Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ram29jackson
    Noob
    • Nov 2008

what ever..the Giants are classy competitors and they may still beat up their division. But after that, its a down year.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
      True Blue
      • Feb 2009

tonight!

lets go big blue

Comment

• Lumpkin
        Lets go Mets
        • Nov 2008

Disappointing but what are you going to do when your down to your 5th string CB. I felt like they stuck to the run a little to much in this game and when they switched to a little more aggressive up tempo offense they had better success (i.e. the first touchdown drive).

Not punching it in after that Boley INT was pretty bad, although the minute he got dragged down you could almost feel that coming.

Comment

• EmpireWF
          Giants in the Super Bowl
          • Mar 2009

For fuck sake....

Game was there for the taking and they just couldn't do it.

Why did the corners give the Cowboys receivers SO MUCH RESPECT, did they ever bump and run? Those slant routes were absolute murder.

Dez Bryant...guy may have a $.10 head, but holy shit is he good. He absolutely owned Corey Webster tonight.

Nice to see JPP still be his 'ol disruptive self. Watching him bulldoze the interior linemen was awesome. A solid game from Joseph and Bernard.

I don't want to say the rushing defense was bad because it seemed like Murray was able to just prolong some plays that ended up breaking their back. That one run where he was nearly brought down and survived for a huge gain was just a head scratcher.

Romo had at least 5 productive passes and/or scrambles where he looked to be dead to rights, only to pick up the yardage. Ridiculous.

David Wilson, what the fuck.

Glad to see Ahmad Bradshaw pick it up in the second half, the run blocking was piss poor. He had a few runs in the 2nd half which showed his burst in the open field so I'm optimistic for him this season. Those ankles though....

VICTOR CRUZ, what the fuck?!

Martellus Bennett had a solid game. The TD catch was nice, he had a drop or two on what seemed like routine passes. Appears to be an above average blocker, so maybe he won't be a total joke.

Michael Coe getting injured, if they had no luck, it'd be better than what they have. Not going to say they win if he stays in the game because the Giants DBs were getting torched the entire half.

And on that drive after Boley returned the INT inside the 5. I don't care that the refs didn't give Cruz the benefit of the holding call. HOW DO YOU NOT SCORE A TD with 3 tries in that spot? For as much as the team was lifted by the early 4th down stop...it was deflating to be held to 3 points in that spot.

While this loss sucks major league balls...it's still just week 1. Giants have lost an early game here or there and still managed to do well. I'll chalk up a lot of the cobwebs to this being week 1. Tampa comes to town next week, they should crush those fuckers.

----------

Line of the night from Coughlin:

"There won't be any more blowing smoke up (the players') rear ends."

Comment

• Champ
            Needs a hobby
            • Oct 2008

On the drive with the Victor Cruz hold the offensive line played like shit.

Comment

• Champ
              Needs a hobby
              • Oct 2008

Transcripts after the game

RB David Wilson

September 5, 2012

Q: What happened on the fumble?
              A: Ball came out.

Q: Did you not see him?
              A: No. I saw him. I mean it just happened, fumbles. Can’t let it happen no more though.

Q: Were you hoping to get another carry after the fumble?
              A: Yeah. When you fumble, you want to put it behind you and move forward with the game, but I didn’t get another offensive play in. It’s hard to put it behind you when that’s the last play you can remember, but I understand the coaches… I know I didn’t have much room for error being a rookie and then having a critical error like that, like a turnover. You just live and you learn and you move forward.

Q: Does that fumble shake your confidence?
              A: Not at all. I was waiting for my next opportunity out there today and those just came on kickoff returns and I did the best I could on those.

Q: It looked like you were very upset as soon as you fumbled when you walked off on the sideline there.
              A: Yeah. I definitely was.

Q: What emotions are you feeling when you’re sitting there watching your teammates play?
              A: Just hoping that they can come back and get the win and I was just watching them and supporting them…

Wilson video
              New York Giants: The official source of the latest Giants headlines, news, videos, photos, tickets, rosters, stats, schedule, and gameday information

RB Ahmad Bradshaw
              September 5, 2012

A: We’ve just got to stay strong up front and just attack the holes as running backs and take what’s given to us. They had a great scheme early. We just have to go back to the locker room and then talk it out and we came out in the second half strong.

Q: Can you talk about what happened on first and goal after the interception?
              A: They had a great scheme. They filled the inside. It was a kind of an off tackle play. They were able to get leverage on us.

Q: How is to have to wait to play so long and then have a game like this?
              A: We know we’ve got to keep fighting. We know we’ve got a great team. Defense, they were playing strong early and our offense just has to complement them with it. We had a lot of mistakes. Things we can just go back to the books and make up, but we feel confident that we still have a great team. This loss is just a wakeup call for us and we’ll get ready next week.

Q: What can you say about David Wilson after he fumbled?
              A: I’ve been in the same position. Just keep his head up and focus on holding the ball a little more in practice and through the week. I’ve been in that position. It’s a tough play as a toss play. Getting around the edge, a lot of guys coming from the inside, unblocked, running full speed and gets a nice hit on him and it’s hard to take that hit. I told him keep his confidence up, keep his head up and keep fighting. He’ll be all alright. All it takes is a little work, a little extra thinking.

Comment

• steeljake
                6 rings...
                • Oct 2008

fuck man... I was counting on you Big Blue!!! I fucking hate Dallas...

23:33 OnlyOneBeerLeft: jake nobody listens to you aint you supposed to die from cancer or somethin soon?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                  True Blue
                  • Feb 2009

that running game....

pretty disappointing game...surprised it ended up being that close.

Comment

• jms493
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost56
                    that running game....
                    just like last year...

Comment

• DJ Rhude
                      #42 G.O.A.T.
                      • Feb 2009

Besides the team we lost to was the hated Cowboys, I'm not even that upset......they needed that loss to wake up, last year is over

Secondary issues the exact same as last year......guys off the street playing who have no business starting......when the pas rush is there, we can hide that, but if not, we know the results

Comment

• jeffx
                        • Jun 2009

So fucking disappointed.....game was right there for the taking. I knew they were in trouble when they were stopped on the goal line.

Comment

• Palooza
                          Au Revoir, Shoshanna
                          • Feb 2009

i'm still hurting from this loss. still another week+ before we can get any redemption, too. Just need Sat and Sunday to roll around and get this nasty taste out of my mouth.

Comment

• bucky
                            #50? WTF?
                            • Feb 2009

I know this won't turn a loss into a win, but even with the pain of losing to Dallas, the Giants are still SB champs at the very least until next February. You guys have the ultimate in bragging rights for now. I hope to get that back in GB. Looks like both the NFC East and NFC North could have really competitive divisions this year.

Comment

• ram29jackson
                              Noob
                              • Nov 2008

what are you worried about ? they still have a chance to go 9-7 and win it all again

Comment

• jms493
                                • Feb 2009

beating Dallas is one of the few things I look forward to in life..........

Romo played well and made the big plays when it came down to crunch time. I would rather he stay in the pocket and throw, cause when he scrambles and buys time, someone will get open.

The Giants looked unprepared and not ready....this is one the games they should have won. Their schedule is very hard....going 9-7 would be a good season.

Comment

Working...