X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woy
    RIP West
    • Dec 2008

Robert Morris 64, Duquesne 60

A second-straight win over rival Duquesne increases the Colonials' record to 7-2 - the best in school history. Lijah Thompson led all scorers with 17 points, with Russell Johnson (15), Velton Jones (13) and Anthony Myers (10) all in double-digits.

A very good Cleveland State squad comes to Moon Township on Thursday. CSU/RMU might be the best mid-major game of the week.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Herm
      Boomshakalaka
      • Oct 2008

this udub and marquette game is the 2nd best game ive watched this year so far.

Comment

• Umfer
        • May 2009

We can't close out this year, last year we had Isiah this year we really need someone to step up and I want it to be Ross. Kids good can rain and has athleticism. But that was a very good game. We need more from Gaddy so much for being the second best pg behind John Wall when he came into college hoops

Comment

• Dan The Man
          Dip My Balls In It
          • Mar 2009

Jay Bilas from the bottom of the map...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZSjCgC1ACU"]Jay Bilas Quotes Young Jeezy On-Air - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
            Beautiful Like Moses
            • Oct 2008

Lol @ "urban philosopher".

Comment

• kmanharris
              Seven
              • Oct 2008

CCSU takes on MSU tonight on ESPNU

UPSET CITY!!

Comment

• ralaw
                Posts too much
                • Feb 2009

This Harvard doesn't have the look of a typical Ivy League team. They're big and athletic.

Comment

• Woy
                  RIP West
                  • Dec 2008

Cleveland State 62, Robert Morris 58

In what I dubbed the mid-major game of the week, the actual contest lived up to the billing as the Vikings withstood a late Colonial rally to get their ninth win of the season. For RMU, an awful performance from the charity stripe and the ineffectiveness of their press break lead to their third loss of the 2011-12 campaign.

Trevon Harmon is one of the best players I've watched so far. His shot looks kinda quirky (or at least slow), but he hit three NBA-range bombs to expand the lead to 15 at one point in the second half and led the game with 24 points.

For the Colonials, Velton Jones and Coron Williams each had 18. This is a game where I really missed Karon Abraham (who was again right behind the bench, vocal like an assistant coach) because it seemed like when we needed a quick, big three, Velton just couldn't get his shot off. Karon and Coron each shoot the ball as well as anyone in the nation, but Karon's shot is much more quick and his range is a bit further than his red-shirt sophomore counterpart.

Cleveland State is an easy bet to make the tournament and can absolutely make a run towards the Sweet 16, depending on their match-ups. Really impressed with them, as well as RMU, who are still short-handed till next game as Iona transfer Mike McFadden becomes eligible. A consistent threat down low (Lijah Thompson is there, but he's been shaky to start the season) can really boost this team to new heights.

RMU hosts Louisiana-Lafayette next Saturday before the students all leave for Christmas break.

Comment

• kmanharris
                    Seven
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ralaw
                    This Harvard doesn't have the look of a typical Ivy League team. They're have black players.
                    FYP.

Also, I didn't post about the game yesterday but Central played a pretty good MSU team really well. We were up 11 at one point but MSU was just way to big for us. We ended up losing by 20 but we only turned the ball over 11 times. MSU is the best rebounding team in the nation and our tallest player, who actually plays, is 6'6'' and we only lost the rebound margin by 6 (LOL). They are easily the biggest and most athletic team we will play the rest of the year so I feel optimistic going forward.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                      Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Half of Cincy's team should get suspended for the shit at the end of the Xavier game

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ralaw
                        This Harvard doesn't have the look of a typical Ivy League team. They're big and athletic.
                        I was reading something about the less restrictive recruiting standards that the Ivy has imposed lately. I don't remember the details, but it allows them to get some better athletes. They still have to be good students and serious about education, but the requirements were softened a bit.

Comment

• Umfer
                          • May 2009

Had to work during the DUKE UW game, Where's all the Duke fans at? Looks like we were down big the entire time until the last 10 mins which Aziz got injured and we went extremely small. How was Rivers Wroten?

Comment

• Mogriffjr
                            aka Reece
                            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Umfer
                            Had to work during the DUKE UW game, Where's all the Duke fans at? Looks like we were down big the entire time until the last 10 mins which Aziz got injured and we went extremely small. How was Rivers Wroten?
                            Wroten was great for the first 5 and last 5 minutes. The middle 30 he had no impact.

Rivers was solid out there. He fouled out towards the end but I like our offense sometimes when he has the ball.

Wilcox brought them back IMO. Ross was off but had some nice moves. Then going small got them back. That and hack-a-mason who went 1-11 from FT line. Wroten kept blowing past Tyler Thornton (who really should get 10 minutes max) and fouled him out. Quinn Cook needs to start IMO or at least get more PT
                            Originally posted by Nick Mangold
                            Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate.

Comment

• Woy
                              RIP West
                              • Dec 2008

Free-throw shooting kills a Calipari-coached team again...what a surprise.

Comment

• KnightNoles
                                Kdub #9
                                • Jul 2009

Great game don't like the result.. good to go through this adversity on the road

Not like Lamb is an awful shooter, cmon man gotta hit those.

Turned and said to my girlfriends brother I won't be surprised if they come down and hit the three to win after Kentucky stepped up the defense the last 6 minutes..

Comment

Working...