102nd Backyard Brawl: #8 Pitt (9-1) @ West Virginia (7-3)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pitty
    Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
    • Feb 2009

102nd Backyard Brawl: #8 Pitt (9-1) @ West Virginia (7-3)

LET'S GO PITT!

Please fix title, weed under keyboard.
    Last edited by Pitty; 11-24-2009, 01:18 PM. Reason: shitty laptop
  • Leftwich
    Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

If WVU loses this game I hope we fire Bill Stewart.... I never wanted that mother fucker as our coach.

Originally posted by Tailback U
    It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• Pitty
      Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
      • Feb 2009

30 Minutes!

Comment

• Woy
        RIP West
        • Dec 2008

MOUNTAINEERS!

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Vinsane
          • Nov 2008

Well, if Cincy wins I'll be 2-3 on my Pittsburgh loses out prediction. 2 out of 3 isn't bad, right?
          25-02, 23:16 Yawkey Way celtics fucking suck

Comment

• jHammack
            Noob
            • Feb 2009

It's funny how many Pitt haters are here on this board. Pitt gets a little success and the haters come out even when their team and conference sucks so bad.

Pitt played like shit tonight. Stull cost the team at least 10 points and gave WVU the tying field goal at the half. However, I think Pitt got screwed on that first down call, but just my opinion I think he was a yard short and Pitt should have got the ball. But even when Stull sucks, our team lost by a field goal against a very good (When they don't turn the ball over) WVU team.

I'd still take the top 3 or 4 teams of the big east vs any of the little 10 teams.

Comment

• Chrispy
              Needs a hobby
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by jHammack
              It's funny how many Pitt haters are here on this board. Pitt gets a little success and the haters come out even when their team and conference sucks so bad.

Pitt played like shit tonight. Stull cost the team at least 10 points and gave WVU the tying field goal at the half. However, I think Pitt got screwed on that first down call, but just my opinion I think he was a yard short and Pitt should have got the ball. But even when Stull sucks, our team lost by a field goal against a very good (When they don't turn the ball over) WVU team.

I'd still take the top 3 or 4 teams of the big east vs any of the little 10 teams.
              How are there so many pitt haters? theres only like 5 posts in this thread.

Comment

• jHammack
                Noob
                • Feb 2009

There are more in the cb i'm just saying it's funny how Pitt has so many haters.

Comment

• Sportsbuck
                  Buckeye For Life
                  • Dec 2008

LOL don't be mad because you lost to an average team with a shitty coach. WVU is not a very good team... This is a team that had to fight off Liberty in the 4th quarter. They are an average football team and have proven as such all season.

B10 > Big East

The top team in the Big East struggled with a 3-8 Big Ten team..
                  Last edited by Sportsbuck; 11-28-2009, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• Chrispy
                    Needs a hobby
                    • Dec 2008

There are more in the cb i'm just saying it's funny how Pitt has so many haters.
                    Every team has so many haters.

Comment

• jHammack
                      Noob
                      • Feb 2009

6 Touchdowns by the starting QB was struggling? Are you high? The Big 10's leader before Stanzi got hurt (Iowa) struggled with Northern Iowa... So stfu you fucking homer. And not to mention the fact that Illinois has been playing much better than it started and if you don't think they would play every team in the Big 10 tough than you've lost your mind. If they played the way the played the last couple of weeks they'd be 3 or 4th in the Big 10 easy.

I'm mad we lost, but I'm over it. It's just funny the haters surface after we lose. West Virginia is far from an average team. Have they played average in games, yeah but didn't Navy give Ohio State all it could handle? yeah don't fucking talk about losing to average teams.. Ohio State lost to USC = Average and they lost to Purdue (BELOW average). West Virginia is a solid team in a better conference than the Big 10.

Comment

• Archer
                        Go the fuck outside
                        • Oct 2008

6 Touchdowns by the starting QB was struggling? Are you high? The Big 10's leader before Stanzi got hurt (Iowa) struggled with Northern Iowa... So stfu you fucking homer. And not to mention the fact that Illinois has been playing much better than it started and if you don't think they would play every team in the Big 10 tough than you've lost your mind. If they played the way the played the last couple of weeks they'd be 3 or 4th in the Big 10 easy.

I'm mad we lost, but I'm over it. It's just funny the haters surface after we lose. West Virginia is far from an average team. Have they played average in games, yeah but didn't Navy give Ohio State all it could handle? yeah don't fucking talk about losing to average teams.. Ohio State lost to USC = Average and they lost to Purdue (BELOW average). West Virginia is a solid team in a better conference than the Big 10.
                        This is exactly why Pitt/BE has haters

Comment

• Chrispy
                          Needs a hobby
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Sportsbuck
                          LOL don't be mad because you lost to an average team with a shitty coach. WVU is not a very good team... This is a team that had to fight off Liberty in the 4th quarter. They are an average football team and have proven as such all season.

B10 > Big East

The top team in the Big East struggled with a 3-8 Big Ten team..
                          That maybe true because you have Ohio State and Penn State and Iowa (before Stanzi was hurt) but the Big 10 has been around alot longer and has more teams.
                          Last edited by Chrispy; 11-28-2009, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• Sportsbuck
                            Buckeye For Life
                            • Dec 2008

Okay then, I'll break down point by point why you are fucking wrong.
                            6 Touchdowns by the starting QB was struggling? Are you high?
                            First off, what the fuck are you talking about here?
                            The Big 10's leader before Stanzi got hurt (Iowa) struggled with Northern Iowa... So stfu you fucking homer.
                            Very true that they did struggle with Northern Iowa... and yet I'm pretty sure Ohio State won the conference crown.

And not to mention the fact that Illinois has been playing much better than it started and if you don't think they would play every team in the Big 10 tough than you've lost your mind. If they played the way the played the last couple of weeks they'd be 3 or 4th in the Big 10 easy.
                            LOL. Right, I forgot, barely beating 6-6 Minnesota and beating up on 5-7 Michigan is truly the mark of a good team. Newsflash: There's a reason why Illinois sucks, their defense is ranked in the 90s. In two games against ranked teams prior to the Cincy game, they got outscored 65-17. There is no justification whatsoever you can give for Illinois, 3-8 Illinois who went 2-6 in the Big Ten and finished in 9th place, scoring 36 against the top team in the Big East.

Ohio State shut Illinois out 30-0. They had 88 passing yards, and 82 rushing yards. Juice Williams threw for only 77 yards and we picked him twice. He averaged 1.2 yards per carry.

Cincinnati won a shootout 49-36. Illinois put up 476 total yards, 307 passing and 169 rushing. Juice Williams threw for 282 yards and 3 TD's, and added over 6 yards per carry and a TD on the ground.

Illinois is still the same team they were at the begininng of the season.
                            I'm mad we lost, but I'm over it. It's just funny the haters surface after we lose. West Virginia is far from an average team. Have they played average in games, yeah but didn't Navy give Ohio State all it could handle? yeah don't fucking talk about losing to average teams..
                            LOL @ this comparison. First off, we beat Navy, you lost to West Virginia. This fucks up this comparison completely you stupid twat.

Second off, Navy is 8-3. West Virginia is 8-3. West Virginia beat one ranked team. Navy beat one ranked team. Yeah, they are such different teams. Face it, you lost to an average fucking team.
                            Ohio State lost to USC = Average and they lost to Purdue (BELOW average). West Virginia is a solid team in a better conference than the Big 10.
                            - USC is definately above average considering they beat 3 ranked opponents.
                            - Yes, Purdue is below average. But, guess what, using your comparison from earlier about West Virginia and Navy, I guess Purdue is pretty awesome because they almost beat Oregon!!
                            - Pitt lost to NC fucking State... NC State is definately below fucking average I mean for Christ sake they went 5-7 this year.

So, to summarize: Ohio State lost to #20 USC (7-3, wins over 3 ranked opponents), and Purdue (5-7, 7th overall in the B10). Pitt lost to West Virginia (8-3, 1 win over ranked opponent), and NC State (5-7, 10th overall in the ACC, 5th in the ACC Atlantic Division).

Comment

• Sportsbuck
                              Buckeye For Life
                              • Dec 2008

And the Big East is definately not better than the Big 10.

Since I'm feeling sporty here, I'll at least put the two top teams (Ohio State and Cincy) on equal footing.

Ohio State = Cincinnati

Penn State, Iowa > Pitt, West Virginia

Wisconsin, Northwestern > Rutgers, South Florida

Michigan State > UCONN

Purdue, Minnesota, maybe Illinois > Louisville

Michigan, Indiana, Illinois > Syracuse

But come bowl season I'm sure you will be touting your superiority over us because you will probably have a better bowl record... not that hard when you face the C-USA's #5 team (St. Petersburg Bowl), the SEC's #9 team (Papajohns.com bowl), the ACC's #6 team (Meineke Bowl), the MAC's 1, 2, or 3 team (International Bowl), or the ACC's #3 team (Gator Bowl).

Comment

Working...