• Show
Clear All
  • Goober
    Needs a hobby
    • Feb 2009

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
      • Sep 2024

The Marlins appear to have set an extremely high asking price for Josh Johnson, Jon Heyman reported today. Here’s the latest on the Marlins and their NL East rivals...

The Marlins are telling teams Jose Reyes and Mark Buehrle are off-limits, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports. They feel committed to Buehrle and believe Reyes will play better now that Hanley Ramirez has been traded. The Marlins are also sure to keep Giancarlo Stanton, Heyman writes.

The Marlins are reluctant to trade Emilio Bonifacio, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports (on Twitter).

The Padres offered to trade Luke Gregerson for Daniel Murphy, but the Mets rejected the possible deal, John Harper of the New York Daily News reports. Gregerson, 28, has a 3.05 ERA with 9.5 K/9 and 2.6 BB/9 in 44 1/3 innings this year. He earns $1.55MM and will remain under team control through 2014.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...io-murphy.html

Comment

• Slateman
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by SuperKevin
        Umm no need to trade for a catcher. We get Wilson Ramos back next year. This team doesn't need offense behind the plate. They just need someone who can handle the stud pitchers.
        I think catchers handling pitchers is vastly overrated. Flores is the backup and the pitchers are fine. They're fine with Maldonado. They're fine with Solano. They're fine with Leon.

Flores defense is meh at best. He is throwing out 12% of base stealers. He's hitting .228/.267/.332

Not everyone has to be an all star, but at a certain point you gotta look at your team and be honest about what you have. Flores ain't cutting it as the starter. He's gotten poor behind the plate. While base-stealers are usually on the pitcher, Flores' inability to throw anyone out is becoming an issue. And, quite simply, he can't hit.

As a backup, he'd be fine. But as the Nats push towards the playoffs, itnwould be nice to have a catcher who can at least achieve two of those three things at the MLB average. Flores isn't.
        The king was shaken. He went up to the room over the gateway and wept.
        As he went, he said: "O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom!
        If only I had died instead of you
        O Absalom, my son, my son!"

Comment

• Goober
          Needs a hobby
          • Feb 2009

George Kottaras is for you Slateman, second highest OBP among major league catchers this year.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
            • Sep 2024

Dempster is the last big name pitcher who is looking to be moved for sure. It seems that Garza's been pulled back, and Josh Johnson and James Shields are having offers listened to but still have a high price tag. Both Felix Hernandez and Cliff Lee have entered rumor discussions but I doubt either team decides to move them.

Josh Beckett has 10-5 rights, but the Red Sox are rumored to be listening to offers for him.

I do have to LOL at the Marlins essentially giving up HanRam, and allegedly asking the Orioles for maybe both Bundy and Machado for Johnson. I wouldn't even give both for King Felix, so have fun with that.

Comment

• Primetime
              Thank You Prince
              • Nov 2008

Any word on that contract extension between Greinke and the Brewers?

Comment

• BiggaAdams
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
                Dempster is the last big name pitcher who is looking to be moved for sure. It seems that Garza's been pulled back, and Josh Johnson and James Shields are having offers listened to but still have a high price tag. Both Felix Hernandez and Cliff Lee have entered rumor discussions but I doubt either team decides to move them.

Josh Beckett has 10-5 rights, but the Red Sox are rumored to be listening to offers for him.

I do have to LOL at the Marlins essentially giving up HanRam, and allegedly asking the Orioles for maybe both Bundy and Machado for Johnson. I wouldn't even give both for King Felix, so have fun with that.
                Felix isn't going anywhere. Teams call all the time and we don't even entertain the thought. Felix loves Seattle (no idea why, we blow) and doesn't want to leave.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                  • Sep 2024

Originally posted by BiggaAdams
                  Felix isn't going anywhere. Teams call all the time and we don't even entertain the thought. Felix loves Seattle (no idea why, we blow) and doesn't want to leave.
                  Just stating the summation of rumors from yesterday, I'm pretty sure he's not going to get traded unless he gets overwhelmed in a deal.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                    • Sep 2024

The Padres have sent three officials to watch the Orioles over the last two weeks, with senior VP Omar Minaya in attendance at Camden Yards for Friday's Athletics/Orioles game at Camden Yards, according to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun. Of course, Minaya could have also been watching the visitors, given that both Oakland and Baltimore are two of the top suitors for Chase Headley.

From MLBTradeRumors
                    It seems that the Padres want at least one major-league piece back for Headley, I just wonder who that could be. I still think their asking price is going to be too high, though Headley is exactly what this team needs offensively.

Comment

• Slateman
                      • Apr 2009

Just stating the summation of rumors from yesterday, I'm pretty sure he's not going to get traded unless he gets overwhelmed in a deal.
                      Not this season anyway
                      The king was shaken. He went up to the room over the gateway and wept.
                      As he went, he said: "O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom!
                      If only I had died instead of you
                      O Absalom, my son, my son!"

Comment

• Goober
                        Needs a hobby
                        • Feb 2009

It seems that the Padres want at least one major-league piece back for Headley, I just wonder who that could be. I still think their asking price is going to be too high, though Headley is exactly what this team needs offensively.
                        Aramis Ramirez is what the Orioles need. Just give us a package centered around Jonathan Schoop, and he's all yours.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                          • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Goobyslayer
                          Aramis Ramirez is what the Orioles need. Just give us a package centered around Jonathan Schoop, and he's all yours.
                          Don't need Gooby, need help also in the field, where Headley can play both third and the outfield. We won't make up for the lack of return for :greinke:

Though I do agree with you despite the hard time I'm giving you, Melvin should do. Certain GMs are like Melvin, they are a builder and lack the ability to sustain things. Time for a change.

Comment

• Goober
                            Needs a hobby
                            • Feb 2009

Don't need Gooby, need help also in the field, where Headley can play both third and the outfield. We won't make up for the lack of return for :greinke:

Though I do agree with you despite the hard time I'm giving you, Melvin should do. Certain GMs are like Melvin, they are a builder and lack the ability to sustain things. Time for a change.
                            Don't fault me for someone else being illogical. I suggested the Brewers should do what was best for the franchise, and I believed they would because it was the logical option. Doug Melvin decided not to, stupidity runs wild.

If Aramis isn't your flavor, we have a power hitting 1B/RF in Corey Hart. Great flexibility there. Relief pitching galore! And a witty veteran starting pitcher in Randy Wolf. Pull the trigger before someone else does.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                              • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Goobyslayer
                              Don't fault me for someone else being illogical. I suggested the Brewers should do what was best for the franchise, and I believed they would because it was the logical option. Doug Melvin decided not to, stupidity runs wild.

If Aramis isn't your flavor, we have a power hitting 1B/RF in Corey Hart. Great flexibility there. Relief pitching galore! And a witty veteran starting pitcher in Randy Wolf. Pull the trigger before someone else does.
                              We need help fielding, not guys who are average out there. We've got plenty of those in Chris Davis and Mark Reynolds. Can't hide both and Corey Hart at 1B.

Comment

• Goober
                                Needs a hobby
                                • Feb 2009

Brewers close to trading the ultimate money ball catcher, George Kottaras, to Oakland.

Comment

Working...