Tavarris Jackson Request Trade

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buzzman
    • Oct 2008

Jackson sucks dick and I cant believe some poeple are thinking he might be good this season if the Favre thing didnt happen. Hes not an above average backup QB. Your backup QB is supposed tob e a filler and in those games all he has to do is not lose the game for you and thats what Jackson does. He loses games.

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
      Redsox
      • Oct 2008

I didnt think Tavaris Jackson was that bad last year. He has improved since he first came into the league and only turn the ball over 3 times in the nine games he played which isnt bad. He isnt really the quarterback you want to have the ball in his hands while down, but would you want it in Favre's hands also? I am pretty sure everyone remembers how when Favre collapse last year so did the Jets.

Comment

• SHOGUN
        4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
        • Jul 2009

I felt he was a project when he was drafted and I think the Vikings reached for him and later rushed him, but at this point I'm questioning how well he reads coverage because he has struggled throwing the ball while seeing the box stacked because of Peterson/Tayler and I that's not exactly a ringing endorsement of a quality starting QB. I think Tavaris' talent is still intriguing enough that SOMEONE will likely give him a chance if this happens. He's incredibly erratic, but some of the throws he made have been impressive and he finished the year on a positive note. The light seemed to be coming on - granted, it was against teams with terrible pass defense, but still.

Bringing in Favre at this stage in the career will negate that momentum because he knows he won't get chance to start this year until Favre crashes and burns like he always does late in the season. At this point, I feel that Favre is a lateral movement for the position AT BEST and would have left it up to Jackson and Rosenfaels to duke it out.

I also like how the Wildcat is the new catch all for all struggling black QBS...

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• cf24
          WESTBROOK
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by archer2k407
          Why dont we just lump a bunch of fast freaks in a team ....
          They're called the West Virginia Mountaineers.

Comment

• Nukleopatra
            Posts a lot
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Chadman
            lol minny. brett is destroying the future of every team he goes to. T jack was actually coming along as a qb towards the end of the year. I actually thought this year would be his year despite not having any good wideouts. Now that he doesnt have any job security, I doubt he will stay in minny for long. They get a qb for 1 year who wont win them a SB, and they lose a potential qb that can give you a solid 4-6 years.
            Wtf?

:uglyhammer:

Comment

• Anthony
              In Brendan we trust.
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Chadman
              lol minny. brett is destroying the future of every team he goes to. T jack was actually coming along as a qb towards the end of the year. I actually thought this year would be his year despite not having any good wideouts. Now that he doesnt have any job security, I doubt he will stay in minny for long. They get a qb for 1 year who wont win them a SB, and they lose a potential qb that can give you a solid 4-6 years.

Back to reality.

I can't think of any team that would actually benefit from picking him up.

One would think he'd love for Favre to come along and actually show him how to toss a pigskin.
              Last edited by Anthony; 07-19-2009, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Working...