Is KD35 and Westbrook= KG and Starbury circa 96-99??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mogriffjr
    aka Reece
    • Apr 2009

Is KD35 and Westbrook= KG and Starbury circa 96-99??

discuss...
    Originally posted by Nick Mangold
    Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate.
  • Kuzzy Powers
    Beautiful Like Moses
    • Oct 2008

Both dynamic young duos, but bad comparison IMO..

Comment

• Bear Pand
      RIP Indy Colts
      • Feb 2009

Don't know but whenever the Thunder get eliminated Westbrook will be the scapegoat. Will be interesting to see how the team handles that going forward.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
        My Aunt Ida Smokes.
        • Mar 2009

Westbrook just needs to understand that when Durant is on, he needs to defer. If Durant is cold, help out, but your job as the PG is to set your teammates up.

It will come with maturity. Durant and Westbrook don't carry the same mentalities that KG and Marbury did. Durant has ZERO ego and is willing to defer to Westbrook when he's off his game.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
          My Aunt Ida Smokes.
          • Mar 2009

Fucking double.

Comment

• red33
            • Feb 2009

good comparison skill wise, but player wise. like others said ego not being a factor as much is huge. starbury was almost LBJ when it came to pre NBA fame.

Comment

• dropshot001
              • Sep 2024

i don't think that westbrook's ego is on par with what marbury had. and durant doesn't seem to have the same ego that garnett had either. skill wise, durant has more range than garnett

Comment

• SuperKevin
                War Hero
                • Dec 2009

Durant will never be the game changer on defense that KG was in his early years

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                  My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by SuperKevin
                  Durant will never be the game changer on defense that KG was in his early years
                  Just like KG hasn't, and never will be, the offensive juggernaut that Durant is.

Comment

• ralaw
                    Posts too much
                    • Feb 2009

What is people's deal with Westbrook? Why are people out to make it seem as if he's not a star? I always hear people say he's selfish, he thinks he's a star, or that he's jealous of Durant, etc. We've heard nothing about these two not getting along.

Why are people/the media trying to break up these two future superstars? Westbrook is every bit as capable of being a star as everyon'e beloved Derrick Rose. I understand Durant is everyone's 1st or 2nd favorite player, because he appears to be humble, kisses his mom, seems like the type of guy people would want their daughters to bring home and has a smooth and silky game but come on people.....let these two stars grow......together!! I actually like them both....together!! I like this roster...together!!

It seems after every loss or win Wesbrook is being criticized for someting. Now, with Scott Brooks benching Westbrook, because Maynor was playing well we're going to have to deal with this again...smh. On this stage Brooks shouldn't have done that, because the media is going to take it and run with it. I know many won't agree with this, but a coach has to protect his stars....especially when that star is young, still maturing and is already being criticized often by the media.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Garnett & Marbury never won shit. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they never advanced past the first round.

Durant/Westbrook all day, every day. Marbury is one of the most overrated NBA players of this era.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                        Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by ralaw
                        On this stage Brooks shouldn't have done that, because the media is going to take it and run with it. .
                        If Brooks is coaching based upon what the media will make of his choices then he needs to find a new job.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FirstTimer
                          If Brooks is coaching based upon what the media will make of his choices then he needs to find a new job.
                          NFL head coach.

Comment

• ralaw
                            Posts too much
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FirstTimer
                            Its not about what the media thinks as much as its about protecting your players. Hopefully, the benching doesn't create other issues, but people should remember that the NBA is a players' league and this OKC team won't win on the level that people expect them to without him.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ralaw
                              Its not about what the media thinks as much as its about protecting your players.
                              Isn't it about winning games? Maybe nobody is giving Westbrook enough credit here. He probably gets it.

Comment

Working...