• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pitty
    Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
    This is astounding.

I couldnt care less if Pitt had went 34-0 this season and finished #1 in RPI. It would still be a terrible schedule.

But here's the thing. I know your M.O. You are a notorious, notorious homer. You will never be fair, and you will defend this to death. You aren't even defending the schedule, youre simply defending the program. If Dixon played death schedules, you'd be defending that strategy. So honestly, this whole thing is a waste of time. You have no stance. You craft your opinion around whatever path your team chooses.
    No I craft my opinion on results, and clearly the early schedule, although bad, didn't mean shit. Pitt is still going to be Top 50 in RPI come tomorrow morning and Top 25 in the polls. You can keep complaining about how Dixon always makes bad schedules, but it doesn't change the fact that you never watch Pitt unless they're playing a team in Navy and Gray anyway, so why are your jimmies all rustled? I don't care if you keep calling me a homer, you're still wrong about playing Bethune Cookman meaning anything after November 31st.

Comment

• Pitty
      Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
      • Feb 2009

Beat Cuse and the refs.

Comment

• Woy
        RIP West
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Pitty

Beat Cuse and the refs.
        lol

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Pitty
          Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
          • Feb 2009

I'll pose this question to the people who've posted in this thread. Do you hate Jamie more, who clearly tried to schedule weak to compensate for the ousting from the BE-SEC challenge and coming off a down year, or do you hate Thad Matta and Ohio State, who scheduled a bunch of tough games, sit at 26 in the RPI, #10 in the poll, yet are 1-5 against the RPI Top 25, and have just 2 wins in the top 50 RPI.

For comparison:

Ohio State:

RPI: 24
          vs. RPI 25: 1-5
          vs. RPI 50: 2-6
          vs. RPI 100: 7-6
          vs. RPI 200: 12-6

Pitt
          RPI: 30
          vs. RPI 25: 3-3
          vs. RPI 50: 4-4
          vs. RPI 100: 7-5
          vs. RPI 200: 12-5

Comment

• Senser81
            VSN Poster of the Year
            • Feb 2009

To answer your first question, No. Because its impossible for me to "hate Jamie more". He has taken over Gary Williams' position as "most annoying coach in NCAA bball".

Comment

• Pitty
              Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Senser81
              To answer your first question, No. Because its impossible for me to "hate Jamie more". He has taken over Gary Williams' position as "most annoying coach in NCAA bball".
              Never watched a Tom Crean game?

Comment

• Senser81
                VSN Poster of the Year
                • Feb 2009

Tom Crean's teams usually aren't the NCAA equivalent to the 1993 Knicks, so I give him a pass.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                  Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

To review this Pitt team:

Lost in 1st round of Big East Tourney and 1st round of the NCAA's.

Comment

• Senser81
                    VSN Poster of the Year
                    • Feb 2009

Still better than the current Pitt team, that didn't even qualify for its own conference tournament.

Comment

Working...