• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ram29jackson
    Noob
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by BORN4CORN
    I lol'd for a good 30 seconds

Anyway, I was just pointing out how it was the worst Heisman show I've ever seen put together.

O well, the award is a fuckin joke nowadays anyway.

they have awards for best at each position every year anyway.

best WR= Fred Bilettnikoff award etc

its obvious Suh gets best defensive lineman but its not considered as big a deal. They should just replace the best QB or RB award with the Heisman so there is less debate about it. Besides, its based on popularity, networking and top 20 schools.

that QB from Central Mich. I think was just as deserving as any of these guys regardless of what you might say about his comp or whatever.

Comment

• kbpsu
      next year.
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ram29jackson
      wow that was so well thought and intellectually stimulating.
      than again, your barely a year removed from your prom, so I don't expect you to understand a decent amount of logic.

MERRY christmas woy, may God bless you to live a long, happy, healthy, life!
      speaking of intellectually stimulating, maybe you should learn to use words correctly before you try to insult someone else.
      RIP HK, JJ

Comment

• ram29jackson
        Noob
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by kbpsu
        speaking of intellectually stimulating, maybe you should learn to use words correctly before you try to insult someone else.
        a couple misspelled words don't make the statement any less true. Pay me and I'll worry about it.

in any case the award went to what appears to be a good kid who spoke well.

Comment

• Woy
          RIP West
          • Dec 2008

a couple misspelled words don't make the statement any less true. Pay me and I'll worry about it.

in any case the award went to what appears to be a good kid who spoke well.
          You really think Ingram spoke well?

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Tengo Juego
            Posts a lot
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Woy
            He talked too much. Tried to say too much lol.

Comment

• NAHSTE
              Probably owns the site
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BORN4CORN
              Obviously a lot of you are watching this, but does anyone think the way its put together this year is just terrible?

Everyone looks really awkward and uncomfortable & Fowler could be the worst host ever. The interviews in the back of the room where no one could see are weird, lights going off, Kirk's stupid regional map, and horrible highlight reels that were like 15 seconds long. IDK, I just think this year the show is put together horribly.

What happen to them going into their life story, big games, etc.?

BTW, Go Gerhart.
              It's the same every year. Kirk with the regional map was really stupid, but everything else was pretty much on par with normal.

With Tebow and McCoy having already had their stories told numerous times, I thought doing them together was a good call. I liked the Gerhart and Suh segments, and I'm glad they didn't go too much into Ingram's father and his incarceration.

It was all worth it for Ingram's speech, which was very good television. He seems like a good guy.

Originally posted by silkamilkmonico
              What kind of RB is Ingram, I've never seen him? What style is he comparable to in the NFL?
              Patient, has good vision and runs with good lean. Very hard to bring down and capable of making a big play in the passing game. Not very tall, around 5'10-11, but stoutly built. Gary Danielsen recently compared him to Emmitt Smith, and for once I agree with him. Maybe it's just the number and the body type but there is a resemblance there.
              Last edited by NAHSTE; 12-13-2009, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• ram29jackson
                Noob
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Woy

Yes, he did quite well, given the situation.

Comment

• ram29jackson
                  Noob
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Tengo Juego
                  He talked too much. Tried to say too much lol.
                  better than last years -thank you and good bye

Comment

• 1ke
                    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                    • Mar 2009

Its all just a sham anyhow....I dont even think he is the best player in his team

Comment

• Fox1994
                      Posts too much
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Woy
                      Gerhart/Suh should have won IMO.

Alabama D-Line: 98 Tkl, 23.5 TFL, 9.5 Sk, 20 QBH, 5 PBU, 0 Int, 1 FF, 3 Blk
                      Florida D-Line: 112 Tkl, 33 TFL, 14 Sk, 48 QBH, 5 PBU, 0 Int, 1 FF, 0 Blk
                      Texas D-Line: 116 Tkl, 25.5 TFL, 15.5 Sk, 10 QBH, 7 PBU, 0 Int, 2 FF, 0 Blk
                      Ndamukong Suh: 82 Tkl, 23 TFL, 12 Sk, 24 QBH, 10 PBU, 1 Int, 1 FF, 3 Blk
                      Gerhart reminds me of Csonka, even though he was before our time. Watching highlight film of both of them, it's like he's the second coming of Csonka. I was hoping Suh would win it. I'm okay with Ingram, though - he's the third consecutive sophomore and a really great runner, from what I've seen...

they have awards for best at each position every year anyway.

best WR= Fred Bilettnikoff award etc

its obvious Suh gets best defensive lineman but its not considered as big a deal. They should just replace the best QB or RB award with the Heisman so there is less debate about it. Besides, its based on popularity, networking and top 20 schools.

that QB from Central Mich. I think was just as deserving as any of these guys regardless of what you might say about his comp or whatever.
                      Dan LeFevour's 147 touchdowns responsible for (101 passing, 46 rushing) is the new NCAA record, passing-up Colt Brennan. He's also the ownly player in NCAA history with 12000 passing yards (12,510) and 2500 rushing yards (2936). After his bowl game he'll be the only player with 12000 passing and 3000 rushing. He's third all-time in offensive yards.

CMU is 25 according to the AP, but is unranked in the BCS and Coaches' polls. LeFevour played in the 2006, 2007, and 2008 Motor City Bowl. This year's 2010 GMAC will be his first January Bowl game. 11-2 CMU Chippewas v. 9-3 Troy Trojans.

I'm excited. Haha. Sorry for the TMI. I think he should've been there instead of Tebow this year, but oh well.

Comment

Working...