X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Archer
    Big Z is actually, one of the worst defensive options out there in FA. They'd have more luck bringing back one of the guys they had last year instead.

And if they can't stop Howard from eating up Z [in the past he did more than get his v him] that will force others to help out which then opens up the rest of the offense for Orlando.

By the way... Z didn't help the Cavs offense much v Orlando. They let him roll out and dared LeBron to kick it to him for the outside shot. I'm pretty sure most opponents will take the semi-open Z outside shot over the Wade/LeBron drive to the paint.
    Magloire is still out there.

Unfortunately, Howard's offensive game isn't developed enough to absolutely dominate the low post game and will O-Town to a win over a team like the Heat.

Want to know who'd be perfect for Orlando to dominate down low? Zach Randolph.

If they added Randolph, their down low O is going to be ridiculous. He is exactly what they need at the 4.

Comment

• Archer
      Go the fuck outside
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Smug Krueger

Unfortunately, Howard's offensive game isn't developed enough to absolutely dominate the low post game and will O-Town to a win over a team like the Heat.

If they added Randolph, their down low O is going to be ridiculous. He is exactly what they need at the 4.
      Magloire would be a much better option imo
      Last edited by Archer; 07-14-2010, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
        Beautiful Like Moses
        • Oct 2008

Z doesnt even play in the paint anymore, like at all. He'd just be brought in as a veteran big body who can spread the floor. Im not sure ive seen Z plant himself in the paint in years.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
          Beautiful Like Moses
          • Oct 2008

LOL.. sticking Zach Randolph in Orlando would be such a hideous idea. Basically giving him the green light to spread the floor will essentially turn Zach into a lazy chucker. Getting away from the shot last year actually allowed him to focus on what hes better at, rebounding and scoring down low. Zach can still hit the mid-range, even the 3.. but I certainly wouldnt give him the green light to do so, haha. Not sure the fit would work in Orlando.. they literally look to everyone but Dwight to spread the floor.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            Highwayman
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
            LOL.. sticking Zach Randolph in Orlando would be such a hideous idea. Basically giving him the green light to spread the floor will essentially turn Zach into a lazy chucker. Getting away from the shot last year actually allowed him to focus on what hes better at, rebounding and scoring down low. Zach can still hit the mid-range, even the 3.. but I certainly wouldnt give him the green light to do so, haha. Not sure the fit would work in Orlando.. they literally look to everyone but Dwight to spread the floor.
            And when they spread the floor, they are limited against a team like the Heat, now.

Orlando has to adapt.

What would make them dominant? The low post...IF they get Randolph (they won't...just giving a suggestion).

Randolph, next to Howard down low...Randolph goes OFF...

You can't beat the Heat on the wing...they have ridiculous defense with Wade and LeBron...however, they'll be soft down low (Udonis is the only defender I'd give a fug about)...if you are going to beat the Heat, its going to be by getting yours in the paint, in bunches, and efficiently.

There aren't many better scorers in the low post than Randolph.

Comment

• FirstTimer
              Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

And when they spread the floor, they are limited against a team like the Heat, now.

Orlando has to adapt.

What would make them dominant? The low post...IF they get Randolph (they won't...just giving a suggestion).

You can't beat the Heat on the wing...they have ridiculous defense with Wade and LeBron...however, they'll be soft down low (Udonis is the only defender I'd give a fug about)...if you are going to beat the Heat, its going to be by getting yours in the paint, in bunches, and efficiently.

If you can get him to stay there.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                Beautiful Like Moses
                • Oct 2008

Orlando has to adapt.

I agree with what you're saying, but I think you're giving Zach Randolph too much mental credit. Seeing everyone chucking 3's all around him is going to have Zach's eyes lighting up and have him setting goals of winning the All-Star Weekend 3-Point competition.

Just saying!

Comment

• FirstTimer
                  Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

I agree with what you're saying, but I think you're giving Zach Randolph too much mental credit. Seeing everyone chucking 3's all around him is going to have Zach's eyes lighting up and have him setting goals of winning the All-Star Weekend 3-Point competition.

Just saying!
                  I think a lot of people are on the "Randolph has matured bandwagon".

Maybe it's true.

No idea.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                    Beautiful Like Moses
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by FirstTimer
                    I think a lot of people are on the "Randolph has matured bandwagon".

Maybe it's true.

No idea.
                    Didnt he get into some shit this off-season? If dude hasnt grown up by the age of 28 will he ever? Even if he has.. I still think Magic + Randolph = 200+ 3's attempted that year.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                      Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Didnt he get into some shit this off-season? If dude hasnt grown up by the age of 28 will he ever? Even if he has.. I still think Magic + Randolph = 200+ 3's attempted that year.
                      I'm not aware of any but that deosn't mean there wasn't.

Comment

• Rudi
                        #CyCueto
                        • Nov 2008

This is a fucking outcry. What a fucking piece of shit traitor? Are you kidding me Z. So much for being loyal to Cleveland and wanting to come back here. I wish the worst to Z along with Lebron, they are both unloyal piece of shit quitters IMO. God damn. FUCK!

[/end idiotic Cleveland fan rant]

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                          Beautiful Like Moses
                          • Oct 2008

As it relates to Zach getting into some shit this off-season..

Zach Randolph could be in some very serious trouble in connection with an Indianapolis drug investigation, which indicates he is major marijuana supplier in city.
                          A man named Arthur Boyd was pulled over in a Cadillac Escalade that had marijuana and ammunition inside - and was registered to Randolph. Police then discovered four lockers at a storage facility rented by Randolph, two of which contained controlled substances. Z-Bo's attorney, John Tompkins, says Randolph is not connected to any drug activity and that secret compartments in the Esaclade are for "concealing valuables." Um, OK. Randolph has had several run-ins with the law, so it will be interesting to see what happens next.
                          Lol and the next day...

Zach Randolph's bad day continued on Thursday as his name has been linked to a late-night melee at a Los Angeles strip club.
                          A man named Gary Ferguson was reportedly beaten by someone in Z-Bo's posse, and it's not the first time it's happened to Ferguson. He sued Randolph last year, claiming he was attacked in a pizza restaurant in 2008. It doesn't sound like Randolph threw any punches last night, but with the serious drug-related allegations being tossed around about him right now, it is interesting that he was in a strip joint in the middle of the night. Then again, this is the same dude who once chose to go to a strip club instead of his team's game while on bereavement leave.

Comment

• Rudi
                            #CyCueto
                            • Nov 2008

Randolph was running a big time drug operation in Indy lol. Kingpin status

Comment

• G-men
                              Posts too much
                              • Nov 2011

Pat Riley is a fucking wizard

Comment

• Miami Flash15
                                The Jets Suck
                                • Jul 2009

He's going to spread the floor great(not like Bosh won't do that already). I like the pick up, he can shoot the rock and has been with LeBron.

Comment

Working...