• Show
Clear All
  • Leftwich
    Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Leftwich's Mock Draft V.1

2010 Mock Draft Version 1

1. Cleveland Browns- Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame

Eric Mangina will not make it to season two with The Browneyes. With a new Coach comes a new QB. Clausen is probably the best pro-ready QB in the draft. They'll more than likely start him from day 1 which should make the decision of taking Clausen over the "raw" Jake Locker.

2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

The real need in Tampa is a Wide Reciever to help Josh Freeman develop but Dez Bryant is not a value pick here. Tampa needs to continue to create a better pass rush and a DE would be a good pick here too but just like Dez, there isn't any DE that is worth of the 2 pick. Suh should be able to contribute immediately and is likely the best player in the draft.

3. St. Louis Rams- Jake Locker, QB, Washington

It sucks to know that the Rams will have to continue to rebuild. For the most part their first round picks haven't panned out but with time Jake Locker will develop into a franchise QB. Bulger and Boller aren't getting it done and Locker would be a smart pick to lead a better offensive attack. It's going to take time but Locker will help the team a lot in the long run.

4. Detroit Lions- Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State

I believe that Matthew Stafford will have a lot of say as to where the Lions go with this pick. The offense will continue to improve if the front office makes a smart choice and takes the best OT on the board. He is also one of the best players in the draft and is a very safe pick to protect Matthew Stafford. For all I care, the team can move Jeff Backus's fat ass to the right side.

5. Washington Redskins- Eric Berry, S, Tennessee

Dan Snyder is a moron. He could easily go after an OT to create better pass blocking for his incumbent QB, Jason Campbell. But nay he is gonna take a big name player. Berry is a good safety and will pair up well with Laron Landry but the offense will continue to struggle.

6. Kansas City Chiefs- Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland

Kansas City is in need of someone to protect Matt Cassell. Bruce Campbell is a fine tackle who should get the job done. There aren't too many more pressing needs than tackle but the team could definitely look at fixing their secondary.

7. Oakland Raiders- Taylor Mays, S, USC

Al Davis never fails to shock everyone. Taylor Mays stock has fallen so badly this season but Al Davis is gonna look at that power and speed he has and fall in love. BUT!!! Taylor Mays will likely develop into a decent safety and if used properly he will be able to get pressure in the running and passing game. Too bad he won't be known for his coverage skills.

8. Buffalo Bills- Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma

Someone is gonna pull the trigger on him and I guess Buffalo will be that time. They haven't had a legit QB since Jim Kelly and thats saying something. Bradford may have injury problems and might be a system QB. On the other hand he may shake the injuries and prove to everyone he wasn't a system QB. Who knows....

9. San Fransisco 49ers- Joe Haden, CB, Florida

Mike Singletary has a lot of room with this pick. He has another one shortly and will probably want to get value for this pick and take Joe Haden to make his secondary that much better. He has to take a look at Gerald McCoy who is still on the board but I don't think McCoy will be a good NT but a better DT.

10. Denver Broncos- Rolando McClain, MLB, Alabama

Denver needs more help at linebacker and McClain will be able to be the second ILB or move to the outside to cause more of a pass rush. In a 3-4 system run by Josh McDaniels there can never be too many linebackers.

11. Seattle Seahawks- Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma

I really have McCoy falling out of the top 5. I think the Seahawks have bigger needs but you can't pass on someone like McCoy. He will cause so much disruption in the trenches they their last year investment in Aaron Curry will be helped big time.

12. NY Jets- Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State

I don't think the Jets will bring back Braylon Edwards. Cotchery can not be the #1 without someone else who can stretch the field or haul in tough passes. In my opinion if they do draft Dez, it will be only a matter of time before he takes over the #1 and Jericho goes back to the way things were at #2.

13. San Fransisco 49ers- Charles Brown, OT, USC

San Fransisco will finally have bookends at tackle. Staley at left and Brown at right. With that kind of protection you could have a trained monkey throw passes.

14. Houston Texans- Earl Thomas, S, Texas

Houston finally goes after a safety in the draft. Earl Thomas will play either FS or SS depending on how Bernard Pollard finishes out the season. The Duo of Thomas and Pollard could cause problems for pass happy teams in the AFC and finally give their secondary something to be proud of.

15. Tennessee Titans- Donovan Warren, CB, Michigan

As long as Vince Young keeps winning games they'll keep him at QB. The pressing issue now is to bring in some young blood at CB. Warren is very talented and will be able to play opposite of Cortland Finnegan very well. More than likely he'll be the #2 for years to come.

16. Miami Dolphins- Terrance Cody, NT, Alabama

New England has Vince Wilfork and who does Miami have? Jason Ferguson and he is old as fuck. It is rare to find a talented NT in first round worthy of a top half pick. Parcells will jump all over him (no homo).

17. Jacksonville Jaguars- Tim Tebow, QB, Florida

This will be a giant head scratcher but all Jax fans know this is likely where we'll go with this pick. Chances are he won't pan out at the NFL level as an every down QB but he is gonna sell the fuck out of tickets.

18. Atlanta Falcons- Derrick Morgan, DE/OLB, Georgia Tech

OLB is a big need for Falcons but Morgan probably won't play that position. Mike Smith will put him at DE and will more than likely find positive results. Pass rush is a big need for Atlanta and Morgan should be able to help.

19. Pittsburgh Steelers- Nate Allen, S, USF

Not a whole lot of people are talking about him. He is having a good season and will continue to in the NFL. Safety is a need for Pittsburgh not because Troy is injured but because Ryan Clark is going to be a free agent in the offseason. It would be wise to add some youth rather than sign a player approaching thirty. Bit of a reach but a damn good player.

20. New York Giants- Sean Weatherspoon, MLB/OLB, Mizzou

I'm not sure which linebacker he'll play but with the injuries catching up with Pierce and no real threat at LB, Weatherspoon has to be the man here. Interesting note, he went to the Giants in my mock draft last year.

21. Baltimore Ravens- Damian Williams, WR, USC

Derrick Mason isn't coming back next year and Mark Clayton is on a contract year underachieving. If both players fly coop next year, Joe Flacco will have Todd Heap.... that's it. Damian Williams will be able to translate well into the NFL as long as Flacco stays healthy like he's been doing.

22. Green Bay Packers- Brian Bulaga, OT, Iowa

Bulaga falls all the way to Green Bay and their front office couldn't be happier. He will help out the passing game and running game as soon as he's ready to go. He should be ready to go from day one but the Packers are weird.

23. Philadelphia Eagles- Greg Hardy, DE, Ole Miss

Philly doesn't have many pressing needs, they just need more youth on the team. Guard is something to look into by Hardy will fall into their laps and I'm sure Andy Reid will figure some way to use him in his crazy blitz schemes.

24. Seattle Seahawks- CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson

The ACC player of the year will move all the way from the Atlantic Coast to the North West. Jahvid Best would be another player to think about but his concussions will cause a lot of second guessing. Seattle will go with a safe pick here and take CJ Spiller who should be able to stretch the field with his speed and agility.

25. Arizona Cardinals- Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas

Arizona is in need of someone to bring pressure in the 3-4 scheme. Most everyone in the linebacking core is old as dog shit. Kindle will be able to get a lot of pressure on the QB and stop the runningback dead. Arizona would be stupid not to take him.

26. New England Patriots- Travis Lewis, OLB, Oklahoma

It seems everytime i look, the Patriots are adding a linebacker. They need one too to continue to add depth and youth at linebacker. Travis Lewis is more of a 4-3 linebacker but should be able to learn Bill Belichick's defense and cause quite a ruckus.

27. Dallas Cowboys- Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers

Dallas is in dire need of some help on the offensive line. Anthony Davis is big and should really help protect Tony Romo and give him time to get the ball to Miles Austin. Saftey is another need but there isn't a safety worth the pick this late in the first round.

28. Cincinatti Bengals- Brandon Spikes, MLB, Florida

With Dhani Jones not getting any younger they need to address the Middle Linebacker. Brandon Spikes will be added to Rey and Keith to form a very good core of big players. In a few years this will be the best 4-3 linebacker core in the league.

29. San Diego Chargers- Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee

A lot of experts have him above Terrance Cody but I think he'll fall because of Cody's playmaking ability. But Dan Williams is an absolute monster in the trenches and will be a more than capable replacement for Jamaal Williams.

30. Minnesota Vikings- Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas

This will be a big surprise but it'll make sense. I believe Brett Favre will be back for one more year and the Vikings front office will jump on a QB with great arm strength and some intangibles to sit and learn from Brett Favre for a year.

31. Indianapolis Colts- Jason Fox, OT, Miami

Tony Ugoh is blah and might end up backing someone up or moving to another position on the OL. Jason Fox should come in and be able to start to help protect Manning's blindside. He is a bit risky but the dividends could be numerous if he succeeds.

32. New Orleans Saints- Jahvid Best, RB, Cal

Eventually someone is going to get to Drew Brees and I don't think Bush will be back next year. Jahvid best is a rare talent that can be a definite game changer. If the Saints go with him he'll be able to take a lot of pressure off of Brees and add a whole new dimension to the offense.

Originally posted by Tailback U
    It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.
  • Champ
    Needs a hobby
    • Oct 2008

With Spikes on the board giants wont pass him up. Another problem is that we havent drafted a LB in the first 3 rounds in a long time til last year when we went Sintim

Comment

• St. Francisco
      45-35 Never Forget
      • Feb 2009

I like your picks for the Niners...I'm hoping they address secondary and o-line as you predict.

One thing I will say though is that I find it highly unlikely that Gerald McCoy is a target for them. Not the way Aubrayo Franklin has been playing.

Also, with Thomas and Bell in the backfield, I can't see the Saints going runningback.

Comment

• Archer
        Go the fuck outside
        • Oct 2008

31. Indianapolis Colts- Jason Fox, OT, Miami

Tony Ugoh is blah and might end up backing someone up or moving to another position on the OL. Jason Fox should come in and be able to start to help protect Manning's blindside. He is a bit risky but the dividends could be numerous if he succeeds.
        Being kind to Ugoh by calling him blah . The fact that he got benched for 6th round pick shows how fucking useless he is

As a Colts fan , I hope we go DT or LT but Polian always goes BPA so it's impossible to predict

Comment

• Leftwich
          Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

It's early... just the like order the draft will change. I'll probably throw another one together around the end of the season.

Originally posted by Tailback U
          It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• BazookaJoe5
            Formerly ravensownall17
            • Feb 2009

I don't really care WHO the player is, as long as the Ravens draft a WR or a TE.

Also, from what I hear the Ravens will probably cut Heap. The fact that we have no WRs under contract for next year would indicate my wishes will be granted and we'll get a new WR...

Comment

• Woy
              RIP West
              • Dec 2008

I would be satisfied with Donovan Warren, could replace that fucking bum Nick Harper.

I would LOL @ Cleveland took Clausen number one though. Not saying it can't happen, because I could see it happening, but Clausen is not that good. Well, not good enough to warrant the number one pick.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Rayman
                Spic 'n Spanish
                • Feb 2009

I'd actually be very happy with Davis in Dallas. I've loved his game since I watched him in high school. He was an animal at Piscataway.

Of course, if that happens, it means Dallas' starting tackles in 2011 wouild certainly be he and Doug Free. And that would mean a much more mobile and athletic offensive group.

I could see us going defense again, though. Davis is too good a talent to be available there.

Comment

• Sportsbuck
                  Buckeye For Life
                  • Dec 2008

Ryan Mallett isn't coming out this year.

Donovan Warren isn't a first round talent. He's a borderline first day pick.

Brandon Graham is a lock for the first round, too.

Comment

• T.Dot
                    A Real RockNRolla
                    • Nov 2008

Williams is solid but I'd rather see A.J. take a safety or reciever for Philip

Comment

• Juggernaut
                      Sitting on the Sidelines
                      • Dec 2008

I dont follow college football that much but...

Is clausen really better than mccoy, bradford or tebow?

Comment

• Miami Flash15
                        The Jets Suck
                        • Jul 2009

idk about the Saints with Best.

I don't want to see Dez Bryant with NY lol. No way please.

Comment

• Sportsbuck
                          Buckeye For Life
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Juggernaut
                          I dont follow college football that much but...

Is clausen really better than mccoy, bradford or tebow?
                          Clausen and Bradford are the only two that are first rounders, McCoy is a good college QB but like Tebow they are both probably late first day picks.

Comment

• dell71
                            Enter Sandman
                            • Mar 2009

Damn, we're starting mock drafts already?

Comment

• Irish
                              do you see my jesus chain
                              • Oct 2008

WHAT!!???

If Clausen is the number one overall pick I am the worst judge of talent.

Comment

Working...