X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hasselbeck
    Jus' bout dat action boss
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Slateman
    As for Montreal having it's own team, they had one. It failed. Move on. Personally, I think Vegas should get a team.
    I see the addage that the Expos failed in much the same way one could say the Sonics "failed"

Attendance plummeted when it was realized the franchise was moving.. not because baseball in Montreal wasn't going to work. Same with the last few years the Sonics were around before they were jacked by OKC.

And hilarious you suggest Montreal failed then pitch Las Vegas as a city to get a team. A pro team would fail miserably in Las Vegas. Not because of gambling.. but because its a terrible sports town.
    Originally posted by ram29jackson
    I already said months ago that Seattle wasn't winning any SB

Comment

• NAHSTE
      Probably owns the site
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Senser81
      What are your issues with an offense/defense split?
      Just goes against everything the game has been for 150 years. Yes, I'm appealing to tradition. I realize that's typically a bad argument for maintaining status quo.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

I'd like to circle this back to my original point, which is that the game doesn't require fixing at this time anyway. Certainly not radical fixing like expansion or changing the basic structure of the game. MLB is setting various attendance records in the early going again this season, they have a new TV deal with FOX & FS1, teams are getting wild amounts of money from regional networks, player contracts continue to grow at a steady rate, etc.

What are we fixing? A few strikeouts? I don't see the pressing need for change. Lower the mound if the K's keep increasing. But let's give the hitters a chance to adjust first. Again, these things tend to be cyclical. I'm personally enjoying a lower run scoring environment these days over the station to station game we had for 20 years. That was fun for a while, but I like cycles.

Comment

• NAHSTE
          Probably owns the site
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
          I'd like to circle this back to my original point, which is that the game doesn't require fixing at this time anyway. Certainly not radical fixing like expansion or changing the basic structure of the game. MLB is setting various attendance records in the early going again this season, they have a new TV deal with FOX & FS1, teams are getting wild amounts of money from regional networks, player contracts continue to grow at a steady rate, etc.

What are we fixing? A few strikeouts? I don't see the pressing need for change. Lower the mound if the K's keep increasing. But let's give the hitters a chance to adjust first. Again, these things tend to be cyclical. I'm personally enjoying a lower run scoring environment these days over the station to station game we had for 20 years. That was fun for a while, but I like cycles.
          I love the run environment currently as well.

One possible way to boost scoring is contract the Braves.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE
            I love the run environment currently as well.

One possible way to boost scoring is contract the Braves.

True.

Only the Padres have scored less.

Comment

• NAHSTE
              Probably owns the site
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
              True.

Only the Padres have scored less.
              How many did the Reds score over the past weekend? Asking for a friend.

Comment

Working...