Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KINGOFOOTBALL
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Senser81
    I have a copy of the actual broadcast of Super Bowl X between the Cowboys and Steelers. The booth was Summerall and Tom Brookshier. So, late in the game, Terry Bradshaw avoids a an all-out blitz then heaves the ball to Lynn Swann for the game-winning TD. Summerall's call was "Bradshaw...drops back...to Swann...touchdown Steelers."

Awesome!
    lmao...love it. Least he was consistent. A pre season FG had as much impact as a championship catch in his eyes.

Originally posted by Maynard
    your talking about fundimentals. Of course none of that has changed. A curl is still a curl and post is still a post. thats not the discussion

If you dont think football is far more advanced today then it was 30 years ago then there is no point on you watching football anymore.

lol @ mentioning tackles.
    The playbooks are..the game isnt. Thats what youre not getting. Its not like these guys dont comprehend whats going on, which is what you seem to be insinuating.
    You think if he was around announcing Bill Walsh would have less of an understanding of the game and WCO than Gruden just because Gruden is fresh and recent ?

Again difference between stubborn and failing to understand.
    Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• chubbz
      • Feb 2009

jaws is good for replays and analyzing teams but his commentating is annoying. the guy who started this off is right. gruden puts him in his place every week, but hes not trying to, it just happens. jaws always tries to attack gruden with some off hand remark or facial expression(when they show them talking). kornhieser(or whatever) was always on jaws' nuts and agreeing with everything he said. he had to go. i like how gruden give tho exaggerated comments its fun. and for the record gruden knows way more about todays game than jaws.
      EAGLES!!!! 13-3 :pepsi:
      sigpic

Comment

• ram29jackson
        Noob
        • Nov 2008

and for the record gruden knows way more about todays game than jaws.[/QUOTE]

thats an ignorant statement made by a young person who knows nothing about reality.

Comment

• KoRnStARr
          Noob
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
          Over the years, Tom Jackson has become a self important, aloof asshole who spouts the same drab opinions on every team and every player. We get it, run the ball and play defense. That's the only way to play according to Tom Jackson, despite teams like the Rams and the Colts and the Pats proving otherwise at various points during the last decade.

Jackson sucks, and along with Chris Berman, is the reason all of these ESPN shows are utterly unwatchable.
          Actually he hadn't been proven wrong.

The Colts won the SB through a run game and defense. Manning was along for the ride. 3 tds, 7 INTs during that run.

The Pats won their rings with clutch QB play but mainly defense and a balanced offense attack.

Tom Jackson is fine. He knows the game and he's right -- the ground game and defense is STILL what wins SBs.

ALI QUICK

Indianapolis 08 MC Winner, G4 TV Madden Chal Series
          Madden Nation 09 contestant
          Madden 11 EA MC/VG finalist $25,000 tournament

Comment

• Deviant
            Yes, please.
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Maynard
            not because he took the bucs to a SB win, not because he looks like a horror flick guy, not because he yelled at his kids in a SB commercial, not because he is a great coach

but because he always makes ron jaworski look like a moron. I am so sick of these dumb ass color guys who played in another century talking like they are experts of todays game. People like that fagit ass fossil Tom Jackson who is no longer a happy looking guy on set and is now always sporting this i am better then you scowl on his face. Or retards like jaworski who has been trying to make the same point for 20 years, that being a balanced attack....yes we know, 50% run and 50% pass is balanced. Thanks

well once again he makes his dumb ass self known and gets shown up by gruden. 3rd and 10 from their own 10 with a minute left in the half. He says, this is what happens when you dont have a dynamic passing game. The dolphins do not have a dynamic passing game.

Gruden comes back with....its 3rd and 10 from your own 10, i dont care what kind of passing game you have, there isnt much you can do
            gruden is refreshing and great to listen to in the booth

Originally posted by Lahey
            Gruden's good - he keeps it real (i.e. "Gruden comes back with....its 3rd and 10 from your own 10, i dont care what kind of passing game you have, there isnt much you can do") and knows his stuff better than most colour guys.
            Originally posted by EmpireWF
            Gruden is a great color guy. Much better than the other fools they have had in the spot.
            Originally posted by Point Blankâ„¢
            I don't mind Gruden at all. I think he fitted in real nice.
            Originally posted by Liquidrob
            and he says stuff like 'Fresh as a daisy!', he is ok in my book

I'm curious to see what the opinion is now considering that most of VSN can't fucking stand him. Also funny that I was the only one to come to this conclusion when the thread was made:

Originally posted by Deviant
            I hate Gruden's announcing. He's always saying positive things about everything and he sucks off every player so hard.

Back at it, yet again. Sign up here!

Comment

• Bmore
              The True Free-Man
              • Oct 2008

I'll take the Thursday Night Football commentators > all

Comment

• steeljake
                6 rings...
                • Oct 2008

gruden is better than kronhieser and thiesman.

23:33 OnlyOneBeerLeft: jake nobody listens to you aint you supposed to die from cancer or somethin soon?

Comment

• FedEx227
                  Delivers
                  • Mar 2009

He's better than Kornheiser, no doubt... but that's not a hard task.

I don't think he's better than Thiesman though, Gruden unbearable and gives no actual analysis in the booth.
                  VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Mogriffjr
                    aka Reece
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
                    He's better than Kornheiser, no doubt... but that's not a hard task.

I don't think he's better than Thiesman though, Gruden unbearable and gives no actual analysis in the booth.
                    interesting enough, i don't think he's there for analysis.

They have Jaws being the guy who does MOST of the analyzing. Gruden is moer of the guy they turn to get a feel for how the games going, how a certain player is playing (aka hypeman)...playing the role that miller and kornheiser played but Gruden is better in this aspect because he was a coach in the league.
                    Originally posted by Nick Mangold
                    Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate.

Comment

• FedEx227
                      Delivers
                      • Mar 2009

It's just too much sometimes. It's like they aren't watching the same game. Normal tackles turn into "Boy Jaws, that Craig Steltz right there, way to make a great open field tackle, that was a great play" I have no problem making a big deal out of stuff that is great plays, but it seems like he's on overdrive the entire broadcast to make every single play twice what it should be.

Your point about him being a coach is exactly what I'm trying to say though, they have a guy who doesn't need to be in there for the drooling, mouth-breathers and can actually give some damn insight. Unfortunately, he's too busy interviewing for his next job and making sure he's not stepping on any toes... so instead we get a 2 hour love fest for everything NFL. He hasn't said a negative thing about a single player or team yet this year. There's really no reason to even have him in the booth then, he's not doing anything you or I couldn't do.
                      VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Maynard
                        stupid ass titles
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Deviant
                        I'm curious to see what the opinion is now considering that most of VSN can't fucking stand him. Also funny that I was the only one to come to this conclusion when the thread was made:
                        interesting.....i love the guy and think he is great. i didnt know vsn all hated him now. i wonder why

Comment

• Hasselbeck
                          Jus' bout dat action boss
                          • Feb 2009

Love Gruden, but all the haters will be happy after next year when he goes back to coach.

And LOL at whoever said Bob Papa and Matt Millen are the best tandem out there.. those guys are god awful.
                          Originally posted by ram29jackson
                          I already said months ago that Seattle wasn't winning any SB

Comment

Working...