Jordan can beat LeBron but cant beat Kobe.........

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JeremyHight
    I wish I was Scrubs
    • Feb 2009

I love Jordan, easily the greatest player of all time, imo. But in a game of one on one, there are players who could beat him. That isn't a slight on Jordan, it is a completely different game than the 5 on 5 game that he dominated. However, a one on one game of Jordan against Lebron would not be in Jordan's favor. Lebron is just as fast, much bigger, just as good of a ball handler, and a very good defender. Intangibles obviously would go towards Jordan, however.

Lets be honest though, one guy is 6'8 250 and the other is 6'6 210 or so. Lebron is arguably more athletic than Jordan, and if not more athletic, they are equal. Lebron would win that matchup.

That being said... it really doesn't matter, it is like having Joe Montana and Peyton Manning run the old school QB challenge to determine who is the better QB.

Comment

• BigBucs
      Unpretentious
      • May 2009

Lebron is not as good of a ball handler as MJ.

Comment

• Villain
        [REDACTED]
        • May 2011

Originally posted by JeremyHight
        I love Jordan, easily the greatest player of all time, imo. But in a game of one on one, there are players who could beat him. That isn't a slight on Jordan, it is a completely different game than the 5 on 5 game that he dominated. However, a one on one game of Jordan against Lebron would not be in Jordan's favor. Lebron is just as fast, much bigger, just as good of a ball handler, and a very good defender. Intangibles obviously would go towards Jordan, however.

Lets be honest though, one guy is 6'8 250 and the other is 6'6 210 or so. Lebron is arguably more athletic than Jordan, and if not more athletic, they are equal. Lebron would win that matchup.

That being said... it really doesn't matter, it is like having Joe Montana and Peyton Manning run the old school QB challenge to determine who is the better QB.
        As a 49er fan who had a poster of Joe Montana on my wall when I was in pre-school...

Peyton Manning.
        [REDACTED]

Comment

• dell71
          Enter Sandman
          • Mar 2009

This post has it right, except I think LeBron would need to go on a serious diet to get to 250. The one thing MJ would have in his favor is he'd probably treat it like a matter of life or death where LeBron might not be so worked up about it. It's not that LeBron is any less of a competitor, but he seems to be a more selfless team guy. Without his squad on the floor with him, it probably wouldn't matter as much in his eyes whereas Mike would take a loss personally.

I'd much rather see MJ play Kobe because that's two guys with extremely similar skill-sets, demeanors, and outlooks on things. Plus with the way Kobe is obsessed with being...ahem...catching MJ things could get real testy. Think the father/son game from "Hoop Dreams" times a billion. I could see a fist fight breaking out.

Comment

• cuzzoz209
            Noob
            • Jan 2014

your damn strait, all time greats show all time greats respect

Comment

• Houston
              Back home
              • Oct 2008

No, Peyton Manning and Joe Montana at least play the same position.

Comment

Working...