X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tigstah
    Mr. Casual Gamer
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Trm
    As soon as she crashed I turned off the tv.
    double post

Comment

• Houston
      Back home
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Palooza
      2. GTFO of the farm.

I've heard of Bottle Episodes...but not an entire bottle season???

Comment

• Rivers17ncsu
        Amerson For Thorpe!
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Trm
        As soon as she crashed I turned off the tv.

yeah it was so predictable what was going to happen once she said she was going for them.
        "It's the revenge of the dicks that's nine cocks that cock nines"

Comment

• Buzzman
          • Oct 2008

Comment

• JeremyHight
            I wish I was Scrubs
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Palooza
            Writers need to do two things -

1. Kill 90% of the characters
            This is no Game of Thrones in terms of EVERYONE dying, but patience, padawan.

Comment

• Palooza
              Au Revoir, Shoshanna
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by glenwillett
              I had it...

But I've lost it...

If they don't get their house in order by the end of this season "The Walking Dead" will go right into my category of shows that I will wait to run out and then just watch the series if I don't just Wikipedia what happens and leave it at that.

Right now "The Killing" is the only other show in that group, which is not a good thing.
              Ew, the Killing. What a piece of shit.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                Posts too much
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by glenwillett
                I had it...

But I've lost it...

If they don't get their house in order by the end of this season "The Walking Dead" will go right into my category of shows that I will wait to run out and then just watch the series if I don't just Wikipedia what happens and leave it at that.

Right now "The Killing" is the only other show in that group, which is not a good thing.
                Whoever is in charge of this creatively is trying to milk the shit out of the farm and turn this into a series that lasts 6 seasons or so. However they're going to ruin the series before some of the awesome stuff happens.

If they want to fuck with the audience and be a show with some balls, then they would've ended the first season appropriately, not with some building blowing up.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                  My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                  • Mar 2009

So I watched the most recent episode after not having been able to make it past Episode 4 of the first season.

It's as boring and stupid as I remember it. Seriously, one of the worst shows on television because of the disappointment factor alone.

Comment

• JeremyHight
                    I wish I was Scrubs
                    • Feb 2009

I agree, there are two big problems with the show right now.

1.) They change stuff from the comic books. This isn't a huge deal normally, they did the same in Game of Thrones with the books in taking things from later books and somewhat changing certain elements. The opening montage of Watchmen is still one of my favorite condensation jobs ever done. But the stuff they add has been extremely hit or miss. The season 1 finale was an absolute joke, that was downright terrible. Creation of some characters has been questionable. Sitting around on the farm was awful. They made some changes that were acceptable, like how the daughter died and the bar scene, but overall, it has been a disappointing set of changes.

2.) Special effects are awful. I'm not talking the makeup or set design, those are normally very good. I was amazed at how they were able to make the first zombie that Rick sees in the grass. But there are a lot of random effects that look absolutely awful and clearly CGI. For instance, in the last episode, they are throwing bodies of zombies onto an unlit pyre. They stack up the dead and are set to light it. They could just show them lowering the torch and a fire burning in front of their faces so you cannot see the scale of the flame. It is cliche, but everyone gets the point that they are burning the bodies. Instead, they do a dramatic overhead and add in CGI effects that look absolutely terrible. Watch it, you'll see how laughable the flame looks. Every time I see these effects, I cannot help but laugh. This also helped to make the final episode of the first season a laughing stock since the explosion effects were among the worst I've ever seen.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                      Giants in the Super Bowl
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by JeremyHight
                      2.) Special effects are awful. I'm not talking the makeup or set design, those are normally very good. I was amazed at how they were able to make the first zombie that Rick sees in the grass. But there are a lot of random effects that look absolutely awful and clearly CGI. For instance, in the last episode, they are throwing bodies of zombies onto an unlit pyre. They stack up the dead and are set to light it. They could just show them lowering the torch and a fire burning in front of their faces so you cannot see the scale of the flame. It is cliche, but everyone gets the point that they are burning the bodies. Instead, they do a dramatic overhead and add in CGI effects that look absolutely terrible. Watch it, you'll see how laughable the flame looks. Every time I see these effects, I cannot help but laugh. This also helped to make the final episode of the first season a laughing stock since the explosion effects were among the worst I've ever seen.
                      The only time I noticed hokey special effects was that fire. Everything else is make-up and zombie stuff, which looks pretty damn good. At least from what I remember.

The show is a plodding, but it's not as terrible as most make it seem.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                        My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                        I disagree with this. I'd rather watch Jersey Shore.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                          Giants in the Super Bowl
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by BrntO4Life
                          I disagree with this. I'd rather watch Jersey Shore.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                            My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                            • Mar 2009

As ridiculous as that statement is, it's unequivocally true.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                              Giants in the Super Bowl
                              • Mar 2009

teaser for tmrw

Comment

• Realist
                                • Mar 2009

The only time I noticed hokey special effects was that fire. Everything else is make-up and zombie stuff, which looks pretty damn good. At least from what I remember.

You know how some get. Once one person hates it, everyone piles on. Sort of like Madden...

Comment

Working...