gx
    • Feb 2009

Trailer has me hyped. 8 more months!

Comment

• Swarley
      A Special Kind of Cat
      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by j.hen
      If I had to guess I'd say that the person Luke is talking to about having the force abilities I'd say it was Boyega's character. Because that would be badass, let's just have him be the main Jedi character for this trilogy and call it good.
      See I don't think it's him. I think it's a Solo/Skywalker child since he's talking about his family.

EDIT: Not that I wouldn't LOVE to see Boyega as a Jedi.
      Last edited by Swarley; 04-16-2015, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• Swarley
        A Special Kind of Cat
        • Jul 2010

A couple of interesting things I picked out of the new trailer...

That lightsaber that Leia (presumably) is handed is definitely Anakin and Luke's that Luke lost on Cloud City. So who went back for it and why/how did they retrieve it?

In a shot of Kylo Ren, he looks to be doing a Force-like hand gesture. Which I find very interesting b/c previous rumors had suggested that he was not a Force-user, he was just a Sith relic collector.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
          • Sep 2024

I'm glad you guys are excited for it, I have not been able to get into it since they decided that the entire EU was going to be written off as primary canon. Maybe as we get closer I will get into it more, but I'm not sold on it yet.

Comment

• MrBill
            Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
            I'm glad you guys are excited for it, I have not been able to get into it since they decided that the entire EU was going to be written off as primary canon. Maybe as we get closer I will get into it more, but I'm not sold on it yet.
            I'm not in love with everything about it but I love Star Wars more than NFL football and its the only new Star Wars movie coming out.

Comment

• Swarley
              A Special Kind of Cat
              • Jul 2010

Well this is certainly unexpected... They just showed a very brief teaser for Star Wars: Rogue One at Celebration.

Comment

• Swarley
                A Special Kind of Cat
                • Jul 2010

Comment

• Houston
                  Back home
                  • Oct 2008

Rogue One was better.

Comment

• jeffx
                    • Jun 2009

I am SO disappointed with Star Wars right now, particularly TLJ. TFA wasn't that much better. Rogue One actually felt like a Star Wars movie.

Comment

• Houston
                      Back home
                      • Oct 2008

What I liked about Rogue One is that it DIDN'T feel like Star Wars. For the most part they left out any jokes and there was nothing on screen that was put there to look cute or be appealing to kids. They even left the adventure feel at home. It was basically a relatively mature war film.

Comment

• ram29jackson
                        Noob
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Houston
                        What I liked about Rogue One is that it DIDN'T feel like Star Wars. For the most part they left out any jokes and there was nothing on screen that was put there to look cute or be appealing to kids. They even left the adventure feel at home. It was basically a relatively mature war film.
                        actually, I think there was lenty of Star Wars in it.. but yes, the ending wasnt so Disney.More real.
                        first 3- classics cheese
                        middle three- gag on a stick horrible,plastic.
                        Rogue- cool.

the last 3- better than the middle 3, more like the 70s movies. But the villain ? more like a whiny jewish kid then a evil heavy lol

Comment

• BazookaJoe5
                          Formerly ravensownall17
                          • Feb 2009

I too liked Rogue One. Thought it was the best of the new ones. Also liked TFA and thought TLJ was ok. I did not like Solo - almost put me to sleep.

Comment

• Houston
                            Back home
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ram29jackson
                            actually, I think there was lenty of Star Wars in it.. but yes, the ending wasnt so Disney.More real.
                            first 3- classics cheese
                            middle three- gag on a stick horrible,plastic.
                            Rogue- cool.

the last 3- better than the middle 3, more like the 70s movies. But the villain ? more like a whiny jewish kid then a evil heavy lol
                            They really dropped the ball with the antagonists in these movies.
                            Kylo Ren was beat by Rey the very first time they fought, so he's not exactly a menacing figure compared to her. And as you alluded to, he's too moody to take seriously.
                            Then you have the redhead commander guy who they made a complete joke out of in The Last Jedi. He's not imposing either.
                            And with the old Sith guy now dead, there's really no reason for the resistance or audience to fear anything.

Comment

• ram29jackson
                              Noob
                              • Nov 2008

With the old syth guy now dead .lol.
                              Yeah,..it's like..ok, now what?
                              But im.pissed they killed Luke, as far as my entertainment value was upset by that lol.

Comment

• DoubleDeuce
                                Spellin' n' shit
                                • Feb 2009

I haven't seen Solo or the other new one yet, but as far as the rest I would rank them like this:

1. Empire Strikes Back
                                2. A New Hope
                                3. Rogue One
                                4. Force Awakens
                                5. Revenge of the Sith (might be controversial ranking it this high but it was the first one I saw live in theater)
                                6. Return of the Jedi
                                7. Phantom Menace
                                8. Attack of the Clones (in my experience most people say this is better than Phantom Menace but I think it sucks in every way, whereas Phantom Menace at least has Liam Neeson and Darth Maul)

Comment

Working...