystery, Alaska - *** Stars.

Little Richard sings both the U.S. and Canadian National Anthem, this guy:

Fights this guy:

over the chick from "In Plain Sight":

and there's a hockey game in there somewhere too. :happy:

Comment

• A Tasty Burgerr
                                ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
                                • Oct 2008

12 Angry Men is a great film.

Comment

Working...