Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DDRGuido
    gx
    • Feb 2009

Without looking it up I don't even know if the Indians have ever had a Cy Young winner. This is a pretty cool feeling. That month of May he had and Felix falling off after the ASB helped I'm sure.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
      • Sep 2024

Gaylord Perry won the Cy in 1972. In 2007, CC Sabathia took home the award, and following him up was Cliff Lee winning the award in 2008.

Comment

• DDRGuido
        gx
        • Feb 2009

I remember those guys but admittedly didn't follow the tribe closely or baseball in general during those years.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
          • Sep 2024

Not a bad trade for the Diamondbacks, buying low on Hellickson. A league change might do him well if he can stay healthy.

The Rays have traded right-handed pitcher Jeremy Hellickson to the Diamondbacks , sources say.

Tampa Bay will received two prospects in return, outfielder Justin Williams and shortstop Andrew Velazquez, as first reported by Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times and Chris Cotillo.

Hellickson, a former Rookie of the Year and Gold Glove winner, had a rough injury-plagued last year and will be looking to get back to his form of his rookie season, 2011, when he was 13-10 with a 2.95 ERA.

Arizona has been seeking starting pitching, and this is new GM Dave Stewart's first major move.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/...rade-with-rays

Comment

• DDRGuido
            gx
            • Feb 2009

Nats gets Scherzer. Interested how he does with a team with less power then Detroit.

Comment

• Slateman
              • Apr 2009

Nats turning in to the Phillies
              The king was shaken. He went up to the room over the gateway and wept.
              As he went, he said: "O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom!
              If only I had died instead of you
              O Absalom, my son, my son!"

Comment

• DDRGuido
                gx
                • Feb 2009

holy shit tribe win. 11 wins 30 games in wtf. Gomes going down didn't help but wow bats have been shit and bauer and salazar are the only guys putting up good outings

Comment

• SuperKevin
                  War Hero
                  • Dec 2009

Originally posted by DDRGuido
                  Nats gets Scherzer. Interested how he does with a team with less power then Detroit.
                  9th most home runs in all of baseball so far this season. Lineup really lacks power.

Comment

• DDRGuido
                    gx
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SuperKevin
                    9th most home runs in all of baseball so far this season. Lineup really lacks power.
                    Where were they on that list before Harper rattled off 6 homers in 3 straight games?

Comment

• albidnis
                      GFX Crew
                      • Nov 2008

I am surprised to see how solid the Yanks have been this season even without Tanaka

Comment

• SuperKevin
                        War Hero
                        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by DDRGuido
                        Where were they on that list before Harper rattled off 6 homers in 3 straight games?
                        Still top half of the league

Comment

Working...