Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PP
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by JTW
    What's with the Braves telling people they've signed someone, only for them to sign with another team.

First Furcal, and now Griffey.

It's quite hilarious actually.
    Nobody wants to play for Hotlanta anymore.

Comment

• Youk
      Posts too much
      • Feb 2009

Jeez, Atlanta keeps getting screwed again.

And the Mets will still lose to them in Atlanta.

Comment

• Prodigal Son
        The Greatest
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by codizzle42
        I'm so glad that Griffey did this. Even if he is only a shell of his former self, it is great news. I think he will still have a pretty decent year in Seattle, and who knows playing the DH may benefit him a lot.

I read somewhere that everyone on the WBC team(can't remember who) said that Griff was their best hitter. I don't think his swing has declined all that much from 2 years ago when he hit 30.
        It's not his swing that was his problem. It was him literally not taking care of his body.

Hell, the past two years he was starting to fatten up.

Comment

• PNovak
          No longer a noob
          • Dec 2008

Well when you have a bum knee I don't think you can do much to stay lean. Injuries not only slow you down but most of the time they add some weight. With him DH'ing I think we can realistically see 30 Bombs from that sweet swing! Don't forget that Safeco was built to fit his swing. A short right field porch to hit shots off the Hit It Here Cafe!
          I LOVE VSN

Comment

• Lanteri
            No longer a noob
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by PNovak
            Well when you have a bum knee I don't think you can do much to stay lean. Injuries not only slow you down but most of the time they add some weight. With him DH'ing I think we can realistically see 30 Bombs from that sweet swing! Don't forget that Safeco was built to fit his swing. A short right field porch to hit shots off the Hit It Here Cafe!
            Has he agreed to be the DH though?

I could have sworn last year when he got traded to Chicago he would only agree to play if he would be guaranteed to stay in the field. It's always been my understanding that he wants to keep playing the field.

Most of the depth charts I've seen, granted they are early, have him penciled in at LF for now.
            Last edited by Lanteri; 02-20-2009, 05:16 AM.

Comment

• PNovak
              No longer a noob
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Lanteri87
              Has he agreed to be the DH though?

I could have sworn last year when he got traded to Chicago he would only agree to play if he would be guaranteed to stay in the field. It's always been my understanding that he wants to keep playing the field.

Most of the depth charts I've seen, granted they are early, have him penciled in at LF for now.
              From all the reports that I have read it was pretty much told to him that he would be the DH for the M's with an occasional start in the outfield. He can't be much worst in the outfield than last years LF Ibanez was so if he does want to play some outfield I'm sure he will. Just guessing, I think he will play in about 135 games. 100 as DH, the other 35 as an outfielder, if that many.
              I LOVE VSN

Comment

• PNovak
                No longer a noob
                • Dec 2008

Another great Video/Story from ESPN on Junior in Seattle. Just search for it if it isn't on the first page.

<object width="440" height="361"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3925333"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><embed src="http://espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3925333" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="440" height="361" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>
                I LOVE VSN

Comment

• Primetime
                  Thank You Prince
                  • Nov 2008

Braves are just getting unlucky this offseason. First the Furcal incident and now Griffey. Personally, I'd love to play for Bobby Cox.

Comment

• PNovak
                    No longer a noob
                    • Dec 2008

Braves are getting screwed but it seems like the fact that the story of Junior signing with the Braves may have swayed him. Whoever leaked it is partially to blame. But ya gotta admit. Griffey in Seattle is the right move to finish his great career.
                    I LOVE VSN

Comment

Working...