Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rudi
    #CyCueto
    • Nov 2008

Man I am extremely disappointed with the Reds play this series. Its frustrating watching them when they're playing like this. This is what they have been like the previous 5 years. Awful.

Comment

• strahanfan92
      Meat
      • Aug 2009

Nahste, I almost just groaned you. As a baseball player using your feet as a weapon (such as kicking), is totally fucked up. It's bad taste and extremely unnecessary at any level.

And we are the better team, I want to thank the Reds for lighting the fire up the Cards butts because it's over now, good luck getting that wild card.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Division lead has changed hands 18 times. Crazy.

Disappointing series obviously, but the reality is its only a one game lead. Reds also have only 15 games left against teams with winning records, and some of that is vs Cards.

I think both teams are getting in anyway, with the easy schedules.

Comment

• mcstl25
          M-Castle
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BobSmuggins
          Um yeah, they only showed it 40 times on ESPN and MLB Network. And why the fuck would I watch a Cardinals-Reds game when there's a Braves game on at the same time?

But yeah, I saw how it happened. Phillips walked into the batters box, harmlessly tapped the opposing catcher's shin guards like he does before EVERY GAME, and then Molina disrupted the action by getting out of his stance and jawing at B-Phil.

From there, it escalated. But essentially, it was because LaRussa and the Cards to what Phillips said to the press. My question is, why do they fucking care if he doesn't like them? He's not supposed to like them and they aren't supposed to like him. Buncha fucking babies if they're gonna get all out of sorts about a harmless shin tap.

Reportedly, all Yadi said to Phillips was something along the lines of "Don't say those things about my team then try to play nice on the field" (in broken English I'm sure). Great, Phillips hates the Cardinals, nobody cares. But if he really hates the Cardinals, then why is he giving a friendly "harmless shin tap" before his AB? Either you hate the Cardinals or you don't. Phillips needs to make up his mind.

Originally posted by BobSmuggins
          I don't know about that one. Cincy has a pretty solid team this year, and this Cardinals bunch isn't exactly a juggernaut, especially when you consider Votto is producing as well or better than Pujols this year, and how deep the Cincy staff/pen/farm is.

Cards probably will win it, but to think it will be easy is a slap in the face of logic and is discounting the last 4 months of baseball.
          I'm just talking shit. I know that Cincy is a good team. At the same time, it's hard to believe after this series that they have what it takes to win big games down the stretch. What a choke job.

Originally posted by strahanfan92
          Nahste, I almost just groaned you. As a baseball player using your feet as a weapon (such as kicking), is totally fucked up. Completely unnecessary.

And we are the better team, I want to thank the Reds for lighting the fire up the Cards butts because it's over now, good luck getting that wild card.
          I can understand people calling the Cardinals whiny bitches. I can understand people's hate for LaRussa, Carpenter, Yadi, etc. What I do not understand is how any sane person can justify Cueto's actions. Larue had to get stitches on his upper lip and has abrasions on his back. Carpenter also has abrasions all over his back. Never seen anything like that in a baseball game. A big suspension is coming for Cueto. Bet that.

Comment

• mcstl25
            M-Castle
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
            Division lead has changed hands 18 times. Crazy.

Disappointing series obviously, but the reality is its only a one game lead. Reds also have only 15 games left against teams with winning records, and some of that is vs Cards.

I think both teams are getting in anyway, with the easy schedules.
            I would absolutely love to see a Cards/Reds NLCS.

Comment

• nflman2033
              George Brett of VSN
              • Apr 2009

was at last nights game can now say i was at a fight once when a baseball game broke out.

Well this will likely be the turning point of the season for the reds, i guess one way or the other, but more than likely I am expecting them to be about 5 games out of 1st when they return from the West Coast Trip.

totally embarassing, with the way he has played in this series if Cincy fans had any sense they would be booing Phillips instead of Molina.. (yes I know I was one of those cheering Phillips and booing Molina last night) but that was before the Reds got a full asswhipping last night and again today.

Bring on Football season.

Comment

• Rudi
                #CyCueto
                • Nov 2008

yeah the reds would just get swept. this team isnt ready. I don't get how you can come out SO flat in the biggest series of the year in front of sell out crowds. Fans in Cincy finally started believing in this team, but after this sweep I expect the crowds to diminish. pathetic honestly.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by strahanfan92
                  Nahste, I almost just groaned you. As a baseball player using your feet as a weapon (such as kicking), is totally fucked up. It's bad taste and extremely unnecessary at any level.

ITS OVER

Jeez you have a whopping one game lead, relax with the cork popping.

Also funny how only the Cardinals fans are siding w/stl in the brawl. All the nuetral fans have sided with the Reds. That's all you need to know. Cards are douches, that's well established. Lol@larussa crying to Jocketty, are you f'n kidding me?

As far as who has the better team, bias aside, ill take the reds roster. Cardinals are a two man lineup, surrounded by slap hitting scrubs, but those two are very good obviously. The Reds lineup is deeper. Cards have top heavy pitching, but Reds have a much deeper staff and 5 young starters who are all good and under 25. Reds have a better bullpen. Cards 2 or 3 best players are better than Reds, but Reds are deeper & younger.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

What's embarrassing, is Reds fans tossing in the towel. Its a one game lead.

Comment

• Rudi
                      #CyCueto
                      • Nov 2008

Warner I'm the biggest Reds fan you will find, but I gotta say Cardinals pitching >> Reds pitching. Carpenter + Wainright beat any 2 guys we could throw out there.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Rudi
                        Warner I'm the biggest Reds fan you will find, but I gotta say Cardinals pitching >> Reds pitching. Carpenter + Wainright beat any 2 guys we could throw out there.
                        That's exactly what I said, Cards are more top heavy. But Reds are definately deeper.

Comment

• Rudi
                          #CyCueto
                          • Nov 2008

Eh I dunno. All our talent is young arms that have absolutely no experience. Leake, Wood, Cueto...none of those guys have pitched big time yet. And this series is about as big as they get right now, and they didn't perform. Even our pen has looked a little shaky.

Comment

• Goober
                            Needs a hobby
                            • Feb 2009

Cueto's actions seem justifiable to me. He was the starting pitcher in last night's game. MLB has seen enough freak injuries this year for him to know that having both teams collapsing on him isn't a good thing.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Rudi
                              Eh I dunno. All our talent is young arms that have absolutely no experience. Leake, Wood, Cueto...none of those guys have pitched big time yet. And this series is about as big as they get right now, and they didn't perform. Even our pen has looked a little shaky.
                              would you trade roster for roster, 25 for 25, or 40 for 40, right now? I definately wouldn't.

Comment

• mcstl25
                                M-Castle
                                • Feb 2009

My 10 second Cards/Reds comparison: Reds have a deeper pitching staff, which will help them more in the regular season. However, come playoff time it's all about the top three in the rotation. As for the lineup, top-to-bottom, the Reds are probably better, but the Cardinals are still very solid 1-6. Skip and Ryan have been hitting better at the bottom lately as well for the Cardinals. I don't know much about the Reds bullpen, but the Cardinals have been surprisingly solid this year - Franklin worries me though. Cardinals have a huge edge with experience. Having Rolen and Edmonds will help the Reds in this area though (it's very strange for me to see Rolen and Edmonds hit back-to-back in the Reds lineup).

All smack talk aside, I'm pumped about this new rivalry and actually kind of hope the Reds don't meltdown. Would love to see this back-and-forth continue through September with both teams getting into the post season.

Comment

Working...