Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

Wow. I don't think anyone could have expected a performance like that. Besides the penalties, Eli's safety and the missed field goal....it was pure beauty.

- BIG PROPS to Brandon Jacobs who injected some much needed life into the team in the 2nd quarter with those runs.

- HAKEEM NICKS!!!!! How did nobody tackle him on the 2nd TD? Unbelievable. I love it.

- 4TH DOWN STANDS.....TWO OF THEM! Holy shit those were huge. The defense as a whole played the best game of the year so far.

41 yards rushing for Turner.
    5 catches for Roddy
    Under 10 yards per catch for Julio
    Gonzo a nonfactor

Up to Green Bay they go

Comment

• ram29jackson
      Noob
      • Nov 2008

I believe..who ever wins GB vs NY will also win the Super Bowl.

I dint give a hang about the Saints up to now

Comment

• EmpireWF
        Giants in the Super Bowl
        • Mar 2009

Big story to follow this week will be the status of Aaron Ross (concussion) and Deon Grant (groin).

Best pass rush in the world won't help if we're playing guys off the street.

Comment

• Champ
          Needs a hobby
          • Oct 2008

MarkHerzlich Mark Herzlich
          "#Tebow is the most famous white Bronco since OJ's car"

Comment

• EmpireWF
            Giants in the Super Bowl
            • Mar 2009

Greg Jennings tweeted

The team that kept us from our potential Super Bowl in 08 is back on OUR turf now. Trust me, we haven’t forgotten.

Comment

• jms493
              • Feb 2009

The giants played pretty good but oh lawd the Falcons looked flatter than pancakes.

Comment

• DJ Rhude
                #42 G.O.A.T.
                • Feb 2009

I'm all in

Comment

• jeffx
                  • Jun 2009

I still get nervous when Tynes lines up to kick a FG.

Comment

• DJ Rhude
                    #42 G.O.A.T.
                    • Feb 2009

Me too Jeff, I never feel comfortable when he kicks even tho he's made some big ones

Comment

• DJ Rhude
                      #42 G.O.A.T.
                      • Feb 2009

Comment

• EmpireWF
                        Giants in the Super Bowl
                        • Mar 2009

Though he didn’t return to Sunday’s victory over the Atlanta Falcons after suffering a head injury, Aaron Ross should be ready to play this weekend against the Green Bay Packers, according to someone informed of the Giants cornerback’s status.
                        The person, who requested anonymity because the team hasn’t made any declarations about Ross’ availability, said Ross didn’t have any concussion symptoms today. In fact, it’s unclear if Ross even suffered a concussion in the first place.

Ross went to the locker room after colliding with Jason Pierre-Paul as the two went for a loose ball that had been tipped by Chris Canty. A few minutes later, his wife Sanya wrote on Twitter that Ross hadn’t suffered a concussion. Sanya, an Olympic track star, then tweeted Ross wouldn’t be allowed back in the game, per NFL rules.

Coach Tom Coughlin said today Ross was undergoing tests. Asked if he had suffered a concussion, Coughlin said the team was treating it as if he had.

In short, all signs are pointing toward Ross’ return this weekend, which is a relief for the Giants because they’re so thin at cornerback after losing Terrell Thomas, Bruce Johnson, Brian Witherspoon and Justin Tryon to season-ending injuries. Rookie Prince Amukamara played well in relief of Ross against Atlanta, though as Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan said, the team protected him with safety help over the top for much of the game.

Comment

• bucky
                          #50? WTF?
                          • Feb 2009

Well, I obviously can't wish the Giants luck come Sunday. But, if the Giants win, I'll try and come back to this thread for a congratulations post.

I will wish your team good health though. Should be a good game with a good storyline with the 2007 playoff game not that long ago.

Comment

• ram29jackson
                            Noob
                            • Nov 2008

this is just one step down from a Pack-Bears rivalry game.

These 2 teams are oooollld NFL and still sporting traditional uni's. A classic match up

Comment

• DJ Rhude
                              #42 G.O.A.T.
                              • Feb 2009

Giants said today Ross should be able to play on Sunday

That may or may not turn out to be good news

Comment

• EmpireWF
                                Giants in the Super Bowl
                                • Mar 2009

Comment

Working...