Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goober
    Needs a hobby
    • Feb 2009

Dave Bush made a rehab start in AA yesterday, and got ruffed up. He reported more arm fatigue. Things aren't looking good for Bushy right now.

Comment

• Goober
      Needs a hobby
      • Feb 2009

The Brewers traded Vinny Rottino for Claudio Vargas. I'm not very excited to see Vargas back in a Brewer's uniform, but he came at a price next to nothing. I don't think Rottino had much of a future in Milwaukee. And it never hurts to have an extra major league arm.

Comment

• Goober
        Needs a hobby
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Ratty Ratzlaff
        Yeah, me neither. But desperate times call for desperate measures haha. I've actually seen a few people at the ballpark wearing old Vargas shirts and jerseys so I'm sure they're happy.
        So the pitching rotation is:
        Looper
        Burns/Vargas
        Villanueva/Dilliard
        Parra
        Gallardo

Awesome.

Comment

• Goober
          Needs a hobby
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Ratty Ratzlaff
          Haha you better believe it. It's better than trading all our prospects away for a rent-a-player that probably won't be able to single handedly push us into the playoffs.
          That's why I wanted Brian Bannister, he would have been in the Brewer's control until 2011.

Comment

• Spidey
            • Feb 2009

Im fine with the trade. I don't mind Vargas. Not spectacular or anything but its a little help. We essentially gave up nothing.

Personally, I'd rather have been a seller. I just don't see this team going anywhere. The season isn't a lost cause or anything yet. It's not like we are that far out. I just don't see it happening this year, mainly do to the pitching. I would have (and maybe Melvin did) shopped guys like Cameron to see if they could get anything.

Funny how things ultimately come full circle. I figured the Brewers would struggle due to pitching (much like everyone else). They got off to a hot start which made everyone forget the problem. But eventually it reared its ugly head. We'll see if things get better when Bush returns. That should help. Hell, having Suppan on the DL will probably help as well. That guy is junk. What a horrible contract and waste of money.

Anyway, I could rant about all the Brewers issues at the moment for a long time. I'll just stop there. Basically I'm alright with the trade and I am glad we didnt trade any top prospects for a rent-a-player. That would have made me furious.

Comment

• Goober
              Needs a hobby
              • Feb 2009

The Brewers were back to sucking ass last night, blew a 7-1 lead.

Comment

• Goober
                Needs a hobby
                • Feb 2009

And the Brewers finish 80-82.

Looks like the Trevor Hoffman will be back in Milwaukee next year.

Trevor Hoffman's season ended on a low note, but there were plenty of high ones in his first season with the Brewers. He said after Sunday's season finale that he's close to signing a deal to return in 2010.

"I think we're pretty close," Hoffman said. "I think we're getting something done."

Hoffman suffered his fourth blown save after walking three batters in the ninth inning on Sunday, but the Brewers rallied in the 10th for a 9-7 win and Hoffman was the pitcher of record. He finished with a 3-2 record but more importantly had 37 saves and a 1.83 ERA, his best mark in 11 years.

He signed a one-year contract with the Brewers in January after 16 seasons with the Padres. He's likely working on another one-year contract that would include some kind of option for 2011. Hoffman turns 42 on Oct. 13 but is showing few signs of age.

Comment

• Primetime
                  Thank You Prince
                  • Nov 2008

Brew Crew.....It's time to bring this thread back from the dead.

4 months until opening day. Cannot fucking wait.

Comment

• Goober
                    Needs a hobby
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Goblinslayer
                    That's why I wanted Brian Bannister, he would have been in the Brewer's control until 2011.
                    Lol. Cya in japan Banny!

Comment

Working...