X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MVPete
    Old School
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by RyanLeaf16
    Luke Scott went hitless again last night in Cleveland. That drags his streak to 0-39 right now. I can't remember seeing a guy as unlucky at the plate as Scott is right now. His OPS for the month of June was < .100
    I think the record is 0-46 so that's something to look forward to. He's having about as bad a year as Greg Vaughn did when he hit .163 lol.

He was taken out of the game and Carlos Pena the DH was put in at 1st, thus they lost their DH spot and had to play with NL rules the rest of the game. Not that big a deal since the pitcher never hit but just thought I'd share that.

I'd really like to see them move BJ Upton but I'm sure they will still be buyers more than sellers with the new wildcard spot and with their best righty and lefty coming back after the AS Break.

Fire Derek Shelton as well, the teams plate approach is all over the place and sucks.

Comment

• MVPete
      Old School
      • Mar 2008

"That Little Guy? I Wouldn't Worry About That Little Guy"

Comment

• NAHSTE
        Probably owns the site
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by RyanLeaf16
        Luke Scott went hitless again last night in Cleveland. That drags his streak to 0-39 right now. I can't remember seeing a guy as unlucky at the plate as Scott is right now. His OPS for the month of June was < .100
        Gonna need to see the birth certificate.

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
          #DoSomething
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE
          Gonna need to see the birth certificate.
          LOL...I wonder just how many people's heads that went over on this forum.
          Maddon & Friedman: Pissing off the AL East since 2008

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
            #DoSomething
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MVPete
            I think the record is 0-46 so that's something to look forward to. He's having about as bad a year as Greg Vaughn did when he hit .163 lol.

He was taken out of the game and Carlos Pena the DH was put in at 1st, thus they lost their DH spot and had to play with NL rules the rest of the game. Not that big a deal since the pitcher never hit but just thought I'd share that.

I'd really like to see them move BJ Upton but I'm sure they will still be buyers more than sellers with the new wildcard spot and with their best righty and lefty coming back after the AS Break.

Fire Derek Shelton as well, the teams plate approach is all over the place and sucks.
            God, Greg Vaughn was not only terrible, he was an a$$. People can say what they want about Jose Canseco, but, that guy (eventhough he did roids) put in work when he was with the Rays. That guy just loves baseball.

I don't know if the Rays will be making any deals. It's just not their style to deal at the deadline. Friedman is very disciplined with making deals and he won't do it unless he is comfortable with the package he gets in return. I doubt they make a big move. I wouldn't be shocked to see the typical post non-waiver deadline deal that brings in a role player. Reports this morning talk about a interest in the Padres Chris Denorfia.

Regardless of what is going on with the Rays offensive/defensive struggles and whether or not they make a trade, the rest of the AL is going to regret not burying this team when they had the chance. With as many injuries as this team has had, the fact that they are able to tread water and stay in the race is a testament to the work by the front office and the coaching staff. When Joyce and Longo get back...watch out.

A look at the possibility of Denorfia and potential offensive outburst once leaving PETCO:

Originally posted by DRaysbay.com
            Chris Denorfia will turn 32 on July 15th and has played parts of 7 major league seasons with the Cincinnati Reds, Oakland Athletics, and San Diego Padres. Acquiring him would not be a one and done acquisition nor will it cost the Rays a great deal of money since he currently is under contract for only 1.17 million in 2012 and is under team control for one more year o' arbitration (free agent following the 2013 season).

He is a right handed hitting outfielder who is capable of playing all three outfield positions and hits LHP well. In his career he has posted a slash line of .281/.346/.407 with a wRC+ of 111 and a wOBA of .331. Currently, he is having a solid season, posting a slash line of .306/.365/.443, a wRC+ of 129, and a wOBA of .352. In his career against LHP he is hitting .310/.378/.423, a wRC+ of 125, and a wOBA of .352. In 2012 against LHP he has posted a slash line of .326/.380/.424, a wRC+ of 130, and a wOBA of .353.
            Maddon & Friedman: Pissing off the AL East since 2008

Comment

• NAHSTE
              Probably owns the site
              • Feb 2009

LOL Punto

Comment

• Rudi
                #CyCueto
                • Nov 2008

#Reds have scored 1 run or less 17 times (0-17).....last year it happened 21 times ALL year.....(0-21)

Comment

• KnightNoles
                  Kdub #9
                  • Jul 2009

Cmon Giants slow down the Peerats!

Comment

• mcstl25
                    M-Castle
                    • Feb 2009

Yadi goes on bereavement list for death of his wife's grandmother. Holliday is replacing Yadi on the all star team.

Hey Dusty:

Sidenote: Not to be insensitive about the situation, but is it normal for a player to go on the bereavement list for 3+ days because of your grandmother in-law passing away? Never heard of a player leaving for that reason.

Comment

• Slateman
                      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by mcstl25
                      Yadi goes on bereavement list for death of his wife's grandmother. Holliday is replacing Yadi on the all star team.

Hey Dusty:

Sidenote: Not to be insensitive about the situation, but is it normal for a player to go on the bereavement list for 3+ days because of your grandmother in-law passing away? Never heard of a player leaving for that reason.
                      It's a relatively new option, I think. It's also used for new fathers.
                      The king was shaken. He went up to the room over the gateway and wept.
                      As he went, he said: "O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom!
                      If only I had died instead of you
                      O Absalom, my son, my son!"

Comment

• NAHSTE
                        Probably owns the site
                        • Feb 2009

Tony is seriously trolling taking Holliday.

Comment

• Rudi
                          #CyCueto
                          • Nov 2008

Drew Stubbs 0 for his last 33. Jesus christ get him out of the 2-hole Dusty. FFS send him to AAA too

Comment

• Rudi
                            #CyCueto
                            • Nov 2008

9 straight quality starts from the Reds pitching staff, which quietly has been one of the best in baseball

and Stubbs finally got a hit!

Comment

• FUSE
                              • Oct 2008

Chris Carter hits a walkoff 3 run jack in extras A's win 4-1. 5 wins in a row. 16 straight games with a hr. A's starting pitchers have gone 7 straight games with only giving up 1 run or less. Also A's are now only 3.5 back of wildcard. GO A's

Comment

• Rudi
                                #CyCueto
                                • Nov 2008

Reds now tied with the White Sox for most Complete Games thrown this year with 6.

4th best team ERA in the big leagues as well.

Comment

Working...