X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deviant
    Yes, please.
    • Nov 2008

So... about Eli and not having Plax...

Isn't it funny that people were talking about how Eli was going to struggle without Plax and having "no receivers" and Steve Smith currently leads the NFL in receptions, receiving yards, and receiving TDs? Smith and Manningham are Top 10 in receiving yards, combining for nearly 750 receiving yards and 6 TDs. Apparently, Eli is a lot better than just throwing high passes to Plaxico all the time.

Back at it, yet again. Sign up here!
  • Tailback U
    No substitute 4 strength.
    • Nov 2008

Eli is elite. End of story.

He is getting better and better each season. It is only a matter of time before he is a top 3 QB in this league.

Comment

• Champ
      Needs a hobby
      • Oct 2008

Im a homer.

Comment

• Primetime
        Thank You Prince
        • Nov 2008

He's kinda okay at teh quarterback spot

Comment

• ralaw
          Posts too much
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Deviant
          Isn't it funny that people were talking about how Eli was going to struggle without Plax and having "no receivers" and Steve Smith currently leads the NFL in receptions, receiving yards, and receiving TDs? Smith and Manningham are Top 10 in receiving yards, combining for nearly 750 receiving yards and 6 TDs. Apparently, Eli is a lot better than just throwing high passes to Plaxico all the time.
          Its funny you waited until week 4 to make this thread also. Eli is proving that he is a great QB, but I'd also say Steve Smith is also proving that he can handle being a #! WR, which up until this season had never been. I believe most people were making their opinion on the Giants collapse after Plex's arrest.

Comment

• DSpydr84
            I need a sub
            • Oct 2008

Isn't it funny that people were saying Denver didn't know what they were doing? Isn't it funny that a lot of people had Tennessee winning their division?

This is the NFL. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Comment

• jeffx
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Deviant
              Manningham had three drops, so the book is still out on him. He'd better watch out, or Nicks will take his spot. And Eli has developed a nice chemistry with Smith.

We'll see what these cats do when the schedule gets tougher.

Comment

• jms493
                • Feb 2009

This is no surprise........Plexy and Shockey can be nothing but a pain in the ass to young QBs.

With those guys gone Eli is a leader and you have 3-4 young WRS all fighting for jobs......perfect situation for Manning right now. These guys are playing to prove them selves right now!

Comment

• jeffx
                  • Jun 2009

I guess Barden must not be impressing the coaches in practice.

Comment

• Senser81
                    VSN Poster of the Year
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by DSpydr84
                    Isn't it funny that people were saying Denver didn't know what they were doing? Isn't it funny that a lot of people had Tennessee winning their division?

This is the NFL. Nothing surprises me anymore.
                    And isn't it funny that its only Week 4?

Comment

• Derrville
                      Dallas has no coaching...
                      • Jul 2009

Im not knocking the guy cause im very high on Eli even though im a Cowboys fan, but when you play Washington, Tampa, Dallas, and Kansas City, your gonna look fucking amazing with the shit defenses those teams have.

Comment

• strahanfan92
                        Meat
                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by jeffx

Nah I don't necessarily think it's this.. He came from a small school and I think they wanna warm him up to the NFL and not just plugging him in there right away. I don't think many people predicted him to be an impact this season whereas Nicks would step in and be a factor being from UNC.

Comment

• Champ
                          Needs a hobby
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by jeffx
                          You got to understand that he is coming from a small college in a lesser football skilled conference. Its a big transition. Sure Colston did it, but it is less likely for a small time WR to become an impact quick.

BTW Barden is impressing the coaches. He is a very smart WR and is well spoken. He is just having trouble adapting to the NFL.

Comment

• kbpsu
                            next year.
                            • Mar 2009

Well, looks like Eli is making me eat my words. I thought he was a chump but hes doing real well this year. G-men are looking like the class of the NFC.

...so far :D
                            RIP HK, JJ

Comment

• jeffx
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Bullsfan
                              Manningham>Plax, thats why Eli is doing so well.
                              Slow down there, son. Have you forgotten Plax's performance during our Super Bowl run? When Manningham does it in big games, then we can talk.

Comment

Working...