X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yawkey Way
    Free World Leader
    • Oct 2008

Barry Bonds | Hall of Fame Yes or No

With Bonds going back to trial soon, and reports surfacing that Bonds has been linked to positive steroid tests, his future is in jeopardy. So i pose the question, do you still think he should be in the Hall of Fame

I personally do still think he should be in the hall of fame, because he was once a great base runner and fielder before his knee's gave out. I do not think he should go into the record books as the home run king without some sort of asterisk, but you still need to possess a great amount of hand eye coordination to be such a great hitter like he was.

Yes he should be a hall of famer.
  • Yawkey Way
    Free World Leader
    • Oct 2008

If he is proven guilty, i will sway my opinion. But i guess it would be innocence until proven guilty. I actually think Pete Rose should be in the hall of fame, but thats for another thread.

Comment

• G-men
      Posts too much
      • Nov 2011

if you look strictly at baseball then definitely. however, like most, if you look at the big picture, then its very questionable. looking at the big picture i have to say no.

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
        Redsox
        • Oct 2008

No he shouldnt. Niether should Clemens or Mcgwire.

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
          Redsox
          • Oct 2008

I personally think that they should wipe out all of the records that Bonds and Clemens broke.

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
            Redsox
            • Oct 2008

As long as Clemens has his name associated with steroids they will not vote him in, Same goes for Mcgwire.

Comment

• MvP
              a member of vsn
              • Oct 2008

Yes.

i'll explain later btw..my thoughts on this are somewhat different from the norm
              Last edited by MvP; 02-07-2009, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• Point Blank
                Needs a hobby
                • Oct 2008

Nope.

Comment

• Vinsane
                  • Nov 2008

The guy hasn't been proven guilty of anything, and a lot of the "steroids" he used were not illegal at the time of those doping tests. The guy has to be proven guilty of cheating to be kept out of the hall of fame, right now he's in.
                  25-02, 23:16 Yawkey Way celtics fucking suck

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
                    Redsox
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Vinsane
                    The guy hasn't been proven guilty of anything, and a lot of the "steroids" he used were not illegal at the time of those doping tests. The guy has to be proven guilty of cheating to be kept out of the hall of fame, right now he's in.
                    His urine tested positive for steroids. Thats all the evidence the voters need.

Comment

• Yawkey Way
                      Free World Leader
                      • Oct 2008

steroids that like he has said before he did not knowingly take

Comment

• IamMedellin
                        Everything Burns...
                        • Nov 2008

fuk him

no

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
                          Redsox
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Yawkey Way
                          steroids that like he has said before he did not knowingly take
                          everyone says that. You really expect me to believe that

Comment

• stevsta
                            ¿Que?
                            • Oct 2008

i say yes even with the steroids usually you start disintegrating after a couple of years from what i have heard and also steroids cant help you with putting the bat on the ball barry bonds avg speaks for itself and so do his younger years when he could steal and hit the homerun
                            RIP

Comment

• PNovak
                              No longer a noob
                              • Dec 2008

As far as Bond's goes. They should find his earliest positive test for ANY banned substance, then ERASE all stats he posted from that point forward. I would assume he was taking steroids during his 73 home run season. If not years before that. If he still put up the numbers to warrant getting in the HOF then yes, put him in. If not, sorry Barry but MLB needs to make an example out of someone.

Also, about Clemens. There is no doubt in my mind he did steroids. Back when he decided to skip spring training and the first few months of the season. He was at home pumping himself up and working out like crazy. Once he knew the steroids wouldn't show on a test he signed a new contract and got out on the field.

It's sad to see some of these guys result to steroids. McGwire, Bonds, Sosa (presumably). In the 90's the best hitter and all around baseball player, Ken Griffey Jr. did it all without any steroid use whatsoever. It's too bad he had all of those injuries towards the end of his career. He would have been the ideal new Home Run King for baseball.
                              I LOVE VSN

Comment

Working...