X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nucking Futs
    Word Life
    • Jul 2010

So just came back from watching this.

I went in with an open mind. It wasnt going to be the exact Turtles we all loved in the 90's. The movie was pretty good IMO. The Turtles of course have a more aggressive look and all four actually have different distinct looks which I really liked.

Leonardo - The Leader
    Raphael - The badass who is the most muscular out of all four.
    Donatello - The nerd/smart one. The more slender out of all four.
    Michelago - The goofy/ funny one. The shortest out of all four.

Only gripe was I really didn't buy into Meagon Fox as April o'Neil. Her acting is horrible. Splinter is an actual bad ass this time around instead of a old crippled rat. Dude has moves. The back story of the Turtles was a bit different too but wasn't a horrible route. The fighting scenes and the overall look of the movie was pretty awesome. I was most worried that Mikey wasn't going to be funny enough and Raphael wasn't going to be a big enough badass and they managed to pull both off. Mikey was the same ole likable goofy one.

Like I said, if you go in thinking it was going to stick to EXACTLY what we remember in the 90's, you will be disappointed. Its a new era TMNT. They have some of the old that we remember and a whole lot of new that you have to take in.

Go see it dudes.

o TH3 N3RD o

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Nucking Futs
      So just came back from watching this.

I went in with an open mind. It wasnt going to be the exact Turtles we all loved in the 90's. The movie was pretty good IMO. The Turtles of course have a more aggressive look and all four actually have different distinct looks which I really liked.

Leonardo - The Leader
      Raphael - The badass who is the most muscular out of all four.
      Donatello - The nerd/smart one. The more slender out of all four.
      Michelago - The goofy/ funny one. The shortest out of all four.

Only gripe was I really didn't buy into Meagon Fox as April o'Neil. Her acting is horrible. Splinter is an actual bad ass this time around instead of a old crippled rat. Dude has moves. The back story of the Turtles was a bit different too but wasn't a horrible route. The fighting scenes and the overall look of the movie was pretty awesome. I was most worried that Mikey wasn't going to be funny enough and Raphael wasn't going to be a big enough badass and they managed to pull both off. Mikey was the same ole likable goofy one.

Like I said, if you go in thinking it was going to stick to EXACTLY what we remember in the 90's, you will be disappointed. Its a new era TMNT. They have some of the old that we remember and a whole lot of new that you have to take in.

Go see it dudes.

Def go see it...For me though I left with a different take. I agree on the Turtles being awesome and distinct. But Two human characters that were utterly useless had as much or more screen time than they did. I watched the original 1990 version the night before and there just seemed to be much more charm and time spent with them. This one they take forever to appear and very little dialogue between them for huge chunks of the movie. The action was really good but the footclan was retarded. A bunch of guys with guns and no real backstory. Shredder was a bad ass but almost no screen time for him either outside of the armor suit. Will Arnetts character felt alot like the latin kid from Sams college in Transformers 2. Just utterly useless and wasting screen time from the things we want to see. At the very least if he was played by someone else who you knew would turn into casey jones Id be ok with it...but he was just a horny Fn driver.

Anyways the movie was too short and honestly couldn't decide whether to be gritty and simple storied like the original...or explosion filled action like Transformers. The Shredders plan was needless and convoluted. It was more GiJoe than TMNT. A simple crazy crime wave and a reason for Turtles to crazy shit like bash themselves into Hummers would have been plenty. Im glad others feel different , there were plenty of fun scenes just fell short of what I was hoping and it easily could have been.Id like to see a better attempt , I get the feeling the post alien scrupt re-write mangled up the story for this.
      Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• Realist
        • Mar 2009

I enjoyed it.

Not sure if these are actually spoilers but I'll add it just in case

I agree that there should have been more turtles than human interaction. Oneal and the driver had more dialog together than the turtles with each other. Seems like they only really talked was when they were training or whoopin ass. Would have been nice if they showed, for example, more tension, with Raphael and how he wanted to leave to build up to his confession at the end.

I like how they kept each turtles personality true to form.

I like that they had their back-story and how it was step up. Even though it wasn't what we grew up on, they didn't just "show up" out of no where.

What I didn't care for was the foot and how they did just "show up." Also didn't like that they had guns. The foot were ninja's too and they didn't reflect that.

Favorite scene was the elevator.

Read that there is a part 2 coming in June 2016.

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Realist
          I enjoyed it.

Not sure if these are actually spoilers but I'll add it just in case

I agree that there should have been more turtles than human interaction. Oneal and the driver had more dialog together than the turtles with each other. Seems like they only really talked was when they were training or whoopin ass. Would have been nice if they showed, for example, more tension, with Raphael and how he wanted to leave to build up to his confession at the end.

I like how they kept each turtles personality true to form.

I like that they had their back-story and how it was step up. Even though it wasn't what we grew up on, they didn't just "show up" out of no where.

What I didn't care for was the foot and how they did just "show up." Also didn't like that they had guns. The foot were ninja's too and they didn't reflect that.

Favorite scene was the elevator.

Read that there is a part 2 coming in June 2016.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/...fice-1.1953639

Agreed on all your points. The Raph part especially. It was one of the better parts of the original and his leaving in that one was a catalyst to just about everything. This one it was just...dumb all he did was say something about leaving..like what ?

The Foot thing bugs the F out of me...but Im a bitch because I love TMNT so Im sure casuals would enjoy it without hesitation for what it is.
          Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• leaffan
            Colton Orr Fan
            • Feb 2009

Tried to go in with as much of an open mind as I could but it was hard to take in some of the newness of the story (if that makes sense). I liked the look of the turtles and the way they interacted. Megan Fox was annoying. The action was pretty cool. Shredder looked fairly retarded imo.

April being the one to give them names and all that garbage really felt like they did indeed scrap the script and had to make up something new on the spot and thats what came out

I'd say go and see it.

Forgot to add.

Didn't know if this was spoiler worthy or not but I did laugh at all the sort of inside jokes. The turtle soup reference from Shredder had be losing it (no one else in the theater got it) and them taking a shot at the aliens instead of mutants was pretty good

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

Working...