Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anthony
    In Brendan we trust.
    • Jun 2009

If you guys are in need of a great stream to this game, PM me & i'll provide you with one.

Let's Go Big Blue!

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
      True Blue
      • Feb 2009

jay alford carted off the field

apparently its a sprained knee. hope its nothing worse. alford is a big part of that D-line.

Comment

• Anthony
        In Brendan we trust.
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost56
        jay alford carted off the field

apparently its a sprained knee. hope its nothing worse. alford is a big part of that D-line.
        Yea that sucked, The good thing is we're not lacking depth in the D-Line.

Comment

• Rayman
          Spic 'n Spanish
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MattUM2
          Chris Canty has a torn Hamstring

Jay Alford torn MCL and slighty torn ACL
          I'm actually sad to hear that. The guy I spoke to yesterday actually said that the Giants thought he'd be out only a week, even with the tear.

And no, I don't relish seeing other players get hurt...even though Canty's done a fabulous job of running his mouth since he joined the Giants (looks like he fits right in lol).

If he misses significant time, that affects our compensatory pick. Oh well.

So much for that deep D-Line I keep hearing about.
          Last edited by Rayman; 08-24-2009, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
            True Blue
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by RayManHCP42

So much for that deep D-Line I keep hearing about.
            yeah that was one of the main goals of the off-season, d-line depth and now its pretty much all up in smoke. the d-line ran out of gas last year due to lack of depth and it was very easy to tell they werent the same dominant group that they were towards the beginning of the year, and i think thats the biggest reason the team sputtered out last year. even more-so than Plaxico being suspended. from all reports Alford really busted his ass in the offseason working with Osi and was one of the most highly touted players during training camp and was primed to have a breakout year. i was very much looking forward to seeing Alford this year, you knew watching him last year he was a very talented player right on the verge of being a dominant force. shame to see him go down like that, same with Canty.

Comment

• EmpireWF
              Giants in the Super Bowl
              • Mar 2009

Coughlin said Nicks will be in play when they go over the starting WRs because he made a play or two yesterday.

These wideouts have GOT to make some plays this year if they want to go anywhere. All of Eli's TD passes cannot be to just Jacobs, Bradshaw and Boss.

Comment

• strahanfan92
                Meat
                • Aug 2009

-Big Surprise, Tyree Cut

-Eli emotional about Tyree Cut

-Alford out for the season with ACL tear

-Rookie OT William Beatty impresses Giants' coaches
                Last edited by strahanfan92; 09-05-2009, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                  True Blue
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by strahanfan92
                  -Big Surprise, Tyree Cut

-Eli emotional about Tyree Cut
                  meh. tyree was a good special teams player nothing more. no way was he ever getting in the WR rotation

Comment

• strahanfan92
                    Meat
                    • Aug 2009

cosign, but back in the day like 3-4 years ago... dominant special teams player.. i swear to god this was the best punt coverage player i have ever seen, every feagles punt would be downed by tyree..

i agree though, no shot hes good enough for our WR core

Comment

• Anthony
                      In Brendan we trust.
                      • Jun 2009

Maybe this all changes with the Yankees in October, and even into November, and Joe Girardi pays off on the No. 27 he wears on his back and the Yankees finally win it all. You know if it happens like that there will be the perception in New York - but only in New York - that order has finally been restored to the universe.

But for now the only one of our coaches or managers to have won a championship in football or baseball or basketball is Tom Coughlin, coach of the Giants, who are still as big a game as we have around here, as big as the Yankees or anything else.

Since the last time the Yankees won the World Series, in 2000, that Subway Series over the Mets, the only local team (outside of hockey) to have won it all is Coughlin's. And Giant fans will always believe that if Plaxico Burress hadn't gone out on the town with an unlicensed gun in his possession last November, the Giants would have been the first New York/New Jersey football team to ever win two NFL championships in a row.

The Giants don't have the championships that the Yankees do. No one does. There is still a history and romance to the Giants, from the Polo Grounds to Yankee Stadium to Giants Stadium - and the move they will make across the parking lot next season - that is both rich and deep. The Giants have also won three Super Bowls since Phil Simms was 22-for-25 in Pasadena in January of 1987. No pro football team in that time has won more.

So for now, with the Giants as much of a favorite as anyone to make it back to another Super Bowl, in Miami, Coughlin is the guy all the other coaches and managers in town want to be. He has the title, he has the stature. He hasn't won the four World Series that Joe Torre won before he left for Los Angeles, and he will never be as good with the media as Torre was, because no New York coach or manager ever has been or ever will be.

But Coughlin, the last Giants coach Mr. Wellington Mara had a say in hiring, is different from Torre in this way: The tough times for him came BEFORE he won it all, same as they did with Bill Parcells. That means before Coughlin gave Giants fans as great a championship - and as great a championship run - as any of our teams has ever had in any sport, he got banged around all the time.

In that way, he is an even better model than Torre was for all those who have jobs like this, in New York or in Jersey: He took it all and survived and finally triumphed, 17-14, over the 18-0 Patriots in Glendale, Ariz., in the best Super Bowl of them all.

Mr. Mara and John Mara and Ernie Accorsi hired him. They all wanted him to be the guy. But when he came in for his interview, and it was like all the research he'd done on the Giants spilled out of him as soon as he got asked a question.

Accorsi would say later, "I told him afterward that he double-bogeyed the first hole. But then he came back."

And then the Giants couldn't win a game in the playoffs. And the only reason Tom Coughlin was still around to win that Super Bowl was because John Mara stood his ground, stayed with him, wouldn't let him go into the last year of his first Giants contract as a lame-duck coach, and gave him an extension. So much was made that year of how much Coughlin changed. What never changed was that he was a great football man.

"One of the best coaches I've ever worked with," Parcells said, and that was before the Giants beat the Patriots in Glendale.

The Yankees are covered like the company in a company town. Giants fans, and that includes young Giants fans, are just as passionate about their team. The Internet traffic about the Giants, in season and out, is a consistent wonder to those who monitor these things, on our Web site at the Daily News and everywhere else.

Now Coughlin's Giants try to do it again, without Burress, with the big young receivers general manager Jerry Reese has brought in to try to replace him. Only the season will tell if what Burress brought to Lambeau Field and University of Phoenix Stadium can ever be replaced.

"We will see," Coughlin said the other day. "Moving forward we will see."

He used to get it on the back page all the time. And on the radio. The coach of the Giants is always on the line, the way the quarterback of the Giants is, and you can ask Simms or Eli about that. He is on the line as much as the manager of the Yankees is. Girardi doesn't need to be Torre. Just Coughlin. Sometimes the surviving tells you more about these guys than the winning does.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                        True Blue
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MattUM2
                        traded michael matthews to patriots
                        for what

Comment

• Rayman
                          Spic 'n Spanish
                          • Feb 2009

for what
                          Think you got a 7th

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                            True Blue
                            • Feb 2009

anyone else going to the game this weekend? ill be there. section 315 wooooo. doesnt get much better than the home opener.

Comment

• Lumpkin
                              Lets go Mets
                              • Nov 2008

anyone else going to the game this weekend? ill be there. section 315 wooooo. doesnt get much better than the home opener.
                              Yep I'll be there, not sure were the seats are my friend got the tickets

Comment

• strahanfan92
                                Meat
                                • Aug 2009

not goin sunday my pops and brother are in section 128.. i'm goin to the game at new orleans, and some other ones at home after the cardinals game in late october i think the 25th...

last year was a great year for me, I went to:

Week 3 Overtime victory over the Bengals
                                Week 5 Plexless raping of the Seahawks
                                Week 9 Beatdown of the Cowbooys
                                Game of the year IMO Overtime victory over the Panthers for Home Field Advantage Week 16

Usually go to 2 if I'm lucky 3 games a year. Dad splits season tickets with old friend. This year we got every game except Oakland and Zona I believe..

I'm a huuuuuugggggeeeeeeee fan of cold weather games, like the colder/windier the better... Never been to a game where it was snowing during the game, can't wait though. Our seats are under the overhang in the lower tier so perfect for rain lol. Warm games don't give me that football feeling that cold games do.

Since this is a Giants thread, What is the best Giants game you guys have ever attended?

Comment

Working...