• Feb 2009

Originally posted by chazmaniandevil
        i lol'd
        wtf is your problem?

Comment

• Goober
          Needs a hobby
          • Feb 2009

Congratulations to Jason Kendell on getting hit #2000.

Comment

• chazmaniandevil
            Son of Hades
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Goblinslayer
            wtf is your problem?
            lol @ you taking that seriously

Comment

• Spidey
              • Feb 2009

Definitely sucks to lose Weeks considering how well he played thus far.

I cringe at the idea of Counsel and McGehee handling 2nd. Hopefully something can be done here.

Comment

• Goober
                Needs a hobby
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Spidey
                Definitely sucks to lose Weeks considering how well he played thus far.

I cringe at the idea of Counsel and McGehee handling 2nd. Hopefully something can be done here.
                Counsel has been pretty good for us this year, I doubt McGehee gets much playing time.

If anything, this means Gamel and Hall will be in a platoon at 3rd, while Counsell starts every day at 2nd.

Comment

• Spidey
                  • Feb 2009

Just saw that Iribarren was pulled from the AAA game tonight which I would assume means he's on his way up. Doesn't really provide us much more than a PH option.

Counsel has done well to start the year but he's well above his career averages. With playing everyday, I have a feeling things will start to head back towards his averages. Thats how these things always seem to go.

Oh well, things should be fine for the time being at least. Maybe Hall can log some time at 2B as well.

Comment

• Spidey
                    • Feb 2009

7 in a row. Longest active winning streak.

Go Brew Crew!

Comment

• Spidey
                      • Feb 2009

Wow. Here like goblin I didn't expect to see much of McGehee figuring that Counsel would take majority of the games at 2nd. McGehee is getting the nod today for the second game in a row.

Comment

• Goober
                        Needs a hobby
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Spidey
                        Wow. Here like goblin I didn't expect to see much of McGehee figuring that Counsel would take majority of the games at 2nd. McGehee is getting the nod today for the second game in a row.
                        Looks like it will be some sort of a platoon at 2B. Macha has already said he doesn't want Counsel to start every day, because he likes to use him as a pinch hitter.

After watching todays game, I am really glad that we have some games coming up in AL stadiums, because Mat Gamel needs 3+ at bats every day, for the Brewer's offense sake. He's the only reason this game was close. I can't say the same for Bill Hall.

Comment

• Goober
                          Needs a hobby
                          • Feb 2009

Fuck Bill Hall.

Comment

• Goober
                            Needs a hobby
                            • Feb 2009

In his last 9 games, Bill Hall is 2/27 with 14 strikeouts. In that time is average has dropped from .292 to .241.

Comment

• Spidey
                              • Feb 2009

Billy has been god awful at the plate. Macha said that he was giving him the series to prove himself before thinking about a platoon. Macha promised it to Hall which is why he didn't pinch hit for Hall at the end of yesterdays game despite Hall's ineptness at the plate. Macha wants to stay true to his word. This is all according to JSO.

I'm hoping that he has seen enough now. Mat Gamel needs to get some playing time after interleague play.

Also incase anyone missed it today, the Brewers traded TGJ to the Padres for Jody Gerut. Pretty good trade I guess. Gerut is an upgrade over Duffy and its nice to get anything at all for Gwynn. I don't understand this from the Pads perspective. If they wanted Gwynn they could have gotten him a while back when he went through waivers.
                              Last edited by Spidey; 05-21-2009, 11:02 PM.

Comment

• Spidey
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MVPete
                                Bill hall with the walkoff single to the wall. If anybody needed a big hit it was Hall who hasn't hit for shit the last 2 weeks. Just like the announcer said in baseball you keep getting opportunities to redeem yourself, and Hall just did that.
                                While I don't expect this to change anything, it was a huge hit in a huge situation. Kudos to Bill Hall.

Hall has been struggling for about 2 and a half years now. Every once and a while in there plays like this happen and everyone thinks he's figured it out but he hasn't. Hall is a deadly hitter against lefties and downright horrific against righties. Despite today's events, he belongs in a platoon with Gamel.

If for some reason I'm wrong and Bill Hall finally gets things turned around then all the better for us I guess.

Comment

Working...