The Trade Deadline Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sharkweather
    • Jul 2009

Watching the game just for shits and giggles on mlb.tv, very odd indeed.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

He's walking the ballpark and can't get anybody out, they should just take him out anyway.

Ironic Ludwick doubled home two runs off him, they will be teammates in a few hours.

Comment

• Rudi
        #CyCueto
        • Nov 2008

Man fuck Cleveland.

Comment

• Sharkweather
          • Jul 2009

And he's done. Off to Cleveland.

Comment

• Obst
            RIP West
            • Oct 2008

Lars Anderson AND PTBNL from RedSox to Athletics for Harden.

Furcal waiving his NTC to go to the Cardinals

Comment

• Obst
              RIP West
              • Oct 2008

The Pirates are "getting very close" to acquiring Derek Lee, according to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun. A deal is "very likely," Connolly reports. The Orioles are likely to send cash to Pittsburgh and obtain a Class A player.

Comment

• BroncoBlue
                No Chubbies.
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Sharkweather
                And he's done. Off to Cleveland.
                Nothing official yet. I'm sure he's gone, but apparently we don't know exactly what the Rox are getting. I'm watching the Rox vs Padres game right know and the announcers won't give any names on who's coming to Denver. Apparently the names have changed.

Comment

• SethMode
                  Master of Mysticism
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MVPete1982
                  Fucking fantastic.

Comment

• BroncoBlue
                    No Chubbies.
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Obst
                    Lars Anderson AND PTBNL from RedSox to Athletics for Harden.

Furcal waiving his NTC to go to the Cardinals
                    Makes se=ence about Harden to BOS. From what I hear on Denver sports radio, The Red Sox came in at the last moment and and tried to get Ubaldo. That's why Ubaldo started the game, the Rox had both BOS and CLE on the phone.

So, I guess BOS drove up the price on Ubaldo, lost out to CLE and had to settle with Harden.

Comment

• Obst
                      RIP West
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BroncoBlue
                      Nothing official yet. I'm sure he's gone, but apparently we don't know exactly what the Rox are getting. I'm watching the Rox vs Padres game right know and the announcers won't give any names on who's coming to Denver. Apparently the names have changed.
                      Drew Pomeranz, Alex White, Matt McBride and Joe Gardner for Ubaldo

Comment

• Goober
                        Needs a hobby
                        • Feb 2009

I wouldn't touch Ubaldo with a ten foot stick. Rockies were supposed to be world series contenders this year, but they had a few injuries and some bad luck. They aren't winning this year, but they should have the same roster next year. But instead they're trying to trade Ubaldo? And they won't do a physical? Fuck that shit.

Comment

• BroncoBlue
                          No Chubbies.
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Goblinslayer
                          I wouldn't touch Ubaldo with a ten foot stick. Rockies were supposed to be world series contenders this year, but they had a few injuries and some bad luck. They aren't winning this year, but they should have the same roster next year. But instead they're trying to trade Ubaldo? And they won't do a physical? Fuck that shit.
                          Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                          Because he's damaged goods who had a career year.

That's why they are dealing him to begin with, I was weary of this guy from the start. They seem to eager to deal a guy with such a reasonable contract.
                          Drew Pomeranz, Alex White, Matt McBride and Joe Gardner for Ubaldo
                          Its all pending a physical. I'm sure he passes but I like we got an extra player to make it four instead of three. I think W2B and Goblin are on something to there too. Ubaldo had like a couple years left on his contract and after the CarGo and Tulo signings it was obvious we weren't going to be able to resign him. Rox might as well start rebuilding thier Rotation seeing as how good ATL, SF and PHI are... It's not like we will be a REAL playoff contender in the next couple years. Those teams are too good.

Wow, sad sad times for the sport fans in the Mile High city, now a days...

Comment

• Obst
                            RIP West
                            • Oct 2008

The Pirates are "getting very close" to acquiring Derek Lee, according to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun. A deal is "very likely," Connolly reports. The Orioles are likely to send cash to Pittsburgh and obtain a Class A player.
                            Derrrek Lee and cash for Aaron Baker http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=baker-001aar

Comment

• EmpireWF
                              Giants in the Super Bowl
                              • Mar 2009

Pomeranz is the PTBNL b/c he signed his contract last August so it can't be announced until 8/15.

Indians gave up a TON to get Ubaldo. Rockie fans should be dancing for joy.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                                Probably owns the site
                                • Feb 2009

Holy shit, Pomeranz was included? Huge get for the Rockies.

Comment

Working...