X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Epidemik
    Commitment to Excellence
    • Jul 2009

In all Honesty...

If Jamarcus Russel continues to falter this season and shows little to no signs of improvement, that the Raiders go QB Rd 1 or 2 next year or try and pick up someone's solid backup (Vick)?? or do they stick it out for another year or two?? It really is starting to get really frustrating...

• mgoblue2290
    Posts too much
    • Feb 2009

You guys should just wait a couple years and draft Terrelle "Everybody kills people" Pryor.

Comment

• DSpydr84
      I need a sub
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Epidemik26
      If Jamarcus Russel continues to falter this season and shows little to no signs of improvement, that the Raiders go QB Rd 1 or 2 next year or try and pick up someone's solid backup (Vick)?? or do they stick it out for another year or two?? It really is starting to get really frustrating...
      I can understand why people are impatient but the guy is playing with two rookie receivers and from what I've seen they're really not helping the guy out. I know he misses a few throws, everybody does, but most of his interceptions look like his receivers fault from what I've seen.

I think a little of the blame can go on the offensive play-calling too. Say what you want about the guy's ability, there's no way he can't hit half his throws.. the Raiders aren't really giving him a chance. I know they want to stretch the defense with their speed and throw the ball vertically down the field, but if you have a young quarterback, you have to expect that to take some time. You're killing the kid's confidence when you ask him to throw 20+ yard passes all the time and he's not hitting the mark.

Giving up on Russell and getting a new guy in there really wouldn't change much unless both receivers REALLY progress and the play-calling gives the quarterback a chance to be successful. The Raiders would be better served utilizing the running game, throwing the ball short to their speedy receivers and letting them run after the catch, and throwing the deep pass in moderation. I bet Russell would do just fine in that offense.

Comment

• citizenerased
        Rugby World Cup Champion
        • Mar 2009

I personally thought Lane Kiffin was doing an alright job with Oakland, no idea why the crypt keeper canned him.
        Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

• Goober
          Needs a hobby
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by DSpydr84
          I can understand why people are impatient but the guy is playing with two rookie receivers and from what I've seen they're really not helping the guy out. I know he misses a few throws, everybody does, but most of his interceptions look like his receivers fault from what I've seen.

I think a little of the blame can go on the offensive play-calling too. Say what you want about the guy's ability, there's no way he can't hit half his throws.. the Raiders aren't really giving him a chance. I know they want to stretch the defense with their speed and throw the ball vertically down the field, but if you have a young quarterback, you have to expect that to take some time. You're killing the kid's confidence when you ask him to throw 20+ yard passes all the time and he's not hitting the mark.

Giving up on Russell and getting a new guy in there really wouldn't change much unless both receivers REALLY progress and the play-calling gives the quarterback a chance to be successful. The Raiders would be better served utilizing the running game, throwing the ball short to their speedy receivers and letting them run after the catch, and throwing the deep pass in moderation. I bet Russell would do just fine in that offense.
          I take it you haven't watch Jamarcus play this year. I've watched all three games, he's terrible.

Comment

• Goober
            Needs a hobby
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by glenwillett
            Because he disagreed with him.. Guy probably shouldn't have been hired anyway. You don't see many college OC's going straight to the NFL to be a head coach for a reason. Still anyone is better than Tom Cable.
            Art Shell?

Comment

• Goober
              Needs a hobby
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by glenwillett
              Anyone... Don't make me go get Heisman and his inside information he pays for to tell you what an asshole Lane Kiffin is and why Al Davis is the smartest 900 year old man alive. I'll fucking do it, don't push me...
              He's been actively posting at OS for the last week.

Comment

• Saluki
                Ball So Hard
                • Oct 2008

I don't think its too late for Jamarcus to still become a legit QB in this league, but if he stays in Oakland it will never happen

Comment

• St. Francisco
                  45-35 Never Forget
                  • Feb 2009

There will never be a head coach in Oakland that is worth a damn...those guys are successful because they have control of their teams, and Al Davis isn't willing to relinquish that kind of control. So enjoy Tom Cable...and his puppet master.

Comment

• Bear Pand
                    RIP Indy Colts
                    • Feb 2009

Jamarcus is never gonna be a good QB unless he completely changes his attitude. People have pointed out how it seems like he never works on his game during the offseason, he shows up overweight to training camps and I doubt he works hard in the film room or in practice. He walks around in fur coats looking like Young Jeezy.

Scust. They need to get rid of this guy. LiquidRob said it best:

Originally posted by Liquidrob

Had bust written all over him before he was drafted, didnt work hard at LSU, got drafted number 1 because he just threw the ball as far as far as he could against slow ND DBs in a bowl game
                    Last edited by Bear Pand; 10-01-2009, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• longhornfan
                      Carpe Diem
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Killa Pand
                      He walks around in fur coats looking like Young Jeezy.

This picture always made me LOL

Comment

• steeljake
                        6 rings...
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DSpydr84

spydr i respect you, but yea... i'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you here...

while he could use some coaching, and it is very true he will never get it in oakland, the man couldn't hot the broad side of a barn. steve young, who i feel is the biggest ass in sports annoucers/analyst opined on that first MNF that accuracy is not taught, but just natural. I am not 100% in agreement with him,but every time i see russel he just throws it as hard as he can and it isnt within 20 yards of where it needs to be. IMO this is part of what is wrong with the current system they have for rookie's getting paid. Russel is set for life and he will probably join Leaf and Akli Smith in bust central very soon. The only that can help this kid is if he gets out of Aakland now, or Al Davis dies.

23:33 OnlyOneBeerLeft: jake nobody listens to you aint you supposed to die from cancer or somethin soon?

Comment

• Shayn•Da•Pain
                          Laughs Unlimited
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by longhornfan
                          This picture always made me LOL

The funniest picture of Russell is his look alike in the look alike thread. Train Wreck
                          sigpic

Comment

• Epidemik
                            Commitment to Excellence
                            • Jul 2009

I've always said give him time and wait till Chaz gets back but i mean..
                            Yes he's gone through what 3 coaches already, if he doesn't improve by mid season,
                            Al Davis is gonna be shouting get him the fuck out of here.

Comment

• jaxjaggywires
                              Eradicator!!
                              • Feb 2009

Russell is horrible...even if he gets better, he's still going to be a below average QB. He never should have been taken #1 overall, but then again, this is the Raiders we're talking about.

Finish the season, and look for a replacement...however, as long as Davis is interfering in the football decisions, this franchise will continue to flounder.
                              ...in my pants
                              Fred Taylor for the HOF!
                              Facebook - Twitter

Comment

Working...