Seems the Raiders might be interested in Brooks too

THe MaDDeN GoD

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
      #DoSomething
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
      How so?

No playoffs the last two years, and a QB who folds up faster than a 7-2 offsuit in the 4th Q.
      Aside from some wacky play-calling by Sean Payton and a piss-poor defense they were pretty good last season. Their offense isn't too bad either. They go out and they hire Gregg Williams as defensive coordinator to help shore up the defense. Not saying they are going to be contenders, but, they have the make-up to be one.
      Maddon & Friedman: Pissing off the AL East since 2008

Comment

• DomePatrol
        Urdnot Style
        • Dec 2008

Yeah.

Where exactly is this team going? 15-17 the last two years, and a QB who pads stats in blowouts but chokes in the clutch nearly every time.

Brees had a 96 QB rating last year, but it dropped to something like 76 in the 4th Q, "late and close". Good for 22nd or 23rd in the league.

They score a bunch of points, give up a bunch of points, and win about 7 or 8 games. I don't see why that would change.
        I dont see how thats drew brees' fault.

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
          #DoSomething
          • Feb 2009

Brees had a 96 QB rating last year, but it dropped to something like 76 in the 4th Q, "late and close". Good for 22nd or 23rd in the league.
          QB rating in the 4th quarter: 95.3, 10 TD, 6 INT

QB rating in the 4th quarter within 7 points (ahead or behind): 91.9, 9 TD, 6 INT

QB rating in the 1st quarter: 74.7, 4 TD, 6INT

Maybe you meant the 1st quarter???

Comment

• DomePatrol
            Urdnot Style
            • Dec 2008

I just thanked a Bucs fan... I feel dirty now.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by RyanLeaf16
              QB rating in the 4th quarter: 95.3, 10 TD, 6 INT

QB rating in the 4th quarter within 7 points (ahead or behind): 91.9, 9 TD, 6 INT

QB rating in the 1st quarter: 74.7, 4 TD, 6INT

Maybe you meant the 1st quarter???
              No, I meant "late & close", just like I said (4th Q, +/- 7 points)

And it was 78.3, good for 22nd in the league. (Not sure where you got that 91.9, but it's wrong)

And when the Saints final losing margain was 1-8 points, it was even lower (71.5)

View the 2020 NFL season full splits for Drew Brees of the New Orleans Saints on ESPN. Includes full stats per opponent, and home and away games.

Most overrrated player in the league the last two years. Terrible in the clutch, but i'm sure you saw the second Buccs game last year, so yeah....

More disturbing, is his final 4th Q QB rating of 95.3. For it to be so low in close games, yet, be so high overall, indicated that Brees does the majority of his damage in blowouts, which is all i've been saying all along for the last year and a half on here and at MM. Empty stats.
              Last edited by Warner2BruceTD; 08-12-2009, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Point Blank
                Needs a hobby
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Dan The Man
                My first thought was Aaron Brooks
                lol +1.

That would be a good pickup for them. They could use come vets on D.

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                  #DoSomething
                  • Feb 2009

No, I meant "late & close", just like I said (4th Q, +/- 7 points)

And it was 78.3, good for 22nd in the league. (Not sure where you got that 91.9, but it's wrong)

And when the Saints final losing margain was 1-8 points, it was even lower (71.5)

View the 2020 NFL season full splits for Drew Brees of the New Orleans Saints on ESPN. Includes full stats per opponent, and home and away games.

Most overrrated player in the league the last two years. Terrible in the clutch, but i'm sure you saw the second Buccs game last year, so yeah....

More disturbing, is his final 4th Q QB rating of 95.3. For it to be so low in close games, yet, be so high overall, indicated that Brees does the majority of his damage in blowouts, which is all i've been saying all along for the last year and a half on here and at MM. Empty stats.
                  I don't know why you are getting so worked up over this. ESPN's numbers do not match NFL.com. They have Brees at 91.9 in the 4th quarter within 7 points. So one of the sites, either ESPN or NFL.com, has the incorrect numbers. The only numbers I saw that correlated with what you originally posted were from the 1st quarter.

The numbers on NFL.com show this as well:

QB rating when Ahead: 121.8
                  Ahead by 1-8 points: 110.1
                  Ahead by 9-16 points: 109.8

Behind: 86.8
                  Behind by 1-8 points: 71.5
                  Behind by 9-16 points: 84.9

Tied: 88.4

There is definitely some validity to what you are saying, but, I am willing to bet that there are other quarterbacks around the league with similar numbers. I wouldn't say they are all "empty stats" though.
                  Last edited by RyanLeaf16; 08-12-2009, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Working...