X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DDRGuido
    gx
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Herm
    I try not to be an over the top homer but i havent felt this confident since 96. I remember thinking in 96 the only team that could beat UK was UMass and they righted that wrong and went on to win.

The 96 team had a killer press and this team just has the length and athleticism to defend all 5 positions pretty well. i feel good but I definitely wouldnt be surprised to see some of the other ubertalented teams like UNC, Cuse, or OSU win it.

Sorry Guido you are the only person here who thinks Frank Haith is going to get Mizzou to the title game.
    My opinion has changed drastically. The gap between UK and a team like Florida is so big I think UK gets the #1 #1 seed. EE team at worst. Mizzo could still make some noise in March. Cuse is having a lot of close calls in the BigE which is excepted but they are walking a thin line. OSU scares me a lot. Usually a Sweet 16 team. ACC is up for grabs. Yes of course UNC is a better team than Duke because of their size but you have to perform as well. They got stomped @ FSU and then they let Duke literally steal one from them.

I'm very happy Blue Devils bounced back after giving Miami that game in OT.

They really need to work on the inside game, make their FT's and stop jacking up 3's.

Like Woy said, there are a couple elite teams compared to last year where there was a lot of parody. Hence UConn vs Butler.

Comment

• Mogriffjr
      aka Reece
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by DDRGuido
      My opinion has changed drastically. The gap between UK and a team like Florida is so big I think UK gets the #1 #1 seed. EE team at worst. Mizzo could still make some noise in March. Cuse is having a lot of close calls in the BigE which is excepted but they are walking a thin line. OSU scares me a lot. Usually a Sweet 16 team. ACC is up for grabs. Yes of course UNC is a better team than Duke because of their size but you have to perform as well. They got stomped @ FSU and then they let Duke literally steal one from them.

I'm very happy Blue Devils bounced back after giving Miami that game in OT.

They really need to work on the inside game, make their FT's and stop jacking up 3's.

Like Woy said, there are a couple elite teams compared to last year where there was a lot of parody. Hence UConn vs Butler.

I really think Kentucky has what it takes...

Cuse is right behind them...

I have no faith in Mizzou...they would have to get unbelievably hot and not matchup against a team with good bigs...
      Originally posted by Nick Mangold
      Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate.

Comment

• Mogriffjr
        aka Reece
        • Apr 2009

hey UNC

Originally posted by Nick Mangold
        Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate.

Comment

• ralaw
          Posts too much
          • Feb 2009

That Duke game was good.....for awhile I thought UNC was going to run away with it, but then they just collapsed in the final minutes. I hear people trying to put the loss on Zeller, which is unfair to me. I don't know what anyone expects him to do on Rivers in that moment. Rivers made a tough shot and that was it. I guess he could have forced him to put the ball on the floor, but then he had to trust that Henson was going to be there to protect the rim.

Baylor really disappointed me. You can't be an elite program and let Kansas come in on your home floor and beat you like that. SMH

The GU/Syracuse game was good as well. It was good to see Fab so active. GU is just coached really well, because outside of Holls Thompson I'm not sure they have an NBA player on the team. They were eating that zone up.

Comment

• Woy
            RIP West
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by ralaw
            That Duke game was good.....for awhile I thought UNC was going to run away with it, but then they just collapsed in the final minutes. I hear people trying to put the loss on Zeller, which is unfair to me. I don't know what anyone expects him to do on Rivers in that moment. Rivers made a tough shot and that was it. I guess he could have forced him to put the ball on the floor, but then he had to trust that Henson was going to be there to protect the rim.

Baylor really disapointed me. You can't be an elite program and let Kansas come in on your home floor and beat you like that. SMH
            Zeller was the main reason they were up at halftime, even though Duke hit 7 (?) threes during the first 20 minutes. The tip was kind of a freak play, but he still had himself a great game. It was more of a total team collapse and a continuation of doing the same thing by trying to slide under screens, giving the Duke shooters enough room to get a shot off. I still don't think any more of Duke concerning the tournament at this time - they again live and die by the three, but the defense isn't anywhere as good as the last few teams they've had - and UNC hurt themselves in my irrelevant rankings, but come tournament time I'm still taking the Tar Heels to go farther than the Blue Devils. Both teams have a lot to work on however.

I'm pretty disappointed in Baylor too. The trio of Mizzou/KU/Baylor has been a lot of fun to watch this season and I would have said they were all on the same level, but that's just not the case. Whitney for Kansas got way too many easy looks outside with that zone, which shouldn't happen considering the surplus of big men Baylor has.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• killgod
              OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
              • Oct 2008

Going to close down random thoughts in sports forums.

Please create individual threads for topics going forward.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...