• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SethMode
    Master of Mysticism
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Goobyslayer
    :wildthing:
    So we were excited about it when it happened, and Ed Wade has a history of giving too much up for too little to the Phillies. You win! It's a shame no one has offered you a GM job, people here wouldn't have to listen to you being a disagreeable cunt as often as we do.

Until either prospect does anything, I still think the Phillies won at the time, because the trade was made in an effort to win a WS that year. Sucks that they didn't, but they went for it.

Comment

• Goober
      Needs a hobby
      • Feb 2009

So Pence's trade value didn't go down much at all over the last year, right guys?

Comment

• Yawkey Way
        Free World Leader
        • Oct 2008

I just saw those Erik Bedard 2nd half projections, then went back and looked at Erik Bedards real numbers.

Fuck your projections.

Comment

• Chrispy
          Needs a hobby
          • Dec 2008

Ken_Rosenthal
          Official: Sanchez deal to #Pirates is done.

Comment

• NAHSTE
            Probably owns the site
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Rudi
            If the Reds got Ubaldo that would be huge. He is the top of the line Ace pitcher we need. I just don't wanna give up Leake for him. I could deal with Wood or Homer, preferably Wood tho.
            Some gems in this thread.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

For the record, I was against trading for Ubaldo unless it was centered around Travis Wood.

Kind of creepy that I suggested nearly an identical package for James Shields that the Reds ultimately ended up trading for Latos.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Highwayman
                • Feb 2009

I love to go back and read the potentially retarded shit I've said over the years...but I wasn't so bad in this thread.

-We never got to see how Yonder would hold up in the OF at the major league level.
                -Eventually, the Phillies did trade Singleton for Hunter Pence and it still holds up as a good deal for Houston. WIN.
                -Ian Desmond actually did turn out ok. WIN.
                -I'd still trade Mesoraco and Heisey for Ubaldo. And, as I said, most of the players, even the A-prospects traded would be bums. Ubaldo was traded for Drew Pomeranz (an A-prospect at the time) and bums...the net results...bums. WIN.
                -The Mets needed to trade anyone with a pulse, including Reyes...despite Empire's best efforts to convince me they were only 5 games out...they failed to make the playoffs, got nothing for Reyes and still suck. WIN.

Not bad.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE
                  Some gems in this thread.

I dunno, my man...you saying Ian Desmond is worse than Jason Bartlett, Ryan Theriot, and Yuni Betancourt in this thread was purty good. Are any of those guys on a major league roster?

Comment

• EmpireWF
                    Giants in the Super Bowl
                    • Mar 2009

lol larry, Alderson must've been listening...with the exception of Wright, he did scrap the whole team.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                      lol larry, Alderson must've been listening...with the exception of Wright, he did scrap the whole team.
                      But didn't get anything for some players.

K-Rod, Reyes, Bay...I would have taken a NY-Penn League veteran and called it a win. Still got Santana's ridiculous contract and won't get anything for him.

It was silly for them not to trade Reyes. You could have yielded, at minimum, a B-prospect or two just for the rental (fuck, maybe one of them would have been starting in the OF by now). Everyone should have know that he was going to priced out of the Mets range once he hit the open market. Why they held on to him I'll never know and will simply blame incompetence.

Kudos though for turning Beltran into Wheeler. I think that ended up being a win for both teams. Mets got a potential stud SP and Beltran has been pretty good since...even though he was just a rental.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        -We never got to see how Yonder would hold up in the OF at the major league level.

-I'd still trade Mesoraco and Heisey for Ubaldo. And, as I said, most of the players, even the A-prospects traded would be bums. Ubaldo was traded for Drew Pomeranz (an A-prospect at the time) and bums...the net results...bums. WIN.
                        Alonso flopped around in LF a few times in 2011, and that was that.

Also, I wouldn't trade Heisey for Ubaldo straight up, let alone with Mesoraco. Ubaldo has a 5.00 ERA since going to Cleveland, an adjusted ERA in the 70's, and walked almost 5.0 per 9 last season. He's fucking terrible. I'd rather have Travis Wood right now, too. And Wood has never gotten better since this thread.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Highwayman
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                          Alonso flopped around in LF a few times in 2011, and that was that.

Also, I wouldn't trade Heisey for Ubaldo straight up, let alone with Mesoraco. Ubaldo has a 5.00 ERA since going to Cleveland, an adjusted ERA in the 70's, and walked almost 5.0 per 9 last season. He's fucking terrible. I'd rather have Travis Wood right now, too. And Wood has never gotten better since this thread.
                          No doubt he is fucking terrible.

But Mesoraco and Heisey are nothing special. Perhaps that deal is push at best. But as I stated, it was a deal destined to be filled with bums. Perhaps Ubaldo fares better if he stays in the NL...I don't know, but no one from that deal or any proposed deal has yet to be anything more than fodder.

Comment

• Goober
                            Needs a hobby
                            • Feb 2009

Highway robbery
                            Originally posted by Goober
                            I'll give Ed Wade credit. He got a nice return. Selling high ftw.
                            yeah, I obviously meant highway robbery the other way...
                            Originally posted by Obst
                            Im fine with this, I just wanted for Dom to stay a Phillie and Ruben made that happen

Comment

Working...