X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gonzo
    Colts Supremicist
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Yawkey Way
    don't count them out. Boras came back today and said they had a good meeting, i'm pretty sure we called his bluff.
    I don't even consider it a bluff - it's expected when Boras is involved.

Comment

• Yawkey Way
      Free World Leader
      • Oct 2008

cough cough, the Bruins beat the Red Skins..

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
        Redsox
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DET Clutch
        I didnt say he was going to do it in a year.

Look at Pudge, he signed with Detroit after they lost 119 games. 3 years later, they won the AL and were in the world series. They sucked, they got a good player, then slowly players like Ordonez etc want to play for them. Getting a guy like Teixera makes you a couple wins better, and when you have good players on your roster other guys have a better chance to sign there. Ordonez wouldnt have signed I dont think if Pudge wasnt in Detroit. Pudge was the face of Detroits baseball resurgence. Mark could go to Washington and do the same thing. Thats my opinion on why he may want to go to Washington, and the money thing is yours. None of us know for sure. I never said that adding him would make them a contender or anything, but he may want to follow that route. Who knows besides him?

All you saying that all he cares about his winning, I say otherwise, then you just say that im repeating myself when youre saying the same thing.

WE dont know what his motives are for where he wants to play, maybe he wants money maybe he wants a ring. We dont know and thats that. Just leave it there, because anything we say is just speculation.

I guess what you said about the ordonez thing is true but tell me. How will the nats be able to afford any other players if they do sign texiera. There payroll isnt as big as the tigers.

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
          Redsox
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Moneyman
          Mark Texiera would be a perfect fit for any team, even for the Royals. Every team has at least one good player who makes a lot of money, unless your someone like the Marlins, or Royals. Nationals aren't as poor as the Royals and the Marlins in terms of payroll wise. What Texiera would provide you is consistancy. He will hit .290-.300, hit 30 HR's, drive in over 110 RBI's, and have a OBP of over .370. He will also play great defense. Anyone, no matter who you are would want a player like Texiera, but for good players, you have to pay for them. You don't see the Marlins, or Royals winning because once they get good, they trade off there players to re-build again. Texiera to the Nats would be a good fit and would get fans excited to see a superstar with the Nationals again.
          I would say Manny would be a great fit for the Nats. He has his two world series rings, he will bring in fans, and the nats wont have to be locked up to someone for 10 years

Comment

• Yawkey Way
            Free World Leader
            • Oct 2008

thats what i meant, red wings. And the Bruins are playing just as well as the Red Wings right now, so YES that's my knowledge of the NHL

but thats another discussion for another thread

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
              Redsox
              • Oct 2008

The Nats are just trying to bring in fans. If they want to get good they wont spend there whole payroll on texiera. They need more help to there pitching and pretty much every other position. Why wouldnt the nationals try and get sabathia if they have all this money to spend. Its because pitchers dont bring in money like hitters do.

More fans the Nats have the more money they can get. Manny will bring in just as many fans as texiera would.

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
                Redsox
                • Oct 2008

The nationals have had good draft picks for years now. They have had good players before and let them walk. Fans will only go see tex for about the first month or so and then the nats will start to suck and the fans will stop coming. Why dont the nats do what the Marlins and the Rays. Both teams draft good and have good young players. The Marlins contend every couple of years and the rays recently made it to the world series wiht low payrolls. Why cant the nationals do that? Its because there scouts suck.

Comment

• BWEISS
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by celtsxpatsxsox
                  If he goes to the Nats it will prove that he doesnt care about the game and just wants the money. Then in 2 years we will hear him wanting to get traded because the nats cant win.
                  Have you not noticed thats what most players care about? Not just in baseball, but in all sports nowadays.

Comment

• Yawkey Way
                    Free World Leader
                    • Oct 2008

the only difference between the Nationals and the other sucky teams is that they don't know how to draft.

Comment

• corbin
                      • Nov 2008

Texiera needs to stay with the Angels or go to the Red Sox for his own good. They are proven winners for many years now and they aren't afraid to break the bank for other players to help him out. If he rolls the dice and decides to take that extra 10 mil and sign with the Nationals, he is taking a huge chance of being on a mediocre team for many years to come. Think about this 10 year contract, if he plays it all in a Washington Nationals Jersey, he will have used all of his prime years (27-37) on a team that hasn't proven anything besides that they cant draft for shit.

Comment

• Yawkey Way
                        Free World Leader
                        • Oct 2008

the only 2 starting pitchers they have are Scott Olsen who they traded for to start the off-season, and they signed Daniel Cabrera, the guy from the orioles today.

Comment

• Yawkey Way
                          Free World Leader
                          • Oct 2008

which is exactly why Teixeira might now want to go there, to me Tex seems like an impulse guy. He likes to change around, this will already be his 4th team.

Comment

• corbin
                            • Nov 2008

Well Teixeira does get traded quite a bit and this is first chance to actually test out free agency, I am not so sure he likes to "jump" around. You could be right though.

Comment

Working...