Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KoRnStARr
    Noob
    • Apr 2009

Arians is an awful offensive coordinator, lol @ the steelers going 5 wide when our protection sucks enough as it is, and Ben's failure to make a quick hot read out of that set when needed. Not Ben's strength...

The season has been a loss because of this defense, however. They've given up more 4th quarter points then anyone in the league. Troy Polamalu is without a doubt the best player on the Steelers and his loss is staggering to say the least. He is the Steelers at this point.

ALI QUICK

Indianapolis 08 MC Winner, G4 TV Madden Chal Series
    Madden Nation 09 contestant
    Madden 11 EA MC/VG finalist $25,000 tournament

Comment

• Rayman
      Spic 'n Spanish
      • Feb 2009

I refuse to believe, no matter how good he is, that a safety is what makes the Steelers defense. Or any defense, for that matter.

Sorry, just can't get behind that. The Steelers have bigger issues than Polamalu.

Comment

• KoRnStARr
        Noob
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by RayManHCP42
        I refuse to believe, no matter how good he is, that a safety is what makes the Steelers defense. Or any defense, for that matter.

Sorry, just can't get behind that. The Steelers have bigger issues than Polamalu.
        The proof is out there, not sure what more you need. He's the best player on the team and is the biggest playmaker. The safety position is much more important than it used to be in these times, especially with the way the Steelers utilize Troy. Without him, we force no turnovers and give up more points. I've posted the stats a million times. He covers the holes in the secondary when he roams and baits QBs into bad reads and throws, which is why we're able to blitz so successfully with him. Without, we get torched down the field with ease. It's pathetic.
        Last edited by KoRnStARr; 12-11-2009, 10:59 PM.

ALI QUICK

Comment

• FirstTimer
          Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Yeah it's clearly Troy's fault that the offense puts up 6 points against the fucking Browns.

Comment

• Bmore
            The True Free-Man
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Firsttimer
            Yeah it's clearly Troy's fault that the offense puts up 6 points against the fucking Browns.
            x2

Comment

• Mogriffjr
              aka Reece
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by KoRnStARr
              The proof is out there, not sure what more you need. He's the best player on the team and is the biggest playmaker. The safety position is much more important than it used to be in these times, especially with the way the Steelers utilize Troy. Without him, we force no turnovers and give up more points. I've posted the stats a million times. He covers the holes in the secondary when he roams and baits QBs into bad reads and throws, which is why we're able to blitz so successfully with him. Without, we get torched down the field with ease. It's pathetic.
              losing aaron smith hurt too.
              Originally posted by Nick Mangold
              Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate.

Comment

• SethMode
                Master of Mysticism
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Firsttimer
                While I do see what you are saying, and was in agreement with that line of thought earlier in the year: this team has lost important games because of their defense not being the same as it is with Troy in the lineup. At first I was against Korny on this point, but he's right: they're a different team defensively without him in there. At least, they are this year. I don't know what it is, but they just can't get it done. The offense STUNK against the Browns, but in most, if not all, of the other terrible losses, it was the defense coming up short.

Comment

• steeljake
                  6 rings...
                  • Oct 2008

Arians is an awful offensive coordinator, lol @ the steelers going 5 wide when our protection sucks enough as it is, and Ben's failure to make a quick hot read out of that set when needed. Not Ben's strength...

The season has been a loss because of this defense, however. They've given up more 4th quarter points then anyone in the league. Troy Polamalu is without a doubt the best player on the Steelers and his loss is staggering to say the least. He is the Steelers at this point.
                  no, troy is not the steelers... but the horrible o-line, ben holding on to the ball too long, the lack of any kind of rushing attack, a sorry as fuck special teams unit, piss poor CB play, and moronic offensive play calling are to blame.... also...

Originally posted by Mogriffjr
                  losing aaron smith hurt too.
                  this. arron smith being out is a huge reason our pass rush became noexsitent. also krirsche was out for signifigant time. troy is a game changer, but he is not the entire defense. the fact that you started this noise way back in week 2 after the bears loss only proves even more that you are a bandwagon fan and worse than aso when it comes to just repeating what your heroes say on espn and nfl.com. we have a team that does a 7 step dropon 3rd and 2 from 4 and 5 wide sets one week and tries to run the redskins couter tre 25 times the next. willie is not done, he can contribute when the o-line can actaully get a push instead of getting run over. mendenhall has ball security issues and is just not a bruiser like we need, but he should be ok as well. we need to fire bruce arians asap and get back to being a hard nosed team.

23:33 OnlyOneBeerLeft: jake nobody listens to you aint you supposed to die from cancer or somethin soon?

Comment

• Prodigal Son
                    The Greatest
                    • Feb 2009

Bright side, the Steelers didn't allow a special teams touchdown this week.

Comment

• KoRnStARr
                      Noob
                      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by steeljake75
                      no, troy is not the steelers... but the horrible o-line, ben holding on to the ball too long, the lack of any kind of rushing attack, a sorry as fuck special teams unit, piss poor CB play, and moronic offensive play calling are to blame.... also...

this. arron smith being out is a huge reason our pass rush became noexsitent. also krirsche was out for signifigant time. troy is a game changer, but he is not the entire defense. the fact that you started this noise way back in week 2 after the bears loss only proves even more that you are a bandwagon fan and worse than aso when it comes to just repeating what your heroes say on espn and nfl.com. we have a team that does a 7 step dropon 3rd and 2 from 4 and 5 wide sets one week and tries to run the redskins couter tre 25 times the next. willie is not done, he can contribute when the o-line can actaully get a push instead of getting run over. mendenhall has ball security issues and is just not a bruiser like we need, but he should be ok as well. we need to fire bruce arians asap and get back to being a hard nosed team.
                      Bandwagon fan? LMAO! I've been on this team for years, numerous games I've seen, authentic jerseys of about 6 of our players -- just stop . I knew what I was talking about, you didn't THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE. You're still so stubborn to admit I was right, for whatever reason.

And yes, one bad offensive game against the Browns now nullifies the point that the Steelers D without Polamalu is complete and utter ass...lmao. The truth hurts. Doesn't make me a bandwagon fan, but some one who actually knows what's going on. This season was lost on our defensive short-comings this year, especially in the fourth quarter.

sidenote: MENDENHALL is a bruiser we need, I have no idea what the hell you're saying there. He gets tough yards on the regular and has great vision, but he can only do much behind a shit offensive line and minimal rush attempts. Arians play-calling is awful. We have what we need at RB, and it isn't Willie Parker.
                      Last edited by KoRnStARr; 12-13-2009, 12:57 AM.

ALI QUICK

Comment

• Cryolemon
                        English Dolphins Fan
                        • Dec 2008

Talk is cheap.
                        and lies are much better.

/green day

Comment

• steeljake
                          6 rings...
                          • Oct 2008

Bandwagon fan? LMAO! I've been on this team for years, numerous games I've seen, authentic jerseys of about 6 of our players -- just stop . I knew what I was talking about, you didn't THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE. You're still so stubborn to admit I was right, for whatever reason.

And yes, one bad offensive game against the Browns now nullifies the point that the Steelers D without Polamalu is complete and utter ass...lmao. The truth hurts. Doesn't make me a bandwagon fan, but some one who actually knows what's going on. This season was lost on our defensive short-comings this year, especially in the fourth quarter.

sidenote: MENDENHALL is a bruiser we need, I have no idea what the hell you're saying there. He gets tough yards on the regular and has great vision, but he can only do much behind a shit offensive line and minimal rush attempts. Arians play-calling is awful. We have what we need at RB, and it isn't Willie Parker.

1. you arent on this team, no matter much you wish you were some kind of nfl mind and think you could coach you;re just a chump who cheats at a video game.

2. owning jersey's, authentic or not, still doesnt make you a 'fan'

3. being a fan doesnt make you knowledgable, nor does being able to cheat at madden (yes i know i said that already)

4. mendenhall is not a brusier, though he could be... if he didnt cough up the ball in traffic. you think he has vision??!? lmao... all he does is try to cut it outside. thats not vision, thats being scared of contact. a bursier by definition invites contact. are you old enough to remember the Bus?

the only thing we agree on is that arians calls shitty plays. troy being out hurt, but it is not the number one reason we suck. it is merely a contributing factor. the offense failing to grind the clock down late, the d giving up points late and most of all the specials teams coverage being incapable of stoping anyone. open your eyes dumbass and try to think for yourself. this isnt the nba, one man does not make a team. if it did, the colts would have 10 rings.

23:33 OnlyOneBeerLeft: jake nobody listens to you aint you supposed to die from cancer or somethin soon?

Comment

• Bmore
                            The True Free-Man
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Britrock
                            Using injuries is a lame excuse. Everyone in the NFL has to deal with injuries. The Colts haven't had Bob Sanders and half an OLine most of the year and they're still 12-0. The Saints were without Darren Sharper and had Chris McAllister and Mike McKenzie at CB for a few games this year and are 12-0.

I'm sure I said this a few weeks back, but you have to ask just how great your defense is if losing one player means it completely falls apart.
                            Bravo Sir, Brav-fucking-O

Comment

• KoRnStARr
                              Noob
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by steeljake75
                              1. you arent on this team, no matter much you wish you were some kind of nfl mind and think you could coach you;re just a chump who cheats at a video game.

2. owning jersey's, authentic or not, still doesnt make you a 'fan'

3. being a fan doesnt make you knowledgable, nor does being able to cheat at madden (yes i know i said that already)

4. mendenhall is not a brusier, though he could be... if he didnt cough up the ball in traffic. you think he has vision??!? lmao... all he does is try to cut it outside. thats not vision, thats being scared of contact. a bursier by definition invites contact. are you old enough to remember the Bus?

the only thing we agree on is that arians calls shitty plays. troy being out hurt, but it is not the number one reason we suck. it is merely a contributing factor. the offense failing to grind the clock down late, the d giving up points late and most of all the specials teams coverage being incapable of stoping anyone. open your eyes dumbass and try to think for yourself. this isnt the nba, one man does not make a team. if it did, the colts would have 10 rings.
                              lol @ this cheating at madden shit. i wasn't aware i had a gameshark on when i played the game. you're so dumb when it comes to X's and O's though, i'm sure you feel that when I nano "aka double A gap pressure, or overloading the line" is cheating also, when it reality it's football concepts applied to madden.

4) mendenhall is a bruiser, and no he doesn't always try to cut it outside, you must be thinking of that willie parker guy. he's had a fumbiling issue but that doesn't change the fact that he's a tough runner who DOES have great field vision but if nothings there nothing's there. He had a bad game against the Browns D, but he hardly has any help or an opportunity to get any real rhythm with the horrific play-calling.

Originally posted by britock
                              Using injuries is a lame excuse. Everyone in the NFL has to deal with injuries. The Colts haven't had Bob Sanders and half an OLine most of the year and they're still 12-0. The Saints were without Darren Sharper and had Chris McAllister and Mike McKenzie at CB for a few games this year and are 12-0.

I'm sure I said this a few weeks back, but you have to ask just how great your defense is if losing one player means it completely falls apart.
                              The players you mentioned aren't the key cog to their respected defenses or even remotely close to being utilized in the same fashion in which Troy is.

The Colts have a tremendous pass rush while just sending four, the Steelers bring a lot of pressure and heavily rely on Troy to lurk and cover the hole's in the secondary left vacant because of these blitzes. Darren Sharper is essentially the Saints center-fielder, he's great at what he does but isn't asked to do what Troy does.

This defense without Troy IS NOT a great or even really good defense without him in the lineup. I have no shame in at all in admitting that. So yes, I agree with your assessment, you have to question this defense's ability without Troy on the field.

No Troy = no turnovers, no dynamic playmaker, and a huge void in the secondary and most of all now our scheme without him.

ALI QUICK

Comment

• steeljake
                                6 rings...
                                • Oct 2008

4) mendenhall is a bruiser, and no he doesn't always try to cut it outside, you must be thinking of that willie parker guy. he's had a fumbiling issue but that doesn't change the fact that he's a tough runner who DOES have great field vision but if nothings there nothing's there. He had a bad game against the Browns D, but he hardly has any help or an opportunity to get any real rhythm with the horrific play-calling.
                                if mendy is such a bruiser he would have had zero issues with the 32nd ranked D in the nfl. please stfu already. with every word you type you only confirm what a moron you really are. just becasue is BCV rating on madden is good doesnt mean he has it IRL.

Comment

Working...