X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuperKevin
    War Hero
    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Primetime232
    I'd be happy with Portland, but happier with NY. Portland would be nicer if I could trust Oden to stay healthy but who the fuck knows about him anymore.
    The core of Brandon Roy, Lamarcus Aldridge, Greg Oden, Luke Babbitt, and Armon Johnson seems solid to me

Comment

• FirstTimer
      Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
      I'm just saying realistically money-wise this is about the only deal they could pull off. None of the other money really works unless they want to trade Carter or Lewis.
      I think they would in a second really. Lewis has been falling off the last few seasons and Carter is a black hole with the basketball. I think if they trade either guy it's most likely Lewis. Then they can find a banger at the 4 to pair along side Howard as Lewis isnt a great match up come playoff time as he gets raped on defense.

Comment

• Primetime
        Thank You Prince
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by SuperKevin
        The core of Brandon Roy, Lamarcus Aldridge, Greg Oden, Luke Babbitt, and Armon Johnson seems solid to me
        I'd rather see him to the East though to match up with the Miami superpower.

Comment

• Sportsbuck
          Buckeye For Life
          • Dec 2008

There's a rumor of Paul wanting to play for Charlotte becaue it's close to his home and he loves the area, but I don't think I buy it.

Comment

• Cody
            GOAAAAL
            • Jul 2010

If he goes to NYK than Melo will be right behind him

Comment

• FedEx227
              Delivers
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FirstTimer
              I think they would in a second really. Lewis has been falling off the last few seasons and Carter is a black hole with the basketball. I think if they trade either guy it's most likely Lewis. Then they can find a banger at the 4 to pair along side Howard as Lewis isnt a great match up come playoff time as he gets raped on defense.
              I can't foresee New Orleans wanting Lewis' deal though, they already have enough bad paper on their books Lewis would just be the icing on the cake.
              VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• FirstTimer
                Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
                I can't foresee New Orleans wanting Lewis' deal though, they already have enough bad paper on their books Lewis would just be the icing on the cake.
                To be honest though..most of what they get back for Paul will be "bad paper".

Comment

• FedEx227
                  Delivers
                  • Mar 2009

Honestly, they can just do it straight up if they really want to:

Lewis for Paul

If I'm NO I'd rather a package of guys as opposed to one expensive, overrated dude.

This trade would be fucking incredible for the Mavs: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=292vnm9 (Butler/Barea for Paul) both 1 year expiring deals for the Hornets to take off their books and not have to worry about long-term.
                  Last edited by FedEx227; 07-22-2010, 12:59 PM.
                  VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Argath
                    $2 whore
                    • Apr 2009

Fuck Chris Paul, the knicks are supposed to take arenas

Comment

• SuperKevin
                      War Hero
                      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Argath
                      Fuck Chris Paul, the knicks are supposed to take arenas
                      QFT.

Arenas for Wilson Chandler and Toney Douglas please

Comment

• Herm
                        Boomshakalaka
                        • Oct 2008

How can the knicks get him,its not like New Orleans wants to take on Eddy Currys contract( or any team for that matter).

I dont know what CP's cap number is but it cant be cheap, will the salaries matchup for whatever team he thinks he can go to?

edit: according to hoopshype he makes right at 15 mil a year and Orlando already has the highest payroll in the league with LA a close second.
                        Last edited by Herm; 07-22-2010, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Argath
                          $2 whore
                          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Herm
                          How can the knicks get him,its not like New Orleans wants to take on Eddy Currys contract( or any team for that matter).

I dont know what CP's cap number is but it cant be cheap, will the salaries matchup for whatever team he thinks he can go to?

edit: according to hoopshype he makes right at 15 mil a year and Orlando already has the highest payroll in the league with LA a close second.
                          Eddy Curry is expiring, why wouldn't they want his contract.

This was supposed to be the potential trade for Gilbert that ESPN was reporting when the wiz were shopping him

Comment

• Primetime
                            Thank You Prince
                            • Nov 2008

Knicks could trade Curry, Azubuike, Randolph, and picks to NO for Paul. Money would work out that way.

All three players are expiring for NO. I'm guessing it would have to be at least 2 1sts though.

Comment

• Whatupdoe44
                              Magic
                              • Nov 2008

if a trade was to be made with orlando vince carter and his expiring contract would certainly be involved

Comment

• Miami Flash15
                                The Jets Suck
                                • Jul 2009

Update:

The Knicks top the list of teams Hornets point guard Chris Paul would like to be traded to, according to sources.

The Magic are second on the list, ahead of the Mavericks and Trail Blazers.

In the ideal scenario, Paul wants to team with Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire in New York.

The Knicks signed Stoudemire to a $100 million deal earlier this month. Anthony is under contract with the Nuggets through the 2010-11 season and reports have indicated that he is expected to sign an extension.

"Those guys want to beat the three guys in Miami," a source close to the situation said.

The Hornets have scheduled to face-to-face meeting with Paul on Monday, when he will meet with new general manager Dell Demps for the first time.

Comment

Working...