• Mar 2009

Robert Brooks, ftw.
    VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• young2rice
      Rockstar
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by bucky
      Like I said, it's not the number of ints that bother me, it's the playoff ints that do.
      Do the same thing with playoff ints, and include Starr in your list. Let's see where Brett ends up.. He (Brett) had some of his biggest brain cramps during some of the biggest games.
      Okay - (i didn't realize you only played 1 game despite winning in early nfl, weird so basically there was 1 playoff round hah that must've made things easier)

J.Kelly - 1.65 - 17 games
      O.Graham - 1.42 - 12 games
      W.Moon - 1.40 - 10 games
      T.Bradshaw - 1.37 - 19 games
      S.Baugh - 1.33 - 6 games
      D.Marino - 1.33 - 18 games
      B.Favre - 1.27 - 22 games
      K.Warner - 1.18 - 11 games
      P.Manning - 1.13 - 15 games
      J.Unitas - 1.11 - 9 games
      J.Elway - 0.95 - 22 games
      J.Montana - 0.93 - 23 games
      T.Brady - 0.71 - 17 games
      B.Starr - 0.33 - 9 games

Hmm so maybe...
      1) Montana
      2) Elway
      3) Favre
      4) Brady
      Last edited by young2rice; 10-07-2009, 03:17 PM.

^^^ Fixed Link Finally!

My Band's Myspace - Validus

Comment

• RainboUnicorn
        No Homo
        • Nov 2008

Yo Brett I'm real happy for you and imma let you finish, but Peyton Manning is going to be the best quarterback of ALL TIME!

But really when it is all said and done I think Peyton Manning will be the best quarterback of all time.

Comment

• MrBill
          Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by young2rice
          Okay - (i didn't realize you only played 1 game despite winning in early nfl, weird so basically there was 1 playoff round hah that must've made things easier)

W.Moon - 1.40 - 10 games
          S.Baugh - 1.33 - 6 games
          B.Starr - 0.33 - 9 games

Hmm so maybe...
          1) Montana
          2) Elway
          3) Favre
          4) Brady
          That is also skewed by the 6 INT game against the Rams when the Packers were down early and Favre was throwing against 8 DB's. You can't take that out of the totals but without that one game, Favre is within a tenth of a point of Montana and Elway. Hardly the reputation that a lot of people try to hang around his neck.

Comment

• ram29jackson
            Noob
            • Nov 2008

Green was a beast running the ball and as a receiver out of the back field, HOF or not. Brett still had a GREAT running game behind him, w/ a dominating OL.

Knock Green for his fumbles, but excuse Brett for playoff ending ints. Typical.

Ignore the other big changes NYJ's made during that off season.

You credit Brett for all the successes and blame everyone else for the failures. I'll give Brett credit, and also blame.

He's HOF. One of the greatest, but not close to GOAT. Far too many playoff brain farts.

haha he simly is the greatest of all time ! purely because he owns all the stats ! argument over-

Comment

• bucky
              #50? WTF?
              • Feb 2009

I thought Lombardi's GB teams had more than one playoff game each year. Are you sure there was only one playoff round?

W.Moon - 1.40 - 10 games
              S.Baugh - 1.33 - 6 games
              B.Starr - 0.33 - 9 games

Hmm so maybe...
              1) Montana
              2) Elway
              3) Favre
              4) Brady
              Not quite sure how you looked at this list.

B. Starr 0.33 (5 championships) >>>>>>>>>> B.Favre - 1.27 (1 championship)

I'll give you Montana, Elway and Brady. There performances in big games look impressive.

B.Starr - 0.33 - 9 games

But where you get B. Favre as 4) is beyond me.
              B.Favre - 1.27 (1 championship)

EDIT: Thanks for doing the research!!!!!!!!
              Last edited by bucky; 10-08-2009, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• bucky
                #50? WTF?
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ram29jackson
                haha he simly is the greatest of all time ! purely because he owns all the stats ! argument over-
                haha, argument is not over. Regular season stats only carry so much wait in GOAT. Clutch games (playoffs) are very important.

If I'm looking for regular season success over a long period of time, I'm looking for B. Favre. If I'm looking for a run through the playoffs, then B. Favre is not anywhere near the top of my list.

Argument still ongoing.

Comment

• bucky
                  #50? WTF?
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MrBill
                  That is also skewed by the 6 INT game against the Rams when the Packers were down early and Favre was throwing against 8 DB's. You can't take that out of the totals but without that one game, Favre is within a tenth of a point of Montana and Elway. Hardly the reputation that a lot of people try to hang around his neck.
                  Come on Mr. BIll. The playoff failures have been documented many times. We don't need to list them again. His playoff performances have been sub par. He's not GOAT.

Comment

• MrBill
                    Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                    • Feb 2009

I thought Lombardi's GB teams had more than one playoff game each year. Are you sure there was only one playoff round?
                    Bart Starr's Playoff Record as Starting QB: 1960 (0-1), 1961 (1-0), 1962 (1-0), 1965 (2-0), 1966 (2-0), 1967 (3-0)

Before the merger, you just had NFL championship game at the end of the regular season. No multiple rounds with wildcards, etc.

Not quite sure how you looked at this list.

B. Starr 0.33 (5 championships) >>>>>>>>>> B.Favre - 1.27 (1 championship)

I'll give you Montana, Elway and Brady. There performances in big games look impressive.

B.Starr - 0.33 - 9 games

But where you get B. Favre as 4) is beyond me.
                    B.Favre - 1.27 (1 championship)

EDIT: Thanks for doing the research!!!!!!!!
                    Bart Starr is an all time great, I don't think anybody denies that. That said, he did play in an era where the forward pass was still used as a supplement to the run and not as a primary means to move the football which resulted in huge change in the way defense was played (big meat eating run stopper DB's vs. faster smaller guys in the modern era). Starr's passing attempts for the prime of his career were around 250 per year and Favre's are more like 550. Not completely apples to apples considering Starr's 14 game season and Favre's 16 game seasons but we are talking a factor of 2X.

Again, the 6 INT game against St. Louis skews the heck out of that playoff INT per game percentage. Without it, Favre is smack in the middle of Montana and Elway. There is no way the Packers were going to beat the "Greatest Show on Turf" on the road the year they went on to win the Superbowl. Slinging it was the only chance the Packers had since St. Louis was going to score 35+ a game on any defense in the league at that time. For purposes of these all time comparisons, I suppose Favre should have just went Dilfer and thrown screen passes and tossed it out of bounds instead of trying to keep up with the Rams on the scoreboard.

Comment

• Blade
                      Walking SAM site
                      • Feb 2009

I will add something similar to what has been said in this thread already.

Brett Favre is/will be the ultimate gamer, he rivals Jordan when it come to gametime. He keeps punching away and is almost always successful. I don't think he is ahead of Unitas as a QB. Favre has never been the most accurate QB in the league. Montana definitely beats him for second. Then Favre comes in as a close third.

1) Unitas - Put up numbers that took years to break with players that had less than half the skills of players today.

2) Montana - Arguably the most accurate QB and the most successful (championships)
                      3) Favre - Longevity, skills, and Guts & Glory.

Comment

• FedEx227
                        Delivers
                        • Mar 2009

I don't think it was that Jordan was a "gamer", he was/is the most talented basketball player of all-time. He was really, really good. Of course it appeared that he was "rising to the occasions" but doesn't that do a bit of disservice to his actual skill?
                        VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• ultfrisbee
                          • Dec 2008

Where will P Manning fit in this?

Comment

• jeffx
                            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Blade
                            Brett Favre is/will be the ultimate gamer, he rivals Jordan when it come to gametime. He keeps punching away and is almost always successful. I don't think he is ahead of Unitas as a QB. Favre has never been the most accurate QB in the league. Montana definitely beats him for second. Then Favre comes in as a close third.

I wouldn't put Favre on Jordan's level. Joe Montana yes, Favre, no. Much as I hate his ass, Jordan was money come playoff time. Montana, Jordan, Tiger Woods, Ali - that's the cream of the crop. Favre would be on the next level, IMO.

Comment

• bucky
                              #50? WTF?
                              • Feb 2009

Bart Starr's Playoff Record as Starting QB: 1960 (0-1), 1961 (1-0), 1962 (1-0), 1965 (2-0), 1966 (2-0), 1967 (3-0)
                              Playoff record 9-1

Bart Starr is an all time great, I don't think anybody denies that. That said, he did play in an era where the forward pass was still used as a supplement to the run and not as a primary means to move the football
                              And if you look at the years when they won the 3 consecutive championships, GB's running game declined. Horning and Taylor were gone and much of the offensive burden lay on Starr's passing.

Starr also did it during a time when the rules didn't GREATLY favor PASSING and OFFENSE, like it does today.

Look at Starr's playoff td/int ratio again. And look at ALL the games that Brett threw the playoff game ending int.

Again, the 6 INT game against St. Louis skews the heck out of that playoff INT per game percentage. Without it, Favre is smack in the middle of Montana and Elway. There is no way the Packers were going to beat the "Greatest Show on Turf" on the road the year they went on to win the Superbowl.
                              BS. St L had a great offense, but they had like the 25th ranked defense. And Brett throws 6 ints. No excuse for it. Not GOAT.

Starr >>>>>> Favre in playoffs. No question about it. Favre's not GOAT unless you're only talking regular season..

Comment

• Senser81
                                VSN Poster of the Year
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Blade
                                1) Unitas - Put up numbers that took years to break with players that had less than half the skills of players today.
                                Actually, Fran Tarkenton broke almost all of Unitas' major records in 1975...2 seasons after Unitas had retired in 1973.

Comment

Working...