No Homo
    • Nov 2008

yeah i didnt even look hahah

Comment

• RainboUnicorn
      No Homo
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Saluki
      I can't see the bears leaving this FA period without a veteran WR now that Coles, Housh and Harrison are all out there.
      I can. Its Jerry Angelo.

Comment

• zack54attack
        Posts a lot
        • Dec 2008

Heres who I want.. PLEASE JA atleast 1 of them..

Housh
        Dawkins
        Haynesworth (Maybe)
        Last edited by zack54attack; 02-26-2009, 11:01 PM.

Comment

• Bmore
          The True Free-Man
          • Oct 2008

-Combined The Bears Threads-

Comment

• FirstTimer
            Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Bears signed an OT. Frank Omiyale from Carolina. 4yrs around 10million. 6'4 315. Young guy and I like the pick up. Will prb end up as the starter at RT opposite Chris Williams.

Comment

• RainboUnicorn
              No Homo
              • Nov 2008

I'd like to see Housh with the Bears but I have a feeling hes going to be overpaid.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by RainboUnicorn
                I'd like to see Housh with the Bears but I have a feeling hes going to be overpaid.
                I wouldn't mind it but like you said we'd have to overpay for him. We don't need another Moose situation. I'd rather see us get a guy like Hakeem Nicks or Ramses Barden in the draft and insert Earl Bennett as the #2. We all know Hester will be the #1, even though IMO, he's not a #1 WR and never will be.
                If it were up to me for 2009 I'd have:

#1: Rookie WR(Nicks or Barden)
                #2: Earl Bennett
                #3: Devin Hester

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                  Beautiful Like Moses
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BigTen51
                  They need a short yardage back...Michael Pittman??? Bears Defense looks weak when our Defense cant even pressure the Qb. Were going to need a stud Safety if we cant get to the Qb. Bears need to be agressive and maybe pick up another 1st or 2nd round pick. I doubt they take a WR with the 1st pick but a late 1st rounder or early 2nd would be decent.
                  We have a pretty solid D-Line on paper and we do still blitz a lot, so its hard to figure out why we struggled pressuring the QB last year. I mean.. with Brown, Harris, Ogunleye, Anderson, Briggs, Urlacher.. these guys should be able to put some pressure and break the line some more. I think the defense is tired and beat up from many years of inefficiency on offense. A stud WR would help the sito tremendously, but as ive said before, the Bears dont like to put big dollars into wide receivers (minus Moose which obviously didnt work out). I think orton can be decent at QB with some help from the rest of his offense. Hes not a stud but he can manage games and he actually has a pretty big arm. Hester is making strides so we have to hope he continues to progress, same goes for Greg Olsen, but we need another guy. Firsttimer suggest Earl Bennet, I hope he pans out, but it remains to be seen. I want someone we know we can trust to catch 70 balls and get his 1000 yards. We havent had that in so long. And the O-Line needs some building badly. Hopefully the guy we got from Carolina can provide some help, and hopefully with a full year of training camp and all that, Chris Williams can show his potential. We got some talent on this team for sure.. and like all teams we got some gaps, too.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                    Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by BigTen51
                    They need a short yardage back...Michael Pittman??? .
                    I'd say more than a short yardage back(Forte will be fine) we need a scat back. *cough* Warrick Dunn *cough* or get Garrett Wolfe on the damn field!
                    Last edited by FirstTimer; 02-27-2009, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• Saluki
                      Ball So Hard
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Firsttimer

#1: Rookie WR(Nicks or Barden)
                      #2: Earl Bennett
                      #3: Devin Hester
                      2 very in experinced WRs as the 1 and two? Thats a recipe for failure, they need to bring in a veteran presence.

Also Bears signed OL Frank Omilaye from the Panthers.

Comment

• zack54attack
                        Posts a lot
                        • Dec 2008

I agree Saluki. You cant have 2 unproven guys at 1-2. I dont really want to see them overpay for TJ, which is what it would take to get him. I'd be fine with Bey or Harvin. our WR's arent going to be great this year. We got to face that. We need to build for the future.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                          Beautiful Like Moses
                          • Oct 2008

Id jizz if we got Harvin. I love that guy.

BTW I jizzed when we got Grossman too tho.. so take that for what its worth.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                            Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Saluki
                            2 very in experinced WRs as the 1 and two? Thats a recipe for failure, they need to bring in a veteran presence.

Also Bears signed OL Frank Omilaye from the Panthers.
                            Yeah because we saw what all the "veteren presence" of Marty Booker, Brandon Llyod, and Rashied Davis did for us last year. "Veteren presence" my ass. We just need better damn players whether they are rookies or are Red Grange back from the dead. Fact is this team isn't built to win next year. We can't go out and get what we need right away so we might as well start planning for 2-3 years down the road. Get some young guys, get them playing time and let them mature and grow.

Yeah I posted the Omilaye signing earlier this morning. He'll be our starting right tackle.
                            Originally posted by zack54attack
                            I agree Saluki. You cant have 2 unproven guys at 1-2. I dont really want to see them overpay for TJ, which is what it would take to get him. I'd be fine with Bey or Harvin. our WR's arent going to be great this year. We got to face that. We need to build for the future.
                            Wow, talk about contradiction at it's finest... Tou build for the future you HAVE to play unproven guys. And frankly unless you are one of the top few WR's on the Bears you don't see the field much because we use so many two TE's sets and use Greg Olsen all over the place in passing formations as well.
                            Last edited by FirstTimer; 02-27-2009, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                              Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
                              Id jizz if we got Harvin. I love that guy.

BTW I jizzed when we got Grossman too tho.. so take that for what its worth.
                              Meh. Harvin is a gadget player at the next level. He's basically a more offensively polished version of Devin Hester. Not really what we need at WR.

Maclin is the better WR prospect IMO for the NFL. I wouldn't be crazy about the Bears taking him b/c he's undersized but I'd like him better than Harvin.

I'm still hoping for Hakeem Nicks or Ramses Barden. They are the types of WR the Bears need. Big targets, can go up and win contested balls, red zone targets, create size mismatches on the outside. They are the type of guys that make QB's better by giving them larger margins of error on throws.
                              Last edited by FirstTimer; 02-27-2009, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• zack54attack
                                Posts a lot
                                • Dec 2008

Maybe JA should have gone after Dawkins

Comment

Working...