X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maynard
    stupid ass titles
    • Feb 2009

jon gruden is great

not because he took the bucs to a SB win, not because he looks like a horror flick guy, not because he yelled at his kids in a SB commercial, not because he is a great coach

but because he always makes ron jaworski look like a moron. I am so sick of these dumb ass color guys who played in another century talking like they are experts of todays game. People like that fagit ass fossil Tom Jackson who is no longer a happy looking guy on set and is now always sporting this i am better then you scowl on his face. Or retards like jaworski who has been trying to make the same point for 20 years, that being a balanced attack....yes we know, 50% run and 50% pass is balanced. Thanks

well once again he makes his dumb ass self known and gets shown up by gruden. 3rd and 10 from their own 10 with a minute left in the half. He says, this is what happens when you dont have a dynamic passing game. The dolphins do not have a dynamic passing game.

Gruden comes back with....its 3rd and 10 from your own 10, i dont care what kind of passing game you have, there isnt much you can do
    gruden is refreshing and great to listen to in the booth
    Last edited by Maynard; 10-12-2009, 09:07 PM.
  • ram29jackson
    Noob
    • Nov 2008

people from any era who played the game understand football. It doesnt matter what the new schemes may be or anything else. the fact is you dont understand tv presentation. it is prime time and they will from time to time make basic football comments for minor fans or new watchers. They plan ahead who will take what side of a discussion / commentary to give various views. The game is really no different in scheme , especially on offense than it was 30 years ago. the concepts and principles still apply. There is nothing new under the sun and Ron is an ex player who still knows the game. But holds back a majority of that for short winded tv time intervals.

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
      • Feb 2009

Youre both right.
      Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Over the years, Tom Jackson has become a self important, aloof asshole who spouts the same drab opinions on every team and every player. We get it, run the ball and play defense. That's the only way to play according to Tom Jackson, despite teams like the Rams and the Colts and the Pats proving otherwise at various points during the last decade.

Jackson sucks, and along with Chris Berman, is the reason all of these ESPN shows are utterly unwatchable.

Comment

• Rayman
          Spic 'n Spanish
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
          Over the years, Tom Jackson has become a self important, aloof asshole who spouts the same drab opinions on every team and every player. We get it, run the ball and play defense. That's the only way to play according to Tom Jackson, despite teams like the Rams and the Colts and the Pats proving otherwise at various points during the last decade.

Jackson sucks, and along with Chris Berman, is the reason all of these ESPN shows are utterly unwatchable.
          Worth noting that Chris Carter pisses me the hell off sometimes too.

Comment

• Maynard
            stupid ass titles
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ram29jackson
            people from any era who played the game understand football. It doesnt matter what the new schemes may be or anything else. the fact is you dont understand tv presentation. it is prime time and they will from time to time make basic football comments for minor fans or new watchers. They plan ahead who will take what side of a discussion / commentary to give various views. The game is really no different in scheme , especially on offense than it was 30 years ago. the concepts and principles still apply. There is nothing new under the sun and Ron is an ex player who still knows the game. But holds back a majority of that for short winded tv time intervals.
            are u stoned? 30 years ago teams would run 2 WR sets on 3rd and 10. now they run 5 wide on 3rd and 1......the game has totally evolved from 30 years ago.

but that wasnt really the point to my post. It was more about the refreshing outlook a guy like gruden provides

Comment

• jms493
              • Feb 2009

Dennis Miller FTW!

Comment

• Senser81
                VSN Poster of the Year
                • Feb 2009

I am amazed at how many annoying ex-players ESPN has in their pregame/postgame shows. Tom Jackson was a very good LB, but he was an incredibly whiny player. If I had to name my 3 most hated players of the last 20 years, they would be Cris Carter, Meshawn Johnson, and Michael Irvin. Guess what...all 3 are on ESPN!

Comment

• jms493
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Senser81
                  I am amazed at how many annoying ex-players ESPN has in their pregame/postgame shows. Tom Jackson was a very good LB, but he was an incredibly whiny player. If I had to name my 3 most hated players of the last 20 years, they would be Cris Carter, Meshawn Johnson, and Michael Irvin. Guess what...all 3 are on ESPN!
                  that is true.......those guys were bitch players. I really dont take any stock on what any of these assholes say.

Comment

• FedEx227
                    Delivers
                    • Mar 2009

I honestly think ESPN's NFL coverage is god awful. I turned it on the other day to see a panel of Chris Berman, Mike Ditka, Keyshawn Johnson and Cris Carter.
                    :bizzaro:
                    VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Maynard
                      stupid ass titles
                      • Feb 2009

Irvin is now on NFL network. He is teamed up with dion sanders who is equally annoying. i actually enjoyed watching their highlight show. Except for the fact that sanders wont shut up and makes annoying little 1 liners. Its not even to break it down, its just him thinking out loud

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                        #DoSomething
                        • Feb 2009

Jake Delhomme will be well on his way to Bristol after his career is over then. That guy is a fuckin' whiny bitch. All he does is piss and moan to the officials when things don't go his way.
                        Maddon & Friedman: Pissing off the AL East since 2008

Comment

• Deviant
                          Yes, please.
                          • Nov 2008

I hate Gruden's announcing. He's always saying positive things about everything and he sucks off every player so hard.

Back at it, yet again. Sign up here!

Comment

• EmpireWF
                            Giants in the Super Bowl
                            • Mar 2009

Gruden is a great color guy. Much better than the other fools they have had in the spot.

Comment

• Point Blank
                              Needs a hobby
                              • Oct 2008

I don't mind Gruden at all. I think he fitted in real nice.

Comment

Working...