X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Houston
    Back home
    • Oct 2008

Cosmos: A SpaceTime Odyssey

Premieres tonight on about 5 different channels, can't wait!
    Last edited by Houston; 03-09-2014, 06:26 PM.
  • JayDizzle
    Let's Go All The Way...
    • Nov 2008

Got me to skip watching first-airings of Zombie Soap Opera.

Dr. Tyson's got my attention.

Comment

• Rylo
      Corpse Disgracer
      • Oct 2008

Uhmazin.

NDGT <3

Bit about good ol Carl at the end got me sad. Great man. I'm sure he'd be super proud though.

Comment

• Rylo
        Corpse Disgracer
        • Oct 2008

Also got goosebumps when he said it. We. Are made. Of Star Stuff.

Also also couldn't help but chuckle at the thought of religious people watching the show and the conversations they could possibly be having and possible rage quite/channels changes that happened.

Comment

• Houston
          Back home
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Rylo
          Also also couldn't help but chuckle at the thought of religious people watching the show and the conversations they could possibly be having and possible rage quite/channels changes that happened.
          I was thinking that too when he said we still don't know where life came from.

God
          tumblr_mymuikhSVz1qlxpuao1_400.gif

Comment

• JayDizzle
            Let's Go All The Way...
            • Nov 2008

I dug that there was no implicated malice towards the Church (etc.) [other than the Inquisition] but rather that there was a man within their ranks that simply thought that there was MORE out there.

That the idea of the Earth simply being all there was in the Universe and nothing else mattered was wrong.

And that we ended up with the show that exclaimed that there's more out there than just the Observable Universe.

There's room for Science and Religion to co-exist and there was even mention of whatever Flying Spaghetti Monster out there having say over more than just our backwater planet.

Now all I want is for the planet to put all the money into renewable energy and the Space Program so we can go out and visit stars and planets that we don't know exist yet.

Comment

• JayDizzle
              Let's Go All The Way...
              • Nov 2008

Addendum:

The Cosmic Calendar year from The Big Bang to now was Crazy.

The last second of this supposed year is when we finally got off of our asses and looked toward the stars?

Makes my worrying about how much a burrito would be at the local Moe's mean jack shit.

Comment

• Houston
                Back home
                • Oct 2008

It was a tad bit dumbed down(understandably so), but I hope he gets into some deeper stuff later.

I've always liked the way he presents his research and thoughts, like the one here at 7:30. One of my favorites of his.

Mind altering stuff, pretty much destroys the idea of E.T.

Comment

• DDRGuido
                  gx
                  • Feb 2009

It's re-airing on NatGeo at midnight. Going to catch it now.

Ready for bricks to be shat.

Comment

• Rylo
                    Corpse Disgracer
                    • Oct 2008

In Religions eyes Science can't co exist. Look at the section of the own show for example of dude being cast out for his views that did not coincide with the religious views. Then turn the clock to today and just take a look at what we have. Retarded ass religitards who won't steer anywhere from the Bible/Quran because JEEZUS CHRIST/DA PROPHET and DA BIBLEZ etc etc etc. I've never met someone who was highly religious and believed in the wide scope of Science and the Astrological schematics that have been researched and continue to be discovered. It just does not work in todays world or in the past and for our society to function even further, and even so, at a more fast paced degree of discovery and research, religion needs to be abolished. That's just one insignificant Atheists viewpoint, though.

Whether you&#8217;ve been turned off by religion in the past or have a question about one of the world&#8217;s religions, check out what Patheos has to offer.

baahhahahahahahaha
                    Last edited by Rylo; 03-09-2014, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                      War Hero
                      • May 2012

Comment

• Houston
                        Back home
                        • Oct 2008

Tax churches for a week, and science programs will have more money than they knew what to do with.

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Rylo
                          In Religions eyes Science can't co exist. Look at the section of the own show for example of dude being cast out for his views that did not coincide with the religious views. Then turn the clock to today and just take a look at what we have. Retarded ass religitards who won't steer anywhere from the Bible/Quran because JEEZUS CHRIST/DA PROPHET and DA BIBLEZ etc etc etc. I've never met someone who was highly religious and believed in the wide scope of Science and the Astrological schematics that have been researched and continue to be discovered. It just does not work in todays world or in the past and for our society to function even further, and even so, at a more fast paced degree of discovery and research, religion needs to be abolished. That's just one insignificant Atheists viewpoint, though.

Whether you&#8217;ve been turned off by religion in the past or have a question about one of the world&#8217;s religions, check out what Patheos has to offer.

baahhahahahahahaha

There are many many many many religious scientists. The premise that scientist = atheist is a myth and has been propagated by atheists to back there point of view.

Hopefully this DVRd last night ,cant wait to watch.
                          Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• Rylo
                            Corpse Disgracer
                            • Oct 2008

Im well aware their are religious scientists, I clearly said I have never MET anyone who integrates both into their own beliefs. The amount of intelligent or at the very least OPEN MINDED religious is laughable compared to the close minded tards of every religion.

Comment

• Houston
                              Back home
                              • Oct 2008

This episode is on evolution, can't wait to see the reaction it gets

Comment

Working...