Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Houston
    Back home
    • Oct 2008

WTF, I was watching this shit on DVR today and it just paused like 15 mins in(when the dude was leaving the hospital) and I heard some dudes talking like it was a commentary special on a DVD.

I deleted it, gotta wait till Friday to record it again.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
      Posts too much
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by krulmichael
      So wait, how many episodes have there been? 1 or 2?
      That was the first one.

Originally posted by Houston
      WTF, I was watching this shit on DVR today and it just paused like 15 mins in(when the dude was leaving the hospital) and I heard some dudes talking like it was a commentary special on a DVD.

I deleted it, gotta wait till Friday to record it again.
      Nothing like that happened when I was watching it. You could probably find it online if you wanted to though.

Comment

• krulmichael
        STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mgoblue2290
        That was the first one.
        Thanks for the heads up. I'm guessing it comes on Sunday nights? I'll have to start recording it if I like what I see. Gonna start downloading it now.

Twitch Channel
        http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
        Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
        Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
        Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
        Season V: 2-1

Comment

• Sean
          No longer a noob
          • Nov 2008

just finished the first episode, this series has loads of potential, helps when the comic creator is helping out on the series too.

not really a spoiler, but man did they go all out on details, hospital to the city, to the zombies themselves.

minor mistake though, it seemed like black dudes wife in the pictures was different than the zombie one walking around, might just be me, also, is he ever gonna go with the main guy? i thought he would have gone with him

Comment

• krulmichael
            STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
            • Feb 2009

Alright one more thing, for someone that's never read (or even heard of for that matter) of the comic series, is it going to make the experience less enjoyable or does it do a good job of telling the story and what not?

Twitch Channel
            http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
            Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
            Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
            Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
            Season V: 2-1

Comment

• calgaryballer
              Tiote!
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by krulmichael
              Alright one more thing, for someone that's never read (or even heard of for that matter) of the comic series, is it going to make the experience less enjoyable or does it do a good job of telling the story and what not?
              Are you asking if you should read the novels? Yes! This season is only 6 episodes long, and there will invariably be stuff they leave out

Comment

• Diivox
                It's the other way.
                • Apr 2009

super impressed. not really into the zombie stuff. but this show was awesome. looking forward to seeing where it goes.

breaking bad had a super short first season 2 and then absolutely caught on fire for season 2 and was a fucking blaze of epic proportions by the end of season 3. if that is any indication of what this show will become, ill be at it every week.

hoping it doesnt start out slow like boardwalk empire, which i ditched after 2 episodes

Comment

• citizenerased
                  Rugby World Cup Champion
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by calgaryballer
                  Are you asking if you should read the novels? Yes! This season is only 6 episodes long, and there will invariably be stuff they leave out
                  I read an interview with the creator and writer of the comic books (who is also an executive producer of the show) that the TV show will differ from the comic books in a variety of ways. The general skeleton of the story will be the same, but they will re-do some things differently, leave some things out and introduce new plot threads and scenes.

For example, he didn't know how successful his comic books would be, so he resolved a bunch of plot points earlier and more rushed than he would've liked, so in the TV show they will focus on them longer or approach them in a different way. He specifically mentioned the love triangle between the main character, his wife and his cop partner as an example
                  Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

• Sean
                    No longer a noob
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by citizenerased

For example, he didn't know how successful his comic books would be, so he resolved a bunch of plot points earlier and more rushed than he would've liked, so in the TV show they will focus on them longer or approach them in a different way. He specifically mentioned the love triangle between the main character, his wife and his cop partner as an example
                    i was watching that, i was kind of upset about that, but it happens more then people think, must suck when your in the hospital forever

also, if the attack has happened a few months before, was the main character in a coma or something? he just wakes up and sees all that has happened, no food or anything

Comment

• wingsfan77
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Sean
                      also, if the attack has happened a few months before, was the main character in a coma or something? he just wakes up and sees all that has happened, no food or anything
                      Yep, he was in a coma. Does it ever say how long he was under?

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                        Posts too much
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by wingsfan77
                        Yep, he was in a coma. Does it ever say how long he was under?
                        I think it was about 1-2 months.

Comment

• nflman2033
                          George Brett of VSN
                          • Apr 2009

Great first episode. As a Romero fan, I love the fact that the zombies are not fast moving. I really think its about time we have a zombie series, most zombie movies can't wrap things up in just a 90 minute movie when they do it just seems rushed, this should be fantastic.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                            Probably owns the site
                            • Feb 2009

A-FUCKING-MAZING.

As a native of Atlanta, I almost jerked off to the scenery. Seeing something so beautiful as the Atlanta skyline (at least it's to me, I understand if you disagree) juxtaposed with a zombie apocalypse was pretty cool.

The writing and shooting was pretty bad ass all around. Chalk this one up as a new must watch every week.

Comment

• Palooza
                              Au Revoir, Shoshanna
                              • Feb 2009

Fucking brilliant. TV Shows are at the top of their game this year.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                                Giants in the Super Bowl
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Palooza
                                Fucking brilliant. TV Shows are at the top of their game this year.
                                name them

Comment

Working...