• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffx
    • Jun 2009

Upcoming Marvel Superhero Movies

Saw these on another site -

Thor, the Dark World(11-8-13)
    Capt. America, the Winter Soldier(4-4-14)
    Guardians of the Galaxy(8-1-14)
    Ant-Man & Iron Man 3 - no date

Anthony Mackie will play the Falcon in the Capt America sequel.
  • JimLeavy59
    War Hero
    • May 2012

I hope Marvel or Fox green lights that new Punisher thing Thomas Jane has going.

Comment

• JeremyHight
      I wish I was Scrubs
      • Feb 2009

Cap 2 should be very interesting, as it is based on the Winter Soldier story line and sees Bucky Barnes coming back as Winter Soldier, solid series of comics.

No one knows shit about Thor 2, but some guess he is going to take on either Surtur (Fire Demons!) or Hela (Death). Either way, it has a new writer and director, so it is a complete toss up as to how it will play out.

Guardians of the Galaxy should be very interesting. There was some concept art released and all that matters is Rocket Raccoon should be in it. Fucking titties.

Iron Man 3 is coming out May 2013 and deals with the Extremis storyline. It will be solid, as expected.

A sneak preview of Ant-Man footage was shown and got some positive reviews. I have so little expectations for this movie that it is amazing. Really a minor character in comparison to the major players in the Marvel Universe. I would kill to have this movie scraped in favor of a Deadpool or Punisher movie.

Comment

• SuperKevin
        War Hero
        • Dec 2009

Ant Man is an essential movie because it introduces Henry Pym into this Marvel Universe. You can argue that Henry Pym is one of the most influential members of the Avengers.

Besides Daredevil and Punisher are Fox properties.

Comment

• SuperKevin
          War Hero
          • Dec 2009

Also, Ben Kingsley was confirmed to be playing the Mandarin in Iron Man 3 but he'll be more of a behind the scenes villian.

Comment

• SuperKevin
            War Hero
            • Dec 2009

Last update. The new Fantastic Four reboot has a new writer attached to it so look for details to start flying in. Also, the current director attached to the upcoming Daredevil reboot has dropped out. Fox has until October to get that movie into development or the rights to the character revert back to Marvel Studios(please god let that happen).

Comment

• Rip
              • Aug 2011

I'm a big Thor fanboy so I'm looking forward to his next movie. In the first movie it seemed to be more about personal conflict and trying to relate to human struggle, lovey dovey blah. I think they'll blow off the breaks and make it extremely badass with a lot more action. Thor is one of the top 3 strongest super heroes yet they don't show much of his abilities, hell in his movie he had trouble fighting a normal human at that research facility. The movie universe is different from the comic one, but I think they'll make it a lot better.

Comment

• July 4 1776
                Proud Vikings Lover
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by MikeChase27
                I hope Marvel or Fox green lights that new Punisher thing Thomas Jane has going.
                I friggin loves The Punisher, it was an amazing movie

But seriously Ant Man? Whos gonna go see that?
                SKOL VIKINGS ALL DAY MVP

Comment

• Swarley
                  A Special Kind of Cat
                  • Jul 2010

So I don't know much about the Marvel universe outside of the movies, my question is, how does the Guardians of the Galaxy fit in with all of these other movies, or does it?

Would also love to see Thomas Jane back as The Punisher. Absolutely hated Warzone.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                    War Hero
                    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Swarley
                    So I don't know much about the Marvel universe outside of the movies, my question is, how does the Guardians of the Galaxy fit in with all of these other movies, or does it?

Would also love to see Thomas Jane back as The Punisher. Absolutely hated Warzone.
                    The end of Avengers confirmed the villian for Avengers 2 is going to be Thanos which likely will involve the Infinity Gauntlet. The Guardians of the Galaxy are the protecters of the Infinity Gems that make up the gauntlet. Look for the Gaurdians of the Galaxy movie to serve as a makeshift origin story for Thanos so they donthave to waste any tme in Avengers 2 establishing the villian. Its basically the same thing they did with Thor to set up Loki.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                      War Hero
                      • Dec 2009

While I won't argue that Ant Man is the weakest of the heroes to be featured in his own movie, the character Hank Pym has way too much back story to gloss over it like they did with Hawkeye and Black Widow. Look for Ant Man to be vr story driven and eventually set him up for an appearance as Goliath in Avengers 2.

Comment

• Bomberooski
                        #GoHawks
                        • Feb 2009

Could NOT get into the first Captain America. Hope the 2nd one wins me over because I really want to like him.
                        I give rep not thanks
                        My Audio Blog (Whoring)

Comment

• Rip
                          • Aug 2011

There was a part of me that thought they would add Spiderman to the next Avengers because it conveniently came out recently and Spiderman was apart of the Avengers in the comic books.

Probably not

Comment

• Swarley
                            A Special Kind of Cat
                            • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Rip
                            There was a part of me that thought they would add Spiderman to the next Avengers because it conveniently came out recently and Spiderman was apart of the Avengers in the comic books.

Probably not
                            Sony owns the rights to Spiderman, so that wont be happening.

Comment

• Rip
                              • Aug 2011

Yeah that's what I realized.

I love what Marvel is doing though. They put out a bunch of quality films to build up to the super film. I love how they all tie together too. Like you said I guarantee Ant man and Guardians of the Galaxy will tie to the next Avengers which will probably come out in 2015. Not exactly excited for GotG and Ant man though...

Comment

Working...