Does Luol Deng Deserve to be an All Star?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nwfisch
    No longer a noob
    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by NAHSTE
    Good to see Luol Deng get worked on the baseline repeatedly by Rondo. Oh and the C's have already scored 26 points with two minutes left in the first quarter. Looks like Deng is not helping Chicago's team defense, amirite?
    23-6 says otherwise amirite.

Congrats on using a large sample size to make your judgement.

You should post at CCS.

Comment

• NAHSTE
      Probably owns the site
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by nwfisch
      23-6 says otherwise amirite.

Congrats on using a large sample size to make your judgement.

You should post at CCS.
      So in sum, Luol Deng plays for a better team (both defensively and overall) than Josh Smith, so he is a better player and more deserving of the last All-Star bid despite every individual measure saying otherwise.

Got it.

Comment

• nwfisch
        No longer a noob
        • Jul 2011

So in sum, Luol Deng plays for a better team (both defensively and overall) than Josh Smith, so he is a better player and more deserving of the last All-Star bid despite every individual measure saying otherwise.

Got it.
        I never recall saying Deng is a better player than Smith.

Snubs happen. Deng got snubbed last year, Boozer and Noah had cases last year as well.

Instead of acting like Josh Smith and complaining about the coaches who make the decisions, Deng decided to work hard and play.

Comment

• EmpireWF
          Giants in the Super Bowl
          • Mar 2009

ZOMG! Josh Smith had better numbers. Guess he should have been an all-star.

Lebron should have won every MVP since 05-06, because he had better numbers. There are worse crimes in sports than getting "snubbed" from an all star team.
          lol @ comparing the MVP award to an All-Star reserve spot.

Comment

• NAHSTE
            Probably owns the site
            • Feb 2009

Instead of acting like Josh Smith and complaining about the coaches who make the decisions, Deng decided to work hard and play.
            LOL. Good to see his hard work resulted in an undeserving all star bid. I guess Smith should play more like Deng by getting worse at every aspect of his game.

Comment

• nwfisch
              No longer a noob
              • Jul 2011

LOL. Good to see his hard work resulted in an undeserving all star bid. I guess Smith should play more like Deng by getting worse at every aspect of his game.
              If all the all-star is a glorified dunk contest, why are you so hurt that Smith didn't make it?

Comment

• NAHSTE
                Probably owns the site
                • Feb 2009

If all the all-star is a glorified dunk contest, why are you so hurt that Smith didn't make it?
                Who is hurt? Nobody is hurt. I just think you look foolish for arguing against his inclusion. Especially when you provided such a non-convincing argument based on you a. not liking his defensive contributions, for whatever reasons and b. not liking his shot selection, which while a valid concern, could also be applied to half the field and does not prevent him from outperforming Deng.

Comment

• nwfisch
                  No longer a noob
                  • Jul 2011

Who is hurt? Nobody is hurt. I just think you look foolish for arguing against his inclusion. Especially when you provided such a non-convincing argument based on you a. not liking his defensive contributions, for whatever reasons and b. not liking his shot selection, which while a valid concern, could also be applied to half the field and does not prevent him from outperforming Deng.
                  You're hurt. It hurts that a player of Deng's caliber is beating your team's player in all-star selections, to which I could give two shits about.

Comment

• nwfisch
                    No longer a noob
                    • Jul 2011

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE JOSH SMITH GET WORKED BY CHRIS BOSH!

Comment

• nwfisch
                      No longer a noob
                      • Jul 2011

Smith the stud defender gets worked by Bosh.

Comment

• nwfisch
                        No longer a noob
                        • Jul 2011

Smith looks good early.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                          Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

I never recall saying Deng is a better player than Smith.

Snubs happen. Deng got snubbed last year, Boozer and Noah had cases last year as well.

Comment

• nwfisch
                            No longer a noob
                            • Jul 2011

I'm not saying that Smith doesn't deserve to be an all-star, he does, I wouldn't take Deng off for Smith.

And the reasons why Smith wasn't selected by the coaches, because he's an undisciplined player, and criticized the coaches who selected him are valid.

Comment

• ralaw
                              Posts too much
                              • Feb 2009

Maybe it's just me, but why does the all star game try and put slightly above average players in the all star game just because they are the second best player next to a superstar player and their team has a winning record? I'd much rather see the leagues best players...not Loul Deng.

Comment

• nwfisch
                                No longer a noob
                                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by ralaw
                                Maybe it's just me, but why does the all star game try and put slightly above average players in the all star game just because they are the second best player next to a superstar player and their team has a winning record? I'd much rather see the leagues best players...not Loul Deng.
                                Whose Loul Deng

If Deng is snubbing Lebron, Anthony, Howard, I'd have a problem.

He's not, and he's keeping Josh Smith, who plays the 4, out of the game. Fans should have more of a problem with Paul Pierce or Andre Igoudala in the game over Josh Smith.

Comment

Working...