X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Padres should trade Headley

It's pretty obvious that they stink, and his value will never be higher. Personally, I feel like he had a career year.

Plenty of desperate suitors at the moment who could all use a 3B (Angels, Dodgers, Yankees all come to mind).

Concoct some fake trades that make sense, and let's see them.
  • NAHSTE
    Probably owns the site
    • Feb 2009

The only issue is the fanbase is kind of at a tipping point with the ownership group, and Headley being retained or shipped out is kind of the litmus test for how "committed to winning" they are.

Comment

• Villain
      [REDACTED]
      • May 2011

Chris Capuano, Scott Van Slyke, and Garrett Gould/Matt Magill for Headley.

Capuano and Van Slyke are ready for the Padres now. Gould or Magill are upside starting pitching prospects. Last year, Zach Lee would've been on the table.
      [REDACTED]

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Villain
        Chris Capuano, Scott Van Slyke, and Garrett Gould/Matt Magill for Headley.

Capuano and Van Slyke are ready for the Padres now. Gould or Magill are upside starting pitching prospects. Last year, Zach Lee would've been on the table.
        I don't want Capuano. Try again, but come strong, Angels are on line two.

Comment

• Glenbino
          Jelly and Ice Cream
          • Nov 2009

Can't see the Angels getting him. It's not worth it to continually empty your system for these rentals.

The best prospect in the system is the 3B Kaleb Cowart and beyond him it's super thin.

Cowart will be up soon and will be a cheap option at 3B until he hits arbitration.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Glenbino
            Can't see the Angels getting him. It's not worth it to continually empty your system for these rentals.

The best prospect in the system is the 3B Kaleb Cowart and beyond him it's super thin.

Cowart will be up soon and will be a cheap option at 3B until he hits arbitration.
            Thanks for killing my leverage.

At least make a token offer, Dodgers are desperate man, I want to fleece them.

Comment

• Villain
              [REDACTED]
              • May 2011

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
              I don't want Capuano. Try again, but come strong, Angels are on line two.
              I refuse to bid against myself.

Dodgers are willing to cover a portion of Cap's remaining salary.
              [REDACTED]

Comment

• EmpireWF
                Giants in the Super Bowl
                • Mar 2009

Yankees:

RHP Ivan Nova
                OF Slade Heathcott
                RHP Mark Montgomery
                2B Corban Joseph

Comment

• MVPete
                  Old School
                  • Mar 2008

I refuse to bid against myself.

Dodgers are willing to cover a portion of Cap's remaining salary.
                  Capuano is 34 fucking years old, how does that help them going forward?

It's going to take 2-3 of your top 10 prospects for them to even consider sending Headley to the Dodgers.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

I like that Yankees offer.

I hear mystery team has come out of left field. Chat box rumor.

Comment

• Villain
                      [REDACTED]
                      • May 2011

Originally posted by MVPete
                      Capuano is 34 fucking years old, how does that help them going forward?

It's going to take 2-3 of your top 10 prospects for them to even consider sending Headley to the Dodgers.
                      Last year, Dodgers would've been okay with sending Zach Lee, but now there's one year removed. Garret Gould and Matt Magill are among the top pitching prospects and Scott Van Slyke is hitting over .500 with 6 home runs in AAA right now. Van Slyke was Dodgers Minor League Player of the Year two season ago and he's ready now.

Capuano isn't the centerpeice of the deal and he's really not even a concern for the Padres - expiring contract which the Dodgers are will the cover.

Let's all remind ourselves of what Van Slyke, a power hitting righty who can play OF and corner infield (mostly 1B) therefore a good match with Yonder Alonso, does with the green light on 3-0:

[REDACTED]

Comment

• MVPete
                        Old School
                        • Mar 2008

Last year, Dodgers would've been okay with sending Zach Lee, but now there's one year removed. Garret Gould and Matt Magill are among the top pitching prospects and Scott Van Slyke is hitting over .500 with 6 home runs in AAA right now. Van Slyke was Dodgers Minor League Player of the Year two season ago and he's ready now.

Capuano isn't the centerpeice of the deal and he's really not even a concern for the Padres - expiring contract which the Dodgers are will the cover.

Let's all remind ourselves of what Van Slyke (a power hitting righty who can play OF and Corner infield - therefore a good match with Yonder Alonso) does with the green light on 3-0:

They can find OFers a hell of a lot easier than a 3rd baseman the caliber of Headley. If you want the Padres to go through their "Death Wish" by sending their best player to their biggest rival then it's going to take a fuck ton.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                          Probably owns the site
                          • Feb 2009

Van Slyke is 26 years old and can only play LF and 1B. I'm gonna assume you are trolling.

Comment

• Villain
                            [REDACTED]
                            • May 2011

I see the Dodgers have encountered competition from the Yankees.

Capuano, Van Slyke, Stephen Fife, and one of Magill/Gould.
                            [REDACTED]

Comment

• Villain
                              [REDACTED]
                              • May 2011

Important to note that Headley's value is at an all-time high. He's only had one good season and he's coming off an injury. I contend that he's being overpriced given one good year and the shortage of available third baseman.

Ned Colletti offers Headly a David Wright -esque contract in Winter '15
                              [REDACTED]

Comment

Working...