X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liquidrob
    Izzy is a bum
    • Feb 2009

he was lazy in college, never showed up big with all that talent around him

guy made millions off throwing it as far as he can against slow ass Norte Dame DBs and letting his track star WRs go catch it in a bowl game, Al Davis just picked him so he can have a QB with 99 THP in Madden
    Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• Nukleopatra
      Posts a lot
      • Nov 2008

Black.

Comment

• Raidersabc123
        Wakka Wakka
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Liquidrob
        he was lazy in college, never showed up big with all that talent around him

guy made millions off throwing it as far as he can against slow ass Norte Dame DBs and letting his track star WRs go catch it in a bowl game, Al Davis just picked him so he can have a QB with 99 THP in Madden
        I have been saying this for years Al Davis drafts for madden
        THe MaDDeN GoD

Comment

• jaxjaggywires
          Eradicator!!
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
          LOL @ them thinking Bruce Gradkowski is any better.

Shoulda kept Jeff Garcia.. perfect veteran leader behind a combustible young QB. He would've been starting weeks ago.
          Didn't want Russell looking over his shoulder, I'm sure...of course, he's had to anyway to see all the defensive players running the ball the other way.

How can someone so inaccurate have started this long at QB in the league?
          ...in my pants
          Fred Taylor for the HOF!
          Facebook - Twitter

Comment

• citizenerased
            Rugby World Cup Champion
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Firsttimer
            BusBoyIsBack

Famous for his line

"Vick can literally throw while running"

as well as

"Vick has the ability to one day be as accurate as Peyton Manning"

He was also all over Pat White's nuts.

Basically any black QB not named McNabb was his idol.
            He also posed the question that has tormented man since the dawn of time.

Michael Vick - Best QB to ever play in the West Coast Offence?
            Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

• Bear Pand
              RIP Indy Colts
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by dave
              No one in their right mind would give up a day one draft pick for Russell.
              The Raiders woul....oh nevermind he plays for them.

The most amazing thing to me is that his college coach Nick Saban was telling recruits like Pat White that Russell was terrible, yet somehow Russell conned NFL scouts into thinking he was good. I wonder how high he would've went had the Raiders not drafted him?

Comment

• Cryolemon
                English Dolphins Fan
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by ron burgandy
                Ki-Jana Carter?
                Are you the same ron burgandy that posts on this board?

Comment

• Tailback U
                  No substitute 4 strength.
                  • Nov 2008

I think The Raiders have like 100 million tied up in Huff, Russell, McFadden, and Heyward-Bey. lol..

I mean, how can the Raiders not draft a QB this year? Isn't this year's class considered "qb heavy" with Bradford, McCoy, Tebow, whoever else? Though I'm not sold on McCoy or Tebow at all, they'd be light years better than what we have now.

Good move by Cable, especially since he's probably gonna get canned once the season is over. I'd bet good money that he doesn't like Russell at all.
                  Last edited by Tailback U; 11-19-2009, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• Cryolemon
                    English Dolphins Fan
                    • Dec 2008

I'm not sure Tebow will even play QB in the NFL. I think someone may try to turn him into an RB.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                      Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by blitzrique
                      What are you doing in Iowa FT? You should hook up with RosettaStoned's ex-meth whore wife. And why don't you post in the Locker Room/[SoapBox] anymore? Yes it's a worthless waste of time, but it's well worth that worthless waste of time.
                      I've lived in Iowa for about a year now. Living with the fiancee.

As far as his ex wife goes I just hope my marriage to her goes better than Rosetta's.

Honestly, I'd post here more but VSN is blocked at my office and the powers that be here have refused to get a workaround domain for the issue that works.

Comment

• Derrville
                        Dallas has no coaching...
                        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by jaxjaggywires
                        Didn't want Russell looking over his shoulder, I'm sure...of course, he's had to anyway to see all the defensive players running the ball the other way.

How can someone so inaccurate have started this long at QB in the league?
                        Either way im sure Jeff Garcia is sitting at home loling at the Raiders.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                          Probably owns the site
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Firsttimer
                          I remember at MM when BBIB accused me of being a racist because I reported a scout saying Russell was lazy....and he really wasn't that good at LSU...and would have trouble adjusting to the pro game because of the watered down attack he used at LSU.
                          LOL, I was almost as bad. I remember arguing you for pages in that Sugar Bowl thread. I still say his stock was high the whole year, simply because I was tracking it and he made a jump to top ten around midseason.

I was definitely way wrong about him so far, it looks like he sucks. From what I've heard about the guy, I wouldn't be surprised if substance abuse is playing a huge part in both his weight and his lack of work ethic. He doesn't smoke bud from what I hear, but he heavily fucks with another purple-tinted depressant prevalently abused in the TX/LA area.

Comment

• Raidersabc123
                            Wakka Wakka
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Killa Pand
                            The Raiders woul....oh nevermind he plays for them.

The most amazing thing to me is that his college coach Nick Saban was telling recruits like Pat White that Russell was terrible, yet somehow Russell conned NFL scouts into thinking he was good. I wonder how high he would've went had the Raiders not drafted him?
                            He wouldn't have fell out of the top five
                            THe MaDDeN GoD

Comment

• FirstTimer
                              Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Raidersabc123
                              He wouldn't have fell out of the top five
                              People were saying the same thing about Quinn....

Comment

• FirstTimer
                                Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE13
                                LOL, I was almost as bad. I remember arguing you for pages in that Sugar Bowl thread. I still say his stock was high the whole year, simply because I was tracking it and he made a jump to top ten around midseason.

I was definitely way wrong about him so far, it looks like he sucks. From what I've heard about the guy, I wouldn't be surprised if substance abuse is playing a huge part in both his weight and his lack of work ethic. He doesn't smoke bud from what I hear, but he heavily fucks with another purple-tinted depressant prevalently abused in the TX/LA area.
                                What's odd is if you go back and look at draft information and projections from before the year Russel was like a 3rd-4th Round guy. He stayed that way a majority of the season....then LSU started taking the ball out of his hand, running the ball 35-40 times a game, only throwing it 25 times or so a game and started winning.. Russel then somehow became "good" all of a sudden to people..even though LSU's strategy and own scouting told them the opposite.

Then the Sugar Bowl all of a sudden turned into Quinn vs Russel for the top pick in the draft/top Qb taken..how the hell that happened I have no idea. It seemed like noone paid attention to LSU until they were winning and assumed this huge freak of a player with a cannon arm was the difference when it wasn't. He goes on and plays an unimpressive Sugar Bowl against an overmatched defense and all of a sudden he's the top pick?

I'd still love to sit down with a scout and ask them what Russell was showing at the end of the year that made him a Top 10 pick compared to what he was showing prior to the season/in the early season when he was being projected at somewhere around the 3rd-4th round.

Comment

Working...