Well i thinkit's clear who the Notre Dame players want as their coach next year...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sportsbuck
    Buckeye For Life
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by <3PEYTONHILLIS<3
    The Michigan AD said Rich Rod will be back. But if the AD gets fired for what a terrible hire he made I could see that changing quickly.
    Michigan's AD is retiring in September next year. Why would they make a change now to have a new AD come in to deal with a different coach he didn't choose?

Next year RR has to show MAJOR improvement, I.E. 9-10 wins to save his job.

Comment

• FirstTimer
      Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by <3PEYTONHILLIS<3
      A better message to send to the administration would be to win a big game for a change...
      Couldn't agree more. It was just a neat gesture by the team.

Originally posted by JeremyHight
      They sure aren't playing like they want him around next year.
      They did for 1qtr..then tanked. Story of this team. Easily the most frustrating season of being a Notre Dame fan in my entire life.

Originally posted by Hasselbeck
      Can't wait to see Urban Meyer and Brian Kelly play the Irish for new contracts with their own schools .. should be great fun.
      I don't want Urban Meyer anywhere near Notre Dame's campus. He's a slime ball.

Originally posted by Sportsbuck
      FWIW.... just passing on what I've read/heard.

ND is throwing the bank at Urban Meyer and Bob Stoops... if they both decline they are going to offer the job to Gary Patterson at TCU and he will accept.

Brian Kelly is not a candidate.
      Oddly, that's the exact opposite of what I am hearing from everyone in South Bend. I'm hearing a lot of Brian Kelly, then the next group of guys getting whispers are Gruden, Ferentz and Stoops. I haven't heard Meyer's named mentioned once.

*EDIT* I've heard Barry Alvarez's name mentioned(once) more than I have Meyer's name..
      Last edited by FirstTimer; 11-22-2009, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

They come out showing such team unity and devotion to the guy who recruited them and they play the way they did and lost to UCONN...

double jonesy worthy

Triple jonesy worthy is that Weis finished his ND career with a worse winning % then Bob Davie AND Ty 'the dumbest man on the planet' Willingham.

Notre FAIL.

Comment

• Prodigal Son
          The Greatest
          • Feb 2009

Weis should have kept Willingham to recruit. Probably would have won more games with Willinghams players then his own.

Comment

• FirstTimer
            Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Prodigal Son
            Weis should have kept Willingham to recruit. Probably would have won more games with Willinghams players then his own.
            Willingham should have kept Davie to recruit............would have won more games with Davies players than his own.

Comment

• FirstTimer
              Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Larry

Triple jonesy worthy is that Weis finished his ND career with a worse winning % then Bob Davie AND Ty 'the dumbest man on the planet' Willingham.

I don't think anyone(ok, I persoanlly didn't) ever thought Ty was the dumbest man alive/on the planet/etc. I have the utmost respect for Willingham in a lot of ways. He was a class act and a great guy. Just not a very good football coach..and never really bought into everything that being the coach of ND entailed. Then again that would have been tough for him to do IMO because he knew he was the 3rd choice for that job. Gruden turned it down, the O'Leary mess, then Willingham was hired.
              Last edited by FirstTimer; 11-22-2009, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by blitzrique
                Why?
                The players he recruits and the trouble they get into I don't want anything like that associated with Notre Dame football.

Comment

• Vinsane
                  • Nov 2008

Do you really think Urban would leave Florida for ND?
                  25-02, 23:16 Yawkey Way celtics fucking suck

Comment

• FirstTimer
                    Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Vinsane
                    Nope.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

Notre Dame would need to make that near $5M/yr offer (highest paid coach in college football) + concessions about admissions and maybe...just maybe Urban takes it...but the odds are good he uses it to either parlay it into a big raise to stay at UF, or there is a chance he bounces to the pro game...I think at least a strong flirtation process this winter ala Billy Donovan flirting with the Magic and Kentucky...

In the end, I think Notre Dame is better off hiring themselves one of the best "search committees" in the biz and hoping they can find a perfect fit...Davie/O'Leary/Ty/Weis have all been facepalms and I have to think that ND is prepared with 15-20M to find themselves the coach that finally gets them back into the title picture (buyout Weis + new coach salary).

Comment

• FirstTimer
                        Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Larry
                        Notre Dame would need to make that near $5M/yr offer (highest paid coach in college football) + concessions about admissions and maybe...just maybe Urban takes it...but the odds are good he uses it to either parlay it into a big raise to stay at UF, or there is a chance he bounces to the pro game...I think at least a strong flirtation process this winter ala Billy Donovan flirting with the Magic and Kentucky...

In the end, I think Notre Dame is better off hiring themselves one of the best "search committees" in the biz and hoping they can find a perfect fit...Davie/O'Leary/Ty/Weis have all been facepalms and I have to think that ND is prepared with 15-20M to find themselves the coach that finally gets them back into the title picture (buyout Weis + new coach salary).
                        I would agree with this assessment.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                          Probably owns the site
                          • Feb 2009

He'd have to be a mad man. He's a grease ball, and the guidos of Gainesville love him. Not to mention the good weather guarantees great recruiting results for the Gators.

The long grass of the Indiana sticks sounds pretty shitty after a weekend with the co-eds on University Ave. If you're a recruit, it's a slam dunk decision. It is the same for a coach. Players win games, and there will never be a shortage in Florida.
                          Last edited by NAHSTE; 11-22-2009, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                            Highwayman
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE13
                            He'd have to be a mad man. He's a grease ball, and the guidos of Gainesville love him. Not to mention the good weather guarantees great recruiting results for the Gators.

The long grass of the Indiana sticks sounds pretty shitty after a weekend with the co-eds on University Ave. If you're a recruit, it's a slam dunk decision. It is the same for a coach. Players win games, and there will never be a shortage in Florida.
                            Notre Dame and Florida definitely attract student-athletes at different ends of the spectrum.

In this day and age of college football, recruiting Notre Dame is harder than say it was...30 years ago...20 years ago...hell...10 years ago. National Recruiting is a lot harder than it was back then and it is becoming more localized by the year because the exposure teams receive regardless of geography.

Schools like Notre Dame, Tennessee, Nebraska will have tough being consistently elite in this landscape. Should that task be completed, that coach is truly special.

If you look at the schools consistently at the top...they are buried in elite, fertile recruiting grounds.

Comment

• Nukleopatra
                              Posts a lot
                              • Nov 2008

I never buy into this garbage. It's always a nice thing to see, but once Weiss is canned, you'll have about three or four players come out and start talking shit about him.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                                Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Nukleopatra
                                I never buy into this garbage. It's always a nice thing to see, but once Weiss is canned, you'll have about three or four players come out and start talking shit about him.
                                And more than likely it will be guys that are buried on the depth chart who are pissed over not playing.

Comment

Working...