X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NAHSTE
    Probably owns the site
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Senser81
    Pitt somehow sneaks into the top 25, then immediately loses their first conference game at home and are now in last place in the Big East.

Whodathunkit??
    :yadontsay:

Comment

• Senser81
      VSN Poster of the Year
      • Feb 2009

I thought Pitt was overrated, but even I didn't foresee a loss to perennial Big East doormat Rutgers. Not good for Jamie Dixon and his scheduling wizardry. Perhaps Pitt needed the refs from the North Florida game, the ones that didn't award a single free throw to North Florida in 40 minutes of action.

Comment

• MVPete
        Old School
        • Mar 2008

I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do vs the University of Phoenix.

Comment

• Pitty
          Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
          Once again, Hoyas play in arguably the toughest preseason tournament (last year they played in the stacked Maui field with Kansas, Duke, Memphis, Michigan, etc), with a game against UCLA & a potential showdown with Indiana. Plus neutral court games against Florida & Texas. Next year they start a four year series against Kansas.
          Oh, please tell me more.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Pitty
            Oh, please tell me more.

Stay on topic.

The Pitt schedule is garbage. Can not be disputed.

I also love how you ran and hide until they won a game.

Comment

• Pitty
              Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
              • Feb 2009

Stay on topic.

Sure was, too bad it didn't mean shit when the schedule hardened Hoyas were given their comeuppance tonight.

Also, considering since Pitt lost to Rutgers on Saturday I've been driving across state, and at work/school, I haven't had alot of time to dwell here.

Comment

• Senser81
                VSN Poster of the Year
                • Feb 2009

Also, considering since Pitt lost to Rutgers on Saturday I've been driving across state, and at work/school, I haven't had alot of time to dwell here.
                Sounds like you need Jamie Dixon to manage your personal schedule.

Comment

• Pitty
                  Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
                  • Feb 2009

Stay on topic.

Funny that you now run and hide as Pitt's rpi and ranking slide past Georgetown.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

Funny that you now run and hide as Pitt's rpi and ranking slide past Georgetown.
                    I dont post, bump, or troll in this thread. My last post aside from responding to your last troll was 12/13.

Georgetown's RPI & rank are irrelevant to the point that Dixon constructed a terrible schedule.

Also, Georgetown RPI 55, Pitt 62. This despite Pitt beating Georgetown by like 100 points. http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_Men.html

Comment

• Pitty
                      Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
                      • Feb 2009

I dont post, bump, or troll in this thread. My last post aside from responding to your last troll was 12/13.

Georgetown's RPI & rank are irrelevant to the point that Dixon constructed a terrible schedule.

Also, Georgetown RPI 55, Pitt 62. This despite Pitt beating Georgetown by like 100 points. http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_Men.html
                      It's not irrelevant, your entire argument is based around a stronger schedule creating a stronger team. Also, Pitt beat top 25 RPI UCONN today, which will push them over GTown.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

It's not irrelevant, your entire argument is based around a stronger schedule creating a stronger team. Also, Pitt beat top 25 RPI UCONN today, which will push them over GTown.
                        Are you seriously going to attempt to argue that playing a tougher schedule does not prepare a team better for league play & tournament play?

Jamie Dixon is the only big time coach that actively seeks out the weakest schedule possible. Everybody else either scrambles to put together the toughest possible schedule (Tom Izzo, Coach K, Billy Donovan, Bill Self, etc etc) or at minimum tries to get two or three high quality games in before league play starts.

Now look at that list of coaches who do everything humanly possible to stack their schedules, and have a "play anybody, any time, anywhere" attitude, and compare their resumes to Dixon.

Are you saying Dixon is right and everybody else is wrong? Based on his goofy RPI spin that you tried to pass off here and everybody shredded to pieces?

Get lost.

And again, Pitt has a better overall record than Georgetown, blew them out of their own building, and are still behind them in RPI. How are you not understanding how your own coach screws your team every year? Instead of defending this dope, you should be upset that he never plays a decent schedule. But the homer is so strong, you just can't do it!

Comment

• Pitty
                          Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
                          • Feb 2009

Are you seriously going to attempt to argue that playing a tougher schedule does not prepare a team better for league play & tournament play?

Jamie Dixon is the only big time coach that actively seeks out the weakest schedule possible. Everybody else either scrambles to put together the toughest possible schedule (Tom Izzo, Coach K, Billy Donovan, Bill Self, etc etc) or at minimum tries to get two or three high quality games in before league play starts.

Now look at that list of coaches who do everything humanly possible to stack their schedules, and have a "play anybody, any time, anywhere" attitude, and compare their resumes to Dixon.

Are you saying Dixon is right and everybody else is wrong? Based on his goofy RPI spin that you tried to pass off here and everybody shredded to pieces?

Get lost.

And again, Pitt blew Georgetown out of their own building, and are still behind them in RPI. How are you not understanding how your own coach screws your team every year? Instead of defending this dope, you should be upset that he never plays a decent schedule. But the homer is so strong, you just can't do it!
                          How are you not understanding RPI, margin of victory doesn't matter, yet you keep bringing it up. Also, you don't understand that you need to build rapport among the team, and when you are starting two freshman, along with giving 20+ min to a transfer, you don't schedule powerhouses to shellack you in November.

Stack their resumes? Oh you mean the guy with 2 #1 seeds, 2 COY, and an Elite 8 in the past 4 years. I mean, it's clear to see the advantages of JTIII's year in year out tough scheduling, making it past the first weekend one time. "Oh my God, this coach made a bad schedule in November, I'll hate even though I don't care about or watch this team until Big East play starts anyway". Keep on derping, pal.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

How are you not understanding RPI, margin of victory doesn't matter, yet you keep bringing it up. Also, you don't understand that you need to build rapport among the team, and when you are starting two freshman, along with giving 20+ min to a transfer, you don't schedule powerhouses to shellack you in November.
                            The point is, you would think that if you took two teams from the same conference, of equal stature, and one not only had a better record than the other but also blew the other out on the road, that the team with the better record and head to head road win would have the higher RPI. Somehow that isn't the case. I wonder why.

Also, the second part of your post is just excuses. Since you keep dragging Georgetown into this to make your awful points, the Hoyas have zero seniors on the team and two freshmen in the rotation, and that didn't stop JT3 from scheduling tough teams. Same thing for Kansas last year, when they lost everybody and were expected to have a down year, same for Kentucky this year who have a relatively weak freshman class by Calipari standards and struggled against a rugged schedule early on.

There are times a coach should take the foot off the pedal a bit, but Pitt has an established program that has won for a long time so that excuse doesn't work. They are at a point where they are never truly rebuilding. Besides, Dixon never plays a tough schedule anyway so that reason makes no sense. It's not like this year is the anomaly (although granted, it might be his weakest ever).

Comment

• Pitty
                              Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
                              • Feb 2009

The point is, you would think that if you took two teams from the same conference, of equal stature, and one not only had a better record than the other but also blew the other out on the road, that the team with the better record and head to head road win would have the higher RPI. Somehow that isn't the case. I wonder why.

Also, the second part of your post is just excuses. Since you keep dragging Georgetown into this to make your awful points, the Hoyas have zero seniors on the team and two freshmen in the rotation, and that didn't stop JT3 from scheduling tough teams. Same thing for Kansas last year, when they lost everybody and were expected to have a down year, same for Kentucky this year who have a relatively weak freshman class by Calipari standards and struggled against a rugged schedule early on.

There are times a coach should take the foot off the pedal a bit, but Pitt has an established program that has won for a long time so that excuse doesn't work. They are at a point where they are never truly rebuilding. Besides, Dixon never plays a tough schedule anyway so that reason makes no sense. It's not like this year is the anomaly (although granted, it might be his weakest ever).
                              They were rebuilding last year, or did you forget Pitt's CBI season and 5-13 Big East record. The fact that he has the team where it is this season, with 2 starting freshman and a transfer making up 40% of the rotation, makes your point moot. You don't throw a team with no chemistry into the lion's den, it makes zero fucking sense. Do you realize that Pitt is still top 5 in both offensive and defensive efficiency through a third of Conference play? That's not a result of a weak schedule, it's a result of the team learning how to play together rather than being overrun when they have no chemistry and still searching for an identity. Also when a team finishes consistently in the Top 30 RPI at season's end, as was the case in all but last season, it makes criticizing his scheduling pretty retarded.

Thanks for comparing Pitt to Kansas and Kentucky, teams riddled with McD's All-Americans who are already NBA ready, as opposed to Pitt who brings in 75-100 players who can only succeed if they learn how to play together, and if it takes a cake schedule for a month to get them ready, so be it, I trust the guy with the best BE winning percentage OF ALL TIME.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

This is astounding.

I couldnt care less if Pitt had went 34-0 this season and finished #1 in RPI. It would still be a terrible schedule.

But here's the thing. I know your M.O. You are a notorious, notorious homer. You will never be fair, and you will defend this to death. You aren't even defending the schedule, youre simply defending the program. If Dixon played death schedules, you'd be defending that strategy. So honestly, this whole thing is a waste of time. You have no stance. You craft your opinion around whatever path your team chooses.

Comment

Working...