Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

Where do you guys stand on Melo? Without specifying any potential return, who's FOR sign & trading him away this summer?

I'm torn. The guy is the best scorer in the game and there's no way to get much value for him. BUT, is a max contract going to prevent them from surrounding him with enough talent to be a serious title contender for the '15-'16 season? At the same time, he would be practically the ONLY sizable contract on the books for that season so they should be able to find at least 1 other great player next summer.

Ugh.

Comment

• DJ Rhude
      #42 G.O.A.T.
      • Feb 2009

Easy decision for me, I want the guy back

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
        Beautiful Like Moses
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by EmpireWF
        Where do you guys stand on Melo? Without specifying any potential return, who's FOR sign & trading him away this summer?

I'm torn. The guy is the best scorer in the game and there's no way to get much value for him. BUT, is a max contract going to prevent them from surrounding him with enough talent to be a serious title contender for the '15-'16 season? At the same time, he would be practically the ONLY sizable contract on the books for that season so they should be able to find at least 1 other great player next summer.

Ugh.
        Last edited by Kuzzy Powers; 04-16-2014, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Agent
          Goodnight, Sweet DSS
          • Jun 2012

I don't know how to word it without saying he's the best scorer in the league but he is one of the best because Melo can score from anywhere. He can drain the 3 and also play well on the block (something Durant is still getting better at)

However I still think Melo will stay in NY. He'd be an idiot to leave.

Comment

• jeffx
            • Jun 2009

WTF were these losers smiling and high-fiving for? They gave us shit basketball most of the season - 37-45 is nothing to be proud of. They're a disgrace to the uniform. And LOL @ the fucktard fans on social media still bitching about the Nets tanking so the Knicks wouldn't get in - morons.

As for Anthony, I agree with Mike Francesca. I want him back, but only at a discount. If he gets max money, how will NY sign another top player?

Comment

• EmpireWF
              Giants in the Super Bowl
              • Mar 2009

Clarence Gaines Jr., who was a top scout during the Bulls run with Jackson, is on board in an "unnamed front-office job."

Also, current Bucks assistant coach Jim Cleamons (also, was with Jackson as a coach in Chicago) is interested in going to the Knicks as an assistant.

Comment

• jeffx
                • Jun 2009

If I'm Steve Kerr, I wait until the playoffs are over. There could be coaching vacancies if OKC, Houston & Indy flame out in the first round. I'd rather coach those teams than the dysfunctional Knicks.

Steve Kerr SHOULD be wary of this organization....

CHICAGO — Steve Kerr has publicly expressed interest in the Knicks’ head coaching job and appears to be Phil Jackson’s leading candidate to replace Mike Woodson. Maybe that’…
                Last edited by jeffx; 04-22-2014, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                  Giants in the Super Bowl
                  • Mar 2009

Kerr had dinner with Jackson Friday and they spoke via phone yesterday.

Wheels in motion.

Comment

• Rayman
                    Spic 'n Spanish
                    • Feb 2009

Y'all motherfuckers gonna get sucked in again.

Comment

• jeffx
                      • Jun 2009

^Maybe the young Knick fans but not me.

Comment

• jeffx
                        • Jun 2009

We've seen what James Dolan and his toxic corporate culture at the Garden has done to previous coaches. I hope Steve Kerr realises what he's in for.

Comment

• jeffx
                          • Jun 2009

I just wish the Knicks could be consistent like they were during the 90s. They didn't finish the deal, but for a decade they were good for at least 50 wins and a trip to the second round. Now the strategy is suffer for a few seasons, then put all our eggs in one basket, suffer again, etc., etc. That doesn't work.

Brain-Dead Dolan will be on WFAN's Mike Francesca show tomorrow afternoon. He's tight with the Sports Pope, so you know there won't be any tough questions.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                            Giants in the Super Bowl
                            • Mar 2009

Tomorrow, Ken Berger has a long story up on the 94 Finals and all the craziness on and off the court.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                              Giants in the Super Bowl
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                              Tomorrow, Ken Berger has a long story up on the 94 Finals and all the craziness on and off the court.

It's live now.

Towards the end of Ewings' run, he writes that Shaq would have signed with NY instead of LA if they were able to trade Ewing. Checketts quietly asked around to GMs he trusted but nothing came of it.

And at the end, there were at least 2 players who were unhappy with Ewing still on the team clogging up the middle. One was Sprewell.

lol

Comment

• jeffx
                                • Jun 2009

Derek Fisher close to becoming the Knicks coach.

Comment

Working...