• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Cards at Reds, Biggest Series For Reds Since 1999

I'm pumped.

3 game set, Mon-Wed, Reds up 2 games coming in. Cards need to sweep to leave Cincy in 1st place, Reds can really put the heat on the Cards and go up 5 games with a sweep of their own.

Mike Leake (7-3, 3.86) vs. Chris Carpenter (12-3, 2.91)
    Johnny Cueto (11-2, 3.24) vs. Jamie Garcia (9-5, 2.53)
    Bronson Arroyo (12-6, 3.83) vs. Adam Wainwright (16-6, 2.07)

I think the Cards will win tonight, because Leake has struggled a bit ever since Dusty has fucked with his days between starts. I hate babying these young pitchers, all it does is screw them up (see: Chamberlain, Joba).

Somebody will take 2 of 3, I don't see a sweep. This division is going down to the wire.
  • Woy
    RIP West
    • Dec 2008

Very excited for this series. I knew that with the club Cincy put together in the off-season, this race was going to be tight from day one.

I agree with W2B...someone's taking 2 of 3 here, not a sweep.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Goober
      Needs a hobby
      • Feb 2009

Fuck the Cardinals. I'm tired of their high and mighty bull shit.

Hopefully the Reds can win the NL Central.

Comment

• Chrispy
        Needs a hobby
        • Dec 2008

This should be a good series, also the Twins vs. White Sox should also be a good series, battle for first in the AL Central division

Comment

• Cody
          GOAAAAL
          • Jul 2010

Come on reds pull out a victory

Comment

• Rudi
            #CyCueto
            • Nov 2008

I'm fucking pumped for this series. I may end up going to the game on Wednesday. Either way lessss gooooo

Comment

• Goober
              Needs a hobby
              • Feb 2009

Brewers and Reds swap outfielders. Chris Dickerson for Jim Edmonds. Discuss.
              The Reds acquired Jim Edmonds from the Brewers for outfielder Chris Dickerson, according to the team.  Reds GM Walt Jocketty …

Comment

• Rudi
                #CyCueto
                • Nov 2008

Edmonds has been a perennial Reds killer, so why not get him. Another veteran with post-season experience. Fuck yeah. Great move

Comment

• zack54attack
                  Posts a lot
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                  I'm pumped.

3 game set, Mon-Wed, Reds up 2 games coming in. Cards need to sweep to leave Cincy in 1st place, Reds can really put the heat on the Cards and go up 5 games with a sweep of their own.

Mike Leake (7-3, 3.86) vs. Chris Carpenter (12-3, 2.91)
                  Johnny Cueto (11-2, 3.24) vs. Jamie Garcia (9-5, 2.53)
                  Bronson Arroyo (12-6, 3.83) vs. Adam Wainwright (16-6, 2.07)

I think the Cards will win tonight, because Leake has struggled a bit ever since Dusty has fucked with his days between starts. I hate babying these young pitchers, all it does is screw them up (see: Chamberlain, Joba).

Somebody will take 2 of 3, I don't see a sweep. This division is going down to the wire.

lol @ Dusty Baker fucking up Pitchers. Where have I heard that one before..

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

In this case, he's underusing Leake. I've never believed in pitch counts or inning totals.

Anyway, good move picking up Edmonds, only question is who goes, Stubbs or Heisey?

Comment

• Cody
                      GOAAAAL
                      • Jul 2010

Love the move. More exp to help for a playoff run.

Comment

• MvP
                        a member of vsn
                        • Oct 2008

Predictions:

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD

Mike Leake (7-3, 3.86) vs. Chris Carpenter (12-3, 2.91) This one can really go either way.

Johnny Cueto (11-2, 3.24) vs. Jamie Garcia (9-5, 2.53) Cueto has been dirt nasty as of late. If the Reds win any games this series, it will probably be this one.

Bronson Arroyo (12-6, 3.83) vs. Adam Wainwright (16-6, 2.07) Never know what to expect out of Arroyo, Wainwright will do his thing and get the W most likely.
                        If they put these games on MLB Network/ESPN I'll be watching for sure.

Comment

• Goober
                          Needs a hobby
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MvP
                          Predictions:

If they put these games on MLB Network/ESPN I'll be watching for sure.
                          The game is on ESPN tonight, that's it.

Comment

• Archer
                            Go the fuck outside
                            • Oct 2008

I'm thinking the Cards will win 2 out of 3 with those matchups

Leake has struggled lately and Carpenter is usually very reliable.

Garcia like Leake seems to be struggling a bit more now and I could easily see Cueto out-pitching him in that one.

Wainwright has been a little worse on the road than at home but I'd trust him to pull out the win in that one

One interesting thing will probably be the Cards shaky late inning bullpen v the Reds who seem to make a comeback every other night.

Comment

• nflman2033
                              George Brett of VSN
                              • Apr 2009

Very excited, going down tomorrow night for the Cueto vs Garcia matchup.

All the Reds gotta do is win one, hope for 2, sweep is probably out of the question.

not liking the chances tonight with Leake vs Carpenter, but who knows.

Comment

Working...