Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AJay
    Fighter of the Nightman
    • Oct 2008

Cavs fall short again in ECF and Lebron becomes a Knick for the 2010-2011 season.

Comment

• A Tasty Burgerr
      ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
      • Oct 2008

David Stern is jizzing all over the place.

As long as Shaq can stay in one piece this should work out well for both sides.

Comment

• Rudi
        #CyCueto
        • Nov 2008

Z and Varejao both have player options...hopefully Varejao gets the fuck out of town. Hes garbage. Z will for sure be back though.

Comment

• Esjay
          Luck2Hilton
          • Feb 2009

Tremendous trade for Cleveland. I really didn't think this was going to happen.

Comment

• stevsta
            ¿Que?
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Rajon-Rondo
            My prediction is that Shaq plays half his games next season.
            exactly what i was thinking lol
            RIP

Comment

• ralaw
              Posts too much
              • Feb 2009

This move reminds me of the move the Suns made to get Shaq.......desperation. This move does nothing for the Cavs as far as beating the Celtics or the Magic. Yes, in the halfcourt set Shaq will slowdown Howard, but the Magic will simply run the Cavs to death and Howard will run down the center of the court and catch dunk after dunk. The Cavs lost to the Magic because they couldn't do anything with Lewis and Turk....they'd better bring in some big wings who can stick with those two.

Comment

• JMeist
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by corbin
                Obviously were giving up on next season already. Its not like this move made any sense for the short term... I am not happy with this move at all. At this point, I think Id rather have Kevin McHale as our GM.
                lol steve kerr is just awful.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

Cavs champs next season...its happening.

You can't stop LeBron AND Shaq...just not happening.

Comment

• jeffx
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by BossMyShiiUp24
                    I don't think anyone is making Cav's the favorite in the east. They won't beat Boston with KG. Boston is going to be a strong team. A lot of players developed for them with Powe and KG hurt. This trade also isn't going to help the match up problems with The Magic. The Magic killed the Cavs in pick and roll and well Shaq isn't too strong on pick and rolls. Right now I have Cavs as the third best team in the East.
                    Exactly. Cleveland still needs size in their backcourt and can Shaq guard Dwight Howard?

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

The Magic aren't even the team to beat in '10 in the East. I'd be more worried about Boston...however, having the leagues best big man is never overrated, so obviously they are a force, but I wouldn't be handing them the crown yet.

jeffx, last year Shaq had 19/11 to Howard's 21/8...its a good match up regardless, and putting Shaq in there allows the Cavs to not play the cot damned collapse defense every time, which could let them play the pick and roll more, if we are talking about the Magic.

On offense for Cleveland, Shaq opens up the entire offense, no doubt. Even in his advanced age, you can't go one-on-one with Shaq without Shaq getting his...even Dwight Howard, who has shown he isn't as dominant defensively against the leagues best centers (Shaq had a good game against him, Yao dominates him, even the Bynum/Gasol tandem did pretty well against Howard in the Finals -- avg'd like 25/13 combined).

Comment

• mfbmike
                        Goat****er
                        • Nov 2008

Shaq had 19/11? Thought it was closer to 17/8. Either way, he can still cover any big man in the league, including Dwight 1 on 1, which will allow the other Cavs defenders on the wing to stay on their men.

Trade is money for the Cavs. How exciting is it going to be to see 2 of the leagues biggest characters on the same team?

If I lived in Cleveland, I'd be ecstatic right now.

Comment

• jeffx
                          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by mfbmike
                          Trade is money for the Cavs. How exciting is it going to be to see 2 of the leagues biggest characters on the same team?
                          Shaq was "The Big Cactus" in Phoenix. What will he call himself in Cleveland?

Comment

• mfbmike
                            Goat****er
                            • Nov 2008

rofl, no idea. The Big O?

o for ohio? poor attempt.

Comment

• Vinsane
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by ralaw
                              This move does nothing for the Cavs as far as beating the Celtics or the Magic. Yes, in the halfcourt set Shaq will slowdown Howard, but the Magic will simply run the Cavs to death and Howard will run down the center of the court and catch dunk after dunk. The Cavs lost to the Magic because they couldn't do anything with Lewis and Turk....they'd better bring in some big wings who can stick with those two.
                              First thing, this move does plenty for the Cavs who were dominated in the post by the Magic. You don't get easy money plays with Shaq under the hoop.

Second, Turk is gone so where you coming up with one-two punch of Shard and Turk?

Originally posted by mfbmike
                              Shaq had 19/11? Thought it was closer to 17/8. Either way, he can still cover any big man in the league, including Dwight 1 on 1, which will allow the other Cavs defenders on the wing to stay on their men.

If I lived in Cleveland, I'd be ecstatic right now.
                              I don't live in Cleveland... but I'm ecstatic to hear this news.

Originally posted by jeffx
                              Shaq was "The Big Cactus" in Phoenix. What will he call himself in Cleveland?
                              "The Big Q" as in question mark.

While I'm excited for Shaq to come to Cleveland. I'm also a realist in saying that nothing is certain in the NBA. Shaq could flop or he could seal his legacy with winning a ship with Kobe, D-Wade and perhaps, LeBron James.
                              25-02, 23:16 Yawkey Way celtics fucking suck

Comment

• mfbmike
                                Goat****er
                                • Nov 2008

You're native Clevelander though Vinsane. Aren't you? lol.

Comment

Working...